Your top 5 routines from this season? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Your top 5 routines from this season?

gotoschool

Medalist
Mao Asada's SP especially Cup of China and Grand Prix Final - magnificent triple axels and triple flip and loop, intricate and picturesque spins transitioning seamlessly into sophisticated jazz dance with silky smooth skating skills.

Mao Asada's LP Madame Butterfly Worlds - moved a mountain of emotions in me, transcendent beauty, every move and gesture done with pristine grace and great depth of artistic expression that builds the character slowly as expectation transforms into heart rending desperation, Opera meets ballet on ice with some dazzling tech elements

Hanyu Ballade- wonderful mix of restraint and abandon that matches the mood of the music with magnificent jump elements

Javiar Fernandez LP Worlds- wonderful mix of moves set to Frank Sinatra tunes with a technically dazzling display

Gabriella Papadikis / Guillaume Cizeron LP - Their unison of movement is soothing, intricate and highly artistic and sets a beautiful ideal in the mind that is frozen in time.

Last edited:

Clairechang

Rinkside
So many beautiful programs so hard to choose...
Top five but not in order:
Papadakis/Cizeron fd (worlds) just too beautiful to watch. Love the dance though I know few things about the technique about ice dancing.
Sui/Han sp (worlds) just proud of them! Wish Sui good luck after the surgery.
Yuzuru lp (NHK) not a Yuzu fan but this is the best men program this season, no doubt.
Wagner sp and lp (GPF) one of the most beautiful ladies! So glad she finally got a medal at worlds.
Mao sp (COC) Lovely music especially the second part. Don't like the costume though.

other great programs: Javiar's sp suits him! Satoko's sp lovely. Weaver/Poje fd love the music! Shibs fd good song, love the twizzle part! Alaine's sp pina:love: Yulia's sp at Russia National: oh my girl...I almost cry at when I watched that...

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
- Asada SP
- Miyahara SP
- Miyahara FP
- Hanyu FP
- Jin FP
Honorable mention: Kavaguti/Smirnov FP.

Skaters from Asia really stole the show this year for me. :) It was so hard to choose only 5 though, and leave out Medvedeva, Hongo, the Shibutanis etc...

Tutto

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan LP
Yazuru Hanyu LP
Mikhail Kolyada SP
Giada Russo LP
Anna Pogorilaya SP (but not a costume!)

1. Yuzuru's LP at NHK and GPF, also his SP at NHK.
2. Evgenia's LP overall.
3. P/C FD in European and worlds.
4. W/P FD in Skate Canada.
5. Ashley's LP in Skate Canada.

As someone mentioned before it's hard to choose only 5, not mentioning Rika Hongo's LP, Patrick's LP in 4CC and Shibutanis.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
In no particular order:
Evgenia's FS
Yuzuru's FS
Javier's SP
Shibs' FS
Gabriella and Guillaume's FS

Honorable mentions:
Satoko's SP
Mao's LP
Patrick's FS
Shoma's FS
Ksenia and Fedor's FS
Wenjing and Cong's SP
Kaitlyn and Andrew's FS
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's FS

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
1. Yuzuru Hanyu--LP, Seimei-NHK & GPF
2. Yuzuru Hanyu--SP, Chopin-Worlds
3. Alex and Maia Shibutani--FD, Fix You-Nationals & Worlds
4. Shoma Uno--SP, Legends-TEB still my favorite
5. Mao Asada--LP, Madame Butterfly-Worlds
6. Boyang Jin--SP at NHK (Thank you, Mrs P!), and wistful mention for what Dragon Racing might have been

So many, many, more

What a wonderful year

mrrice

Record Breaker
Top 5 routines from any event?

1.Evgenia's LP from, Well, everywhere. I just loved her and was so happy to see the audience here in the US give her that huge and well deserved Standing Ovation.
2. Gracie's LP from Nationals.
3. Patrick's LP from 4CC
4. Ashley's LP from Worlds
5. It's a tie between The Shibs LP from Nationals and The French Team at Worlds.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's really hard to decide.
Everything in no particular order
My fav programmes
Yuzu FS
Duhamel/Radford - both
Stolbova/Klimov - both
Gilles/Poirier SP
Weaver/Poje SP
Javi FS

My fav performances
Yuzu FS NHK
Duhamel/Radford - both - Worlds
Mikhail Kolyada SP Worlds
Stolbova/Klimov - both - GPF
Rika Hongo FS Worlds
Patrick Chan FS TCC
Javi FS Worlds
Ashley SP Worlds

and for the fun of it

My fav exhibition performances
Adian Pitkeev CoR
Cappellini/Lanotte
Bobrova/Soloviev
Super Javi GPF
Yuzu

You mentioned all the other great numbers. It's been a terrific season. Thanks to all the skaters/coaches/choreographers and the GS members who make it extra special and worthwhile being a skating fan! :hap10:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Javi's free skate - especially @ Worlds
The Shibs free dance - US Nationals, Worlds
Adam's Beatle's medley - Worlds
Ashley's free skate - Worlds (I do :love: Hip, Hip, Chin, Chin, too!)
Gilles & Poirier - Beatles' short dance - Worlds

Exhibitions:
Cappellini & Lanotte - "Dance of the Hours"
Duhamel & Radford - "Piano Man"
Mao's "Puttin' on the Ritz"

Last edited:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
1. Gracie Gold Us Nationals Long Program. I was nervous for her after Polina's skate and her short, I was sitting there amazed when she won with a perfect program. I hope she finds consistency soon!

