Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 268 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have ordered my DVDs - through HMV (I usually go to them or CDJapan because both are easy to order from Australia and have been reliable). My birthday present to me!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oh, and I forgot to mention the "Credits Video" has reached 1 mln views :love: in appx. 2 weeks, I think. Congratulations!!!

Sassanqua, by SEKAI no OWARI, has reached 2 million views! A warning though: between 2min20 and 2min45 of this video, on the right third of the screen, there are pictures and video extracts of the 2014 Cup of China accident, starting with the crash, and ending with his entering the rink to compete with determination. It can be very hard to watch, when I don't feel equal to watch this part I place my hand on the right third of the screen to see just Yuzuru Hanyu skating to Sassanqua:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMP3OAIMFAM

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I have ordered my DVDs - through HMV (I usually go to them or CDJapan because both are easy to order from Australia and have been reliable). My birthday present to me!
Happy birthday!
I have also a good experience with CDJapan, but only with books. I confess that I haven't ordered the Notte Stellata 2023 DVDs yet, because I wonder if there are custom taxes different from books? I have read that in some countries, overzealous custom officers would tax magazines as common merchandise, so DVDs... Does anyone have experience on this matter?

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today May 2d is the Paper Cup Day in Japan, because of the similarity in sound with 5/2, and, people say, because many paper cups are used during the Golden Week. This reminded NekoMasamune about Real Face, Yuzuru Hanyu's program (collaboration with Shikao Suga) during Fantasy on Ice 2022 Tour A:
https://twitter.com/nekomasamunecom/status/1785685860798910676?ref_url=

Here's the program itself:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I don't have the original post, Satomi Ito has posted a close-up video of the gorgeous wisteria costume she did for Yuzuru Hanyu, at once as a try for a Ten to Chi to costume, but it wasn't agreed (I love the Ten to Chi to costumes she did later!), but Yuzuru Hanyu used it for recording White Legend and Hana ni Nare in August 2021; as she's added a belt, many fans have a secret hope that Yuzuru Hanyu may skate again with it:
https://twitter.com/Grandprixoli/status/1785634283714929070?ref_url=

Here's White Legend:

Here's the link to White Legend, which TallyT had posted nearly three years ago:

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Remember the stunning AERA photoshoot from last summer? The famous Red Magma photos and some others go on display again this weekend in one of the main Tokyo bookstores. Clearly, AERA does not want to be overshadowed by the new GQ Gucci shoot (and their planned exhibition in the Gucci Gallery in Tokyo) :) This is actually great news. Good for Yuzu, good for fans! Good for AERA I guess, and in no way hurting to GQ and their plans. Everybody wins!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't have the original post, Satomi Ito has posted a close-up video of the gorgeous wisteria costume she did for Yuzuru Hanyu, at once as a try for a Ten to Chi to costume, but it wasn't agreed (I love the Ten to Chi to costumes she did later!), but Yuzuru Hanyu used it for recording White Legend and Hana ni Nare in August 2021; as she's added a belt, many fans have a secret hope that Yuzuru Hanyu may skate again with it:
https://twitter.com/Grandprixoli/status/1785634283714929070?ref_url=

Here's White Legend:

Here's the link to White Legend, which TallyT had posted nearly three years ago:

That wisteria costume was amaaazing. We are collecting quite a few now, both skating and other, that we desperately want to see him wear again.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Japanese TV channels know what to broadcast to please their viewers during the Golden Week!
In Japan, Golden Week is really a prime TV moment, and to see that Yuzuru Hanyu has behind-the-scenes broadcast at prime time to end the week, and again on the return day, tells a lot in my opinion.