Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun110

Final Flight
To celebrate 90th Anniversary of Japan-Canada relations, Japan consulate in Vancouver posted Yuzu's 'Japan, Canada and me' video. It's an old video though.

Yuzuru Hanyu is a Japanese figure skater who trains under Brian Orser in Toronto. He won gold in men's singles in the 2014 Sochi Olympics and is a two-time World Champion. At nineteen years old, he was the youngest skater to win gold at the Olympics since 1948. Hanyu has broken world records twelve times, and currently holds the world records for the highest short program, free skating, and combined total scores. 2018 marks the 90th Anniversary of Japan-Canada relations. To celebrate, each week of 2018 we will be highlighting the unique contributions of 1 individual strengthening the bond between Japan and Canada.

https://youtu.be/q2RjEvAzf9I

Henni147

Final Flight
So Yuzu is really competing at ACI :yahoo: I expected this tbh, but it's great to have confirmation :hap10:

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
I guess he can't reject little children asking for a picture :)

silkpanda

Rinkside

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Does anyone else - every time the Programs By Discipline thread pops up as updated - feel like whining "wwwhhhhyyy are we waaaaaaiiting????"

Yes, I know why (roll on media day!!!) and I know that at least we got to see the exhibition piece and it's gorgeous and I'm grateful but still...

firal

Record Breaker
Does anyone else - every time the Programs By Discipline thread pops up as updated - feel like whining "wwwhhhhyyy are we waaaaaaiiting????"

Yes, I know why (roll on media day!!!) and I know that at least we got to see the exhibition piece and it's gorgeous and I'm grateful but still...

I am grateful for him for spacing it out (I am assuming media day is in August like previous years), so at least our blank period is not too long! This way we have something every month! :laugh: August for media day, September for Autumn classic, October we scope out the rest of the field, November GPs and so on!!

Plus we might get new commercials when we are least expecting it. ;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
https://twitter.com/yuzuyuri1207/status/1020818320822423553 In Javi's recent Olympic Channel interview he had this to say about Yuzu. :thumbsup:

--Though I wish they would ask only ask Javi about Yuzu as much as they ask Yuzu about Javi. To keep the focus even. ;)

I agree - and I think Yuzu would like to be asked a bit more too, in the Foreign Press Club conference after the Olympics he got asked a question by a Spanish reporter and you could see him light up a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.