Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 742 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Here is a link to my latest blog entry. When we watch Yuzu's programs (competitive and ice shows), they are usually under 5 minutes. It's easy to forget that it has taken years and years of hard work to get there. I compiled a few of my favourite "fall" pictures that remind me how hard it is to get there….but Yuzu keeps getting back up again and again. Never quit!!

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/yuzuru-hanyu-hard-work-and-spectacular-falls/

Thank you for uploading new article:clap:. Reading your insightful view as an ex competitive skater is really interesting. I can’t imagine how considerable amount of practice and practice is needed for him to reach the point where he can make his programs look so easy.:hopelessness:

Yeah, yuzu's fall is something painful to watch as well as is sometimes spectacle. In his practice, his arms and legs are all over the place when he falls, as you said. You, who really know the fear and pain of falling describe about his falls with respect and love for him. It is impressive. How hard it is mastering a new skill and brushing up on it… I’m proud that yuzu is the kind of person who is not a quiter and willing to try again and again. His achievements are indeed amazing, but above all, his character is truly what makes me love him:).

(Further, would you please teach him how to rest and limit to 20 times of quad instead of 40 as you wrote before?:hopelessness:…Like your guys, I just pray for his health:cry:).

Last edited:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
WOW 1500!! You guys are awesome! :shocked:

I just want to share a happy moment yesterday when my father watch Yuzuru's videos with me accidentally. At first he said he's not interested in figure skating and do other stuff but slowly he's drawn to the screen and by the time I play Yuzuru's Sochi world record short program he suddenly ask "Is this Olympic?" I said yeah and he was so shocked at how young he is and by then watch the videos attentively. Also I told him that he's the gold medalist to which he replied by asking me SERIOUSLY??! XD

My father is a fan of many sports but none of it is winter sports but he commented when watching Yuzuru's that his jumps looks so soft and easy like a good diver did when they hit the water and there's barely any splash and that his body position in the air is also the same like a diver that they were this one aligned lines, perfect form he called it. He said the skater before this has quite wobbly air position. (Note that before Yuzuru's short program I was playing Patrick Chan's short program)

Also he was soooo impressed by Yuzuru's speed and keep saying over and over again "Woah this kid is so fast! He's so confident! He's miles ahead!" and "Uh! Easy! So easy!" at Yuzuru's 3lutz,3toe. Needless to say he was doing some work before that but totally stop as he watches Yuzuru skate.:laugh:

In the end I ask him what do you think? He said... "He's only 20? How many Olympic gold medal did he aim to win?" :biggrin:

So that's the story. I was grinning the whole time he's asking question because my dad who is in his late 50s and never watch any figure skating in his life before but a very ardent sports fan (tennis, football, cricket, badminton etc. you named it) became so intrigued with Yuzuru's skate and even manage to notice some important points about Yuzuru's specialty. :biggrin:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I just want to share a happy moment yesterday when my father watch Yuzuru's videos with me accidentally.

thank you for sharing such a heart warming story. Welcome to yuzu fanclub for your father!:biggrin: Yuzu is special.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for sharing the story ranran! i love how your dad compared swimming and FS and what he says makes total sense!! i cant imagine my dad watching fs, but when i showed his olympic SP to my little bro he said similar things, that he looks so cool and relaxed :laugh:

ahkeekee

Medalist
WOW 1500!! You guys are awesome! :shocked:

I just want to share a happy moment yesterday when my father watch Yuzuru's videos with me accidentally.

Similar things happened with my mum, who was never interested in any sports in particular and happened to watch yuzu's video recommended by YouTube (cause I was watching videos of Yuzu with her computer ) and she is instantly very impressed with his talent upon knowing that he's as old as I am, she's impressed furthermore when I showed her yuzu's free skate at nice!!!

thanks for sharing your story with us and let's hope that this will be the start of his interest in yuzu and the world of fs:biggrin:

all my father noticed from glancing at me watching Yuzu's videos was the costume which he thought was unusual lols

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
all my father noticed from glancing at me watching Yuzu's videos was the costume which he thought was unusual lols

I can imagine your father's reaction about the costume supposed to be unusual to him:drama:

When it comes to his costume, i guess we can see his new costume for EX at the weekend show of Makuhari FaOI. Last year, he had the new costume (this https://www.facebook.com/1581188472...828.1581188472096896/1616438885238521/?type=1) for the first time at Makuhari FaOI held after his retrum from toront! This year, how will it be?:laugh:

Last edited:

ahkeekee

Medalist
I can imagine your father's reaction about the costume supposed to be unusual to him:drama:

When it comes to his costume, i guess we can see his new costume for EX at the weekend show of Makuhari FaOI. Last year, he had the new costume (this https://www.facebook.com/1581188472...828.1581188472096896/1616438885238521/?type=1) for the first time at Makuhari FaOI held after his retrum from toront! This year, how will it be?:laugh:

Yes!!!! My dad told me he thought I was watching the ladies (when all the time I was watching yuzu ) because of his costume, hahas!!