2. Shibutani's free dance US Nationals. I have loved the Shibutani's for years, it was amazing to see them shine brightest at an event many believed they wouldn't win and then a worlds silver medal!

3. Ashely Wagner worlds long program. She is a diamond, I wanted her to win worlds last year and I kinda lost hope for her after she fell there and then again at the grad prix final. After Gracie's fall (which wasn't the trainwrek everyone seems to think it is) I wasn't sure Ashley could pull it out but she did and it was marvelous.

4. Nathan Chen's 4 quad skate at the US nationals. I wish Nathan the best for the future, his injury was unfortunate. He may come to dominate the US field in the future.

5. Mao Asada worlds long program. I will never understand how her PCS scores are not ahead of the rest of the fields. She is the most magnificent skater when she is on, she should have surpassed Ashely and Medvedeva in PCS.

Honorable mention, Evgenia Medvedeva's long program. I didn't care for it and it's constant tano arms but she consistently kept it together, the girl has it. I also thought she was overscored at worlds, she won to me but she didn't break the record. Let's see where she is next season.

Another honorable mention is Yulia Lipinyskaya who is one of my favortie skaters, her TEB short program was a bright moment for her. I dream she comes back next season to domiante the Russian fields.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Hard to narrow it down to 5 si I'll cheat:

1. Hanyu LP and SP
2. Shibs LP
3. Hongo SP and LP
4. Javi SP
5. Pogo SP and LP

Honorable mentions: Ashley LP, S/K LP, K/S LP, Shoma SP, Samohin SP, G/P SP, Mao SP

fireovertheice

On the Ice
Yes...it's very hard, but if I have to choose, this is my list of (programmes):

1. Yuzuru Hanyu LP and SP
2. Papadakis/ Cizeron LP
3. Shibutani/ Shibutani LP
4. Javier Fernadez SP
5. Ashley Wagner SP

My honorable mentions: Patrick Chan LP, Mao Asada LP, Ashley Wagner LP, Shoma Uno SP, Evgenia Medvedeva LP

cocotaffy

Final Flight
1- Papadakis/Cizeron SD World, LP Euros and World
2- Hubbell/Donohue LP World
3- Bobrova/Soloviev LP Euros
4- Javier Fernandez LP World
5- Giada Russo Red violin LP Euros

Honorable Mentions: Savchenko/Massot LP World, Han/Sui SP World, Gilles/Poirier LP World, Yuzuru SP World & LP NHK, Coomes/Buckland LP World

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
1. Anna Pogorilaya - Bolero
2. Rika Hongo - Riverdance
3. Grant Hochstein - Les Miserables
4. Shoma Uno - Legends
5. Mao Asada - Madame Butterfly

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Anna Pogorilaya - Bolero
2. Rika Hongo - Riverdance
3. Grant Hochstein - Les Miserables
4. Shoma Uno - Legends
5. Mao Asada - Madame Butterfly

I have probably watched Grant's Les Mis at least 30 times since Worlds. The step sequence part where we were all going berserk just brings me to tears! So fun to share in his moment!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So difficult to pick just five (and in no particular order):

1) Hanyu’s SP at Worlds – just amazing jumps and improved artistry in year 2 with the Chopin program. The audience at Worlds was just enchanted.

2) Mirai’s FS at 4CCs – never really loved the music cuts from the GG, but she had such a great technical skate and looked like she was having fun. Her first international medal in ages! Bonus points for her beautiful costume and headband.

3) Ashley's SP at TCC – she’s a World Silver Medalist® and sold the heck out of that program complete with clean jumping passes. Bonus points for clapping during her spin and the magical Marissa Castelli dress!

4) Shibs' FD at Nationals – I loved every performance of “Fix You” from Skate Canada onwards, but Nationals was the best, IMO when they finally became national champions.

5) Javi FS at Worlds – just wow with the three quads and entertaining from beginning to end. I’ll never forget the crowd standing before he finished!

temadd

Final Flight
Wagner - short at worlds
Hanyu - long at grand prix final
Wagner - long at worlds
Rika Hongo - long at worlds
Adam Rippon - long at worlds