Zijun Li has retired | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Zijun Li has retired

Eclair

Medalist
@Eclair I am also gutted that Zijun could not even have a proper retirement, especially inside of China.

No matter what, Zijun earned his fans (at least here on this board), earned his reputation and status in figure skating. through years of hard work representing China and figure skating, through one and another great performances (as linked by fans in this thread).

I hope Zijun can stand up again in her future journey.

Remember, the purest ice will always be welcoming and accommodating, whenever you find your love, peace and happiness of skating again.

what do you mean with 'proper retirement'? I thought she did the paperwork and that's it?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
what do you mean with 'proper retirement'? I thought she did the paperwork and that's it?

a proper retirement means, like everyone other skater's retirement, they retired on their own terms and with the blessing of their fans.

it does not refer to any paper work. Her paper work is complete.

What I mean is what you have seen on social media in China, even in her retirement, those mean comments... it is unbearable.

But I am glad to see that still more than half of comments is giving her good wishes.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Such a beautiful skater who represented China with elegance and grace :) Wishing her all the best as she moves forward with her life!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
That's very sad. I will miss her a lot. I agree it was not an expected retirement so it makes it more painful.

charmblade

Final Flight
What a beautiful skater who was habitually underscored on PCS. Zijun, we will miss your artistry and lyricism.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
A kind fan has posted Zijun Li's last performance with the 'east of Eden' SP intended for this season :luv17::luv17::love: in HD and good quality!!

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4151234564318812

the beginning is :love::love::love:

Watching this program just makes me miss Zijun even more. She has a unique ethereal quality on ice where she flows like a feather. She also has the best artistry among all Chinese ladies and I don't get why it is not rewarded, watching her is comfortable and interesting. Her jumps are nice and actually are better after going to Mishin. Too bad it is not appreciated, I guess she really lost a lot of momentum and motivation after last season. It's just...sad:cry:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
A kind fan has posted Zijun Li's last performance with the 'east of Eden' SP intended for this season :luv17::luv17::love: in HD and good quality!!

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4151234564318812

the beginning is :love::love::love:

It is fab... what an opportunity missed!! First time I have seen this program. Too bad judges don't seems to have the sensitivity to see beyond nationality and label these days.

Ballade88

On the Ice
:( Very sad to see this news. She had such promising talent but never could quite get that breakthrough as a competitor but I was hoping that she'd make a comeback.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9h39Bg6n-I

I will always remember her fondly. I don't know about how her federation feel, but at her last WC, she at least received a semi standing ovation. Japanese audiences knows their skating. Criminally rewarded PCS 49. (Consider 75 reward to Alina these days in a debut season as new Russia No1 with a junior program. The scoring really don't make sense anymore.)

Artistically, I do appreciate she had developed her own maturing Zi Jun 'flavour' type of programs over the years. Ethereal, charming, feminine. Only wish it could have lasted longer, to peak at elegance and graceful stage which she is capable of.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I've always had a spot in my figure skating loving heart for Zijun. First, as a fellow Yuna fan since Yuna is her figure skating idol, she also reminded me of her her skating when she had that amazing breakthrough at 2013 Worlds and everyone expected her to be the next thing, sadly it didn't happen. But now it's just pure appreciation of her beautiful skating, not perfect but hers. Her elegant style, music choices, one-handed Biellmann spin, dresses, just her subtle but charming skating. I will miss her but I wish her the best in the future, maybe she will stay in figure skating world, I would love her to.