Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 743 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Oh my! our boy is so random.....a new dance move :biggrin:.

New video, look at him in his own world...is he skating to the music from the music player?

Edit: That snippet in the tweet is him skating at 3:22min in the video , he was actually skating to Jason's cotton eyed joe with lasso and all. You can hear the ladies squealing in the video. We need gif with music please :yes:. Lol Misha dancing with Pooh at the end :laugh2:

How about a cowboy exhibition :p?

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's amazing how you did knit the chinese characters and the picture of Pooh so well:shocked: You are a master at knitting! I hope yuzu will go to SA!

Haha, very much so:biggrin:

Yeah I had to first doodle it in pencil in the notebook so I could try to see how I was going to do it. It was actually easier planning that out than planning the Winnie the Pooh design.

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
thank you for sharing such a heart warming story. Welcome to yuzu fanclub for your father!:biggrin: Yuzu is special.

Hahaha I'll be sure to deliver wish to him :laugh: He is! That reminds me another thing that my father said at the end when he just finished his program! He said "He really has that aura like Micheal Jackson" I'm like oh wow XD

thanks for sharing the story ranran! i love how your dad compared swimming and FS and what he says makes total sense!! i cant imagine my dad watching fs, but when i showed his olympic SP to my little bro he said similar things, that he looks so cool and relaxed :laugh:

Yeah! I love that comparison as well! My father loves diving so I always watch it with him and I can totally relate with what he sees. When the slow motion replay was played he again points out at Yuzuru's landing how soft his blade seems when he hits the ice... and he pointed it out excitedly too XD Before this I never thought my dad will even bother to look at FS XD

Similar things happened with my mum, who was never interested in any sports in particular and happened to watch yuzu's video recommended by YouTube (cause I was watching videos of Yuzu with her computer ) and she is instantly very impressed with his talent upon knowing that he's as old as I am, she's impressed furthermore when I showed her yuzu's free skate at nice!!!

thanks for sharing your story with us and let's hope that this will be the start of his interest in yuzu and the world of fs:biggrin:

all my father noticed from glancing at me watching Yuzu's videos was the costume which he thought was unusual lols

I am all for promoting FS to my family as its such a beautiful sport and starting with Yuzuru seems to be a good start so far xD

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Yeah I had to first doodle it in pencil in the notebook so I could try to see how I was going to do it. It was actually easier planning that out than planning the Winnie the Pooh design.

Cheerknithanson awesome work! I wish I have such patience and talent!

AND I really want to ask you if you're a fan of Hanson based on your username.... I have asked before but I'm sure you missed it as it was lost in these 1500+ posts :laugh2:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cheerknithanson awesome work! I wish I have such patience and talent!

AND I really want to ask you if you're a fan of Hanson based on your username.... I have asked before but I'm sure you missed it as it was lost in these 1500+ posts :laugh2:

Why yes I am! Hanson is my favorite band and artists! I've been a fan for about 3 1/2 years so far and I've seen them perform 3 times and hopefully some time in October of this year year will be the 4th time! :)

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Why yes I am! Hanson is my favorite band and artists! I've been a fan for about 3 1/2 years so far and I've seen them perform 3 times and hopefully some time in October of this year year will be the 4th time! :)

AWESOME! I've been a Hanson fan since 1997 and I never get to see them (I lives in Southeast Asia :cry:) nowadays its hard to find their fan so I'm excited to see one! Hullo there :D

Well I better stop here as it will crowded this already crowded posts with unrelated topic to Yuzuru but nice to meet you! :D

owl

On the Ice

New video, look at him in his own world...is he skating to the music from the music player?

Edit: That snippet in the tweet is him skating at 3:22min in the video , he was actually skating to Jason's cotton eyed joe with lasso and all. You can hear the ladies squealing in the video. We need gif with music please :yes:. Lol Misha dancing with Pooh at the end :laugh2:

:laugh: I would actually love if he had choreography similar to his dancing in the first link. I feel like it could really get the audience into his program

And because I'm from Texas, it would be so entertaining/amusing if he did a cowboy EX hahahah

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

:laugh: Adorable.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AWESOME! I've been a Hanson fan since 1997 and I never get to see them (I lives in Southeast Asia :cry:) nowadays its hard to find their fan so I'm excited to see one! Hullo there :D

Well I better stop here as it will crowded this already crowded posts with unrelated topic to Yuzuru but nice to meet you! :D

Yay!!! :D I'm definitely considered one of the "younger" fans due to that I was born in 1995. In fact their album "Anthem" was released in the USA and Canada on my 18th birthday! And I graduated high school that same day. It was the best birthday ever!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations the hat looks really nice. Yuzuru will look beautiful with this hat. I hope he will go to Skate America in October or November and you will give him the hat. For sure he will be happy to receive your gift. You are very talented with knitting. Good luck for summer class.

Thank you very much! I hope so too! :D 22 days until we find out!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yes!!!! My dad told me he thought I was watching the ladies (when all the time I was watching yuzu ) because of his costume, hahas!!

