moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to not see him and the rain of Poohs. But KEEGAN.:luv17:

Ducky

On the Ice
I hate to say this but good. Hanyu needs to start taking better care of himself if he wants to continue skating. I don't know if his goal is to see if he can make it to another Olympics or just land a quad axle but neither is going to be possible if he doesn't let his body heal from injuries.

From a skating fan perspective I'm sad I won't be able to see him compete in this GPF. As a Hanyu fan, I hope this allows him to come back as a better, healthier skater and we get to see him compete for a few more seasons.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'm so sad that Yuzuru won't be in the Final, but congratulations Keegan!

Hanyu should attend the GPF sitting in his Iron Throne like the king that he is.

Okay, apparently the Iron Throne is something from Game of Thrones, but since don't know what it looks like, I'm imagining him sitting on the Byzantine Emperor Theophilos's animatronic throne, and it is glorious. :laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzu, take the time to heal completely! :ghug: We'll miss you on the ice, but this needs to be your priority. That said, I'll miss the Pooh Bear showers on the ice. :sad4:

So excited for Keegan! :luv17:

century2009

On the Ice
This is really unfortunate, but health is important.

Excited for Keegan though! He will bring a different style to the event!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thinking of that hug between Yuzu and Keegan after the COR, when they were both in their own way hurting....

Okay, I love Shoma and Jun and Sergei, but I am now sending heaps of crossed finger karma to Keegan to do Canada and Yuzuru proud.

I am so relieved that he takes his health as the first priority. Even if everyone is not agreed that he is the GOAT, I think they agree that he is irreplaceable for the sport.

From a Hanyu fan viewpoint as long as he graces the competitions with his presence from time to time it's good even if it's just one or two competition per year. It's not important what competition it is because he will give once in a lifetime performance in every event. It's not about the competition presenting a medal to him, it's about him presenting that competition to the world.

And, I so agree with the KING on the THRONE, nodding to the participants :laugh2:

Ulrica

On the Ice
I am so relieved that he takes his health as the first priority. Even if everyone is not agreed that he is the GOAT, I think they agree that he is irreplaceable for the sport.

From a Hanyu fan viewpoint as long as he graces the competitions with his presence from time to time it's good even if it's just one or two competition per year. It's not important what competition it is because he will give once in a lifetime performance in every event. It's not about the competition presenting a medal to him, it's about him presenting that competition to the world.

And, I so agree with the KING on the THRONE, nodding to the participants :laugh2:

He has transcended the sport at this point, any competition would be honored to have him.

Casual

On the Ice
I am so pissed he did not withdraw from Rostelecom LP! It was madness, skating after injury. (It was ill advised to go there in the first place, but whatever.)

I hope he gives himself enough time to heal. I'd rather miss seeing him this whole year, than have him retire sooner because of poorly attended injuries.

I am so pissed he did not withdraw from Rostelecom LP! It was madness, skating after injury. (It was ill advised to go there in the first place, but whatever.)

I hope he gives himself enough time to heal. I'd rather miss seeing him this whole year, than have him retire sooner because of poorly attended injuries.

I so agree with your second sentence :agree: but not the first one. When we watch him, I and the beloved husband, we say to each other "He performs like this is his last performance, like this is his last legacy". We are so much older than him but we try to learn it from him. There is 0, I repeat 0, guarantee that we would live beyond this very second that we are breathing. Any second can be our last chance. So, the fact that he is doing whatever he wants with that all-the-time last second is so admiring in my eyes. If he wants to compete he does so regardless of any risk, and if he wants to take a break he does so regardless of any other consideration.

That's of course my personal opinion and it can be totally wrong from another person's viewpoint; I hope it does not come across like an arrogant statement :)