Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 855 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Sorrento

Record Breaker
My God this song.. i've heard it hundreds of times but it still brings chills. I think it would actually fit the program too (for the people who lost someone on that tragic day)
I think that the feeling of loss is actually universal. And every person could have his or her own reason and experience to relate to this program. It sounds quite promising, can't wait to see it.

nagini

On the Ice
I think that the feeling of loss is actually universal. And every person could have his or her own reason and experience to relate to this program. It sounds quite promising, can't wait to see it.

Agree. Can't wait for it too.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
One word that came to my mine: Merman.
First thing my mother said when she saw the picture: oh so this year he's playing a mermaid, huh? :laugh:

I actually like it :yes: Like some of you I could do without the big frill thing across the chest, but I'll reserve final judgment until I've seen the costume in action. Sometimes those things look quite different as soon as he starts to move.

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank you for the report! Yuzuru LOVES kids and talking, how on earth could he care about something else?
Marin obviously loves him, I've seen some tweets about her often coming to him for a hug.
I wish they will broadcast the moment of that Marin hugs him. It must look good. ;)

In the interview at FaOI in Shizuoka, when they talked about Yuzuru's abs shown while his doing spins, Miki said to Yuzuru, "You should have stuck it (T-shirt) in your pants (without fail)!", something like that joikingly, and I laughed as she sounded like his mother
:laugh: maybe he’s starting to like showing his abs these days.

Thanks yhmafan! Yamato Tamura is also quite a looker (hard to see in those videos though ). I read he is now one of Satoko's coaches, and I think has put his cross dressing days behind him.

Yes, he is. :biggrin: oh he now is Satoko’s coache, didn't know that. Thank you for the information.
You know, your comment actually reminded me of this "Song to the Siren" by This Mortail Coil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWKJ2FUiAQ It was used as a soundtrack to "The lovely bones" and it is very dark and tragic, and also painfully beautiful.

She and the song kinda reminded me of Enya. Thank you for letting me know her.:)

-------------------------------------

Talking of his costume, Here are my top 3.

①White Legend  ②R&J 1  ③SEIMEI (but I think Seimei will be no.2 in the near future.)

I also a lot like this and this (I say about costume of course :laugh:)

As for the new EX costume, I think I already like that suits him and is too beautiful to resist in my eyes.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Wow, 4 pages overnight!

Thank you, hamaguri, for the report. I hope to see it broadcast because it sounds like something differrnt from Yuzu.

I love love the costume. :love: I like this sort of costumes in general, but Yuzu makes them look great, they really suit him.

Now that I can see a photo, it doesn't resemble Etude or R&J 2.0 so much but rather POTO 2.0. The combination of the 3 maybe.

Welcome to the Yuzu fan thread and Golden Skate. Post often. :cheer:

I'm so happy to finally see the sparkly lettuce costume in photos. Regardless of what I think of the costume itself, seeing Yuzu in it has made me terribly happy. It says to me that yes, he may wear subdued and 'normal' costumes sometimes, but you will NEVER be able to suppress his inner self that LOVES the frills and bling. It's Yuzu. Yuzu will wear frills. :laugh:

Hahaha, yes.

his costume reminds me of the ocean: the green and blue of the colors of the water; the ruffles/frills of the waves; the bright, glittering stones of sea spray; and the illusion mesh of the ocean's end, which is land (earth). The foregoing images may seem idyllic but 3.11, the "inspiration" for the music, is anything but, and hamaguri describes Yuzuru's exhibition itself as full of dark emotions. Looking forward to seeing the exhibition to see how it all works out.

kiches pointed out something that sory of also crossed my mind, and it really suits the theme:

After looking at the costume pictures the design of the illusion mesh (is that what it's called?) and the light green frills that reminds me seaweed, the costume gives me the impression of something that was scratched over by claws, or wounded so to speak. I'm not sure if I like it yet (love the color though) but I want to see it in motion.

Now my list of 3 favorite Yuzu costumes:

1. Etude
2. White Legend
3. POT0 v1.0

Others (especially R&J 2.0) run close because I love all of his out-there costumes except the 2010/11 LP one and I quite like his more normal ones.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I love the costume it's so beautiful! 😍 actually there're more and more people who likes it, we're not a minority. ^^ and yes I think merman suits better than lettuce. It really reminds of Etude, with more frills, rhinestones and mint green version. I wonder who designed it. I know it reminds of Johnny, but I'm not sure he's the one.
My fav costumes so far:
1- Etude
2- Notre Dame de Paris
3- R&J 2.0
4- Seimen
5- Requiem

SuzyQ

Medalist
:laugh: maybe he’s starting to like showing his abs these days.

Sorry, yhmafan, I made a mistake in the sentence. It should be "tucked" instead of "stuck."

But I hope you could get what I wanted to say, that is,

"You should have tucked it (T-shirt) in your pants (without fail)!", Miki said.

:bow:

yhmafan

Medalist
Sorry, yhmafan, I made a mistake in the sentence. It should be "tucked" instead of "stuck."

But I hope you could get what I wanted to say, that is,

"You should have tucked it (T-shirt) in your pants (without fail)!", Miki said.

:bow:

No need to say sorry about that. but thanks SuzyQ :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
@Hamaguri thank you a lot for your report. I think you were able to describe very well the new EX. Looking forward to the second part.

And joining to everyone here. My three fav. Costumes are
1. Hana ni nare
2. Seimei
3. Chopin

SuzyQ

Medalist
Thank you yhmafan.

And thank you hamaguri for the show report, and oriquey for the costume info :love:

I hope he will do this EX for the show in Kobe, as the requiem for Hanshin Awaji Earthquake, as well as for Tohoku area. Then it will be broadcasted and we can see it later. Fingers crossed.

My favorites are;

1. Etude
2. R&J 1
3. Under Armour
http://prcm.jp/album/upaupaupapa/pic/21941216

:p

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Anastasiya just posted a clip of SEIMEI from FaOI. His 4S looks really nice from above:)
https://instagram.com/p/4g_KMrsOG_/

That 4S, I hope we see it being performed just as beautifully in competition :love:

And well, I'll get into the costume game too:
1. Chopin (it was surreally beautiful)
2. Hana ni Nare
3. Final Time Traveler (yeah kill me, but I love the details)

SEIMEI is very close to making the list but I can't make an opinion yet since he said it's not finished yet. But I hope he doesn't make too drastic changes since I adore it the way it is (though it's probably too plain for Yuzuru's standards :biggrin: )

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
This is my fav costume list. I hope it doesn't shock anyone...

1. R&J 2, Etude
2. Final Time Traveller, Believe :love: (I thought of putting them first, cause they're absolutely beautiful, but emotional attachment-wise first ones win)
3. R&J 1, Hana Ni Nare, Phantom 1
Sorry I couldn't choose between them so I put them in places this way :laugh: I certainly LOVE his sparkly-frilly-elegant style and in my mind R&J2 fits his lines the best. I think I fell in love with his aesthetics when I first saw him in this costume. I think I'm in a minority here :eek::