2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30 | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30

knghcm

On the Ice
So, you were complaining about men imploding, but you think it's fun if the russian girls do that. How does this work? :laugh:

It's called rooting for the underdogs. I was rooting for Bychenko the whole time.

CutieP

On the Ice
But isn't it interesting to see the Russian ladies battling it out with each other. Or are the "Russian ladies" just considered to be just one lump of things instead of different individuals?

Eloyse

On the Ice
Well, I decided to not complain about Javier's PCS, but then I saw a judge gave him 9.75 for his SS. Seriously, you must be kidding me.

Alba

Record Breaker
Because priority goes like this: Stopping the evil Russians from sweeping the podium > clean, good performances.

Yeah, I was imaging something like that. But at least people could stop acting like all they care is to see good/clean skating. :rolleye:

Trewyn

Medalist
What a badly skated event, this Men's free. I watched with family, they were way underwhelmed as well and they kept being shocked every time someone fell. I see those falls coming a mile ahead but to them it's always a surprise. Javier is by far my favorite skater in the event, but he really underperformed.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Did anyone predict Bychenko for top 5 in the game? I had Brezina in 5th...maybe I jinxed him...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't remember that 4CC was ever better though....

4CC is hard to watch also to be honest. You won't see good skaters from the Ladies for instance until the last couple groups when the Japanese, American and Canadian ladies are up. But before then it's rough watching the earlier groups.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, I decided to not complain about Javier's PCS, but then I saw a judge gave him 9.75 for his SS. Seriously, you must be kidding me.

That judge gave him four 9.75s and one 9.50. Javi got 24 PCS in the 9's out of 45. I love Javi but can't help :rolleye:

QuadThrow

Medalist
What a badly skated event, this Men's free. I watched with family, they were way underwhelmed as well and they kept being shocked every time someone fell. I see those falls coming a mile ahead but to them it's always a surprise. Javier is by far my favorite skater in the event, but he really underperformed.

Seems that the competitors are really skating on their upper limit. Many falls on the Quads and problems with physically fitness at the end of the programme. The same problemes have been in sochi 14, too.

It makes the contest really suspensive, but the artistry is palpable missing. Maybe the skaters will decrease the difficulty of their programmes a little bit through the next years.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Did anyone predict Bychenko for top 5 in the game? I had Brezina in 5th...maybe I jinxed him...

I wanted to at first! But then I decided I didn't want to jinx him... IMO, his LP was the skate of the night (sorry Javi!) and he was so funny watching the other guys skates. Bychenko was the only good thing about this.

Javi was the right one to win, and I love him, but his FS was pretty underwhelming. Too bad for Voronov, he is such a cool guy, I wished he could have gotten the silver :no:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I appreciate the last few pages of commentary.

It has saved me the bother of hunting up YouTube videos.

It just doesn't sound as though it's worth the bother.

Caustica

Final Flight
I appreciate the last few pages of commentary.

It has saved me the bother of hunting up YouTube videos.

It just doesn't sound as though it's worth the bother.

You're right, it's not. It was a depressing Men's FS (surprise surprise).

Alba

Record Breaker
Seems that the competitors are really skating on their upper limit. Many falls on the Quads and problems with physically fitness at the end of the programme. The same problemes have been in sochi 14, too.

I don't think the problem is the quad, honestly. The majority of failed jumps are triples, most of the times.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
I swear that Russian National is much better than this. What's up with the men today? Many of them skated at CoR and they did so well.

Javi, Sergei and Maxim are likely hammered after doing GPF and Nationals. So by the time they get to Europeans they haven't had much time to rest and regroup.

Rough skates by many of the men, but I don't understand all the negativity.

Last edited: