Yuzu's Quad Loop...again. | Golden Skate

Yuzu's Quad Loop...again.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Very impressive.

I know Hanyu is planning to add a third quad in his LP next season, but is it going to be a second 4T/4S, or something new like a 4Lo?

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Hopefully a 4Lo. Gotta milk that 3A and 3Lz for all they're worth.

I think he's planning on doing 4T, 4T+2T, and 4S. Unless something changes. Even for his planned three-quad program this season (before CoC), the third quad wasn't the loop.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
This is actually a bigger deal if landed in competition than a 3A in ladies. :love: Very impressive, but I hope this doesn't turn into a jump contest...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is actually a bigger deal if landed in competition than a 3A in ladies. :love: Very impressive, but I hope this doesn't turn into a jump contest...

Well Hanyu is lucky he is not Korean. Otherwise ISU may have to limit maximum 2 quads in the FS lol....

Seriously... This guy is unstoppable when healthy. Will Patrick able to stop him? If I am plushy, I'd give up now.

Rissa

Record Breaker
It's not worth points wise

People always say that combinations should be awarded more. I wonder if adding 10% of the value to jumps in combinations and not detracting points from sequences (or even adding something) would change the situation. It would be interesting to see a sequence of 4 doubles for example.

Seriously... This guy is unstoppable when healthy. Will Patrick able to stop him? If I am plushy, I'd give up now.

Well, even when healthy, jumping a 4lo in competition is quite different than in exhbition and out of a program. :laugh: Besides, apparently he's not adding it to his repertoire next season, so he's not yet turning into such an runaway freight train yet... (Honestly, I'm wondering whether Patrick doesn't regret sitting this season out, because he probably would have had a great chance to take all those medals with Hanyu constantly in and out of hospital.)

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Has anyone ever landed a 4loop in competition yet?

No, nobody managed to get the 4Lo ratified even though there are guys who practise it (I have a feeling Max Aaron did) or even attepted it (Kevin Reynolds for example).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It is not just the 4loop, but how the heck did he manage to attach a 3 Axel at the end of it so easily despite little speed and a wobbled landing. :jaw:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
It is not just the 4loop, but how the heck did he manage to attach a 3 Axel at the end of it so easily despite little speed and a wobbled landing. :jaw:

Master of the triple Axels! Hey, he can even do them from standstill.