Yuzuru Hanyu on ESPN World Fame 100 list | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu on ESPN World Fame 100 list

Danibellerika

Medalist
Since Google trends were used, and stuff got deleted, here's Yuzuru's, from 2011 to 2018

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2011-09-01 2018-05-25&q=/m/05b51vc

And just from Sochi season to today

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2013-09-01 2018-05-25&q=/m/05b51vc

It's great to see sustainability, which is basically what counts, long term and how he successfully harnessed and rode those waves, which made him the most popular figure skater in the world.
Considering there is no team to handle his brand, this is truly something. It's also making me kind of sorry he hasn't got one because the possibilities make me cry a little.

It's just part of his genius I guess. But someone like him, I think he can be marketable for years to come if he chooses to be, like well after retiring. Though if he gets savvier about it he can collect a lot for himself without having to split anything with a middle man (some actors in hollywood have been turning to that lately). That actually might be a benefit he gets now for the endorsements he already has. Quality over quantity, well it's gotten him that far in his skating, right? :biggrin:;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since Google trends were used, and stuff got deleted, here's Yuzuru's, from 2011 to 2018

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2011-09-01 2018-05-25&q=/m/05b51vc

And just from Sochi season to today

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2013-09-01 2018-05-25&q=/m/05b51vc

It's great to see sustainability, which is basically what counts, long term and how he successfully harnessed and rode those waves, which made him the most popular figure skater in the world.
Considering there is no team to handle his brand, this is truly something. It's also making me kind of sorry he hasn't got one because the possibilities make me cry a little.

I don't know... he seems to have a good grip on the level of fame he want to cope with and how to handle it. I don't think that side of it means a lot of him - in fact, sometimes I think that getting PR and hiking it up further might actually be good for everyone else in the sport (bigger profile generally) but not for someone who clearly hoards the level of privacy he still has...

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Yuzuru received the People's award today from the hands of the prime minister himself! Congrats to him!

2FChannelNewsAsia%2Fstatus%2F1013670877634879488

I wanted to post this in the thread that was about this subject but it has disappeared

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzu fans have really had a feast for the last couple of months :)

emipeters

Rinkside
I wanted to post this in the thread that was about this subject but it has disappeared

I wondered why there wasn't a thread about this - any idea why it was disappeared? It's such a big deal, imagine a UK skater was given a knighthood and nobody in the skating fandom discussed it?

(I know there's discussion on Yuzu's FF, but it really surprises me that there is no general thread).

narcissa

Record Breaker
I wondered why there wasn't a thread about this - any idea why it was disappeared? It's such a big deal, imagine a UK skater was given a knighthood and nobody in the skating fandom discussed it?

(I know there's discussion on Yuzu's FF, but it really surprises me that there is no general thread).

Too many threads about Yuzu on this forum annoys people; this thread actually was moved to Le Cafe for a while.

emipeters

Rinkside
Too many threads about Yuzu on this forum annoys people; this thread actually was moved to Le Cafe for a while.

Is one thread now too many? I do wish skating fans would just grow up a bit - I'm guessing the average age of users on this board is what, 35? 40? And we still can't have a thread congratulating a skater on a remarkable achievement that will no doubt bring much-needed attention to a sport with a dwindling fan-base. Gosh.