Ladies..:laugh2:

Oh my! our boy is so random.....a new dance move

Yuzu was catching the music and moving his body with it spontaneously!:biggrin: He really is a good dancer…
What’s more, he was shaking his head to the rhythm even while blowing his nose, at the last part of the video. So cute!

Hahaha I'll be sure to deliver wish to him :laugh: He is! That reminds me another thing that my father said at the end when he just finished his program! He said "He really has that aura like Micheal Jackson" I'm like oh wow XD

Yuzu having aura like Micheal Jackson is one of the best complements for yuzu, isn’t it?:) Especially to whom know Micheal Jackson well.

You are a good painter! Your Pooh is well designed!:dance:

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
But you know, while I can imagine Jason doing "The Final Time Traveler" exhibition program of Yuzuru, my mind boggles at Yuzuru doing "Cotton Eye Joe."

[Edit: That snippet in the tweet is him skating at 3:22min in the video, he was actually skating to Jason's cotton eyed joe with lasso and all. You can hear the ladies squealing in the video.

OK my mind just boggled. :laugh:

I was reminded of another quadmeister, Boyang Jin, there.

He did not fear of falling from the very first time getting on the ice. His first coach said so in an article. Most of children who get on the ice for the first time start crying from fear, or cannot take their hands off from the rink side bar. But Yuzuru just dashed on the ice, and of course he fell, but got up and laughed, and dashed again and fell again. He never feared, just enjoying the skating.

I think that's part of his appeal: the fearlessness and lack of hesitation in his jumps, and of course getting up and jumping again after a fall. That is why I wasn't surprised in the WTT gala that after he had fallen on the quad loop, he made another stab at it and that time succeeded.

Quoting one of the earliest posts in this thread:

...The thing I appreciate the most is Hanyu hardly ever dumb down his program in an almost naive and optimistic way. Given the type of crazy difficult content he has, his personal situations (asthma and stamina issues) he appears to be refreshingly uncalculated and his natural demeanour is going for broke 100% of the time. And if he is on fire, you might get 110% performance out of him as if is the last performance he will ever give.

He rarely ever hesitate before his big elements, and I am always surprised to see how a major fall would really appear to shook him up as if he couldn't believe it (and refuse to believe it), only to find him coming back with an even bigger jump to prove and reassures himself. May be there's some Samurai spirit in this young one!

And his own coach Tracy Wilson said this of him: " I remember when I first met Yuzuru, he would always go headfirst into all the challenging elements (laughs). His actions don’t go through any form of thought process, and are done with blind belief and hope, which I don’t think is a bad thing. When I acted as a commentator at Worlds 2012, I had said that 'When Yuzuru is on, his jumps are sensational, and when he’s off, his falls are spectacular.' ...His greatest strength is his ability to weave together his movements with his emotions. For example, when you see his triple axel, you can also feel that he takes off on the jump fully believing that he will land it, as if he enters the jump without any hesitation whatsoever. I think that this is the most enticing part of figure skating." (http://311mi.tumblr.com/post/96411335613/yuzuru-can-improve-even-more-tracy-wilson)

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
OK my mind just boggled. :laugh:

I was reminded of another quadmeister, Boyang Jin, there.

I think that's part of his appeal: the fearlessness and lack of hesitation in his jumps, and of course getting up and jumping again after a fall. That is why I wasn't surprised in the WTT gala that after he had fallen on the quad loop, he made another stab at it and that time succeeded.

And his own coach Tracy Wilson said this of him: " I remember when I first met Yuzuru, he would always go headfirst into all the challenging elements (laughs). His actions don’t go through any form of thought process, and are done with blind belief and hope, which I don’t think is a bad thing. When I acted as a commentator at Worlds 2012, I had said that 'When Yuzuru is on, his jumps are sensational, and when he’s off, his falls are spectacular.' ...His greatest strength is his ability to weave together his movements with his emotions. For example, when you see his triple axel, you can also feel that he takes off on the jump fully believing that he will land it, as if he enters the jump without any hesitation whatsoever. I think that this is the most enticing part of figure skating." (http://311mi.tumblr.com/post/96411335613/yuzuru-can-improve-even-more-tracy-wilson)

I agree with this entirely. What drew me into Yuzu's skating were not the jumps themselves, many skaters are good jumpers. It was the abandonment towards them and the emotion he puts even into the most technical elements. He has that raw passion rare to see nowadays in Figire Skating.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I think that's part of his appeal: the fearlessness and lack of hesitation in his jumps, and of course getting up and jumping again after a fall. That is why I wasn't surprised in the WTT gala that after he had fallen on the quad loop, he made another stab at it and that time succeeded. .

At the same time, it gives him an edge over other rivals, I think. He’s appeared to be a real fighter without the feelings of fear, which might has a huge impact on them.

I agree with this entirely. What drew me into Yuzu's skating were not the jumps themselves, many skaters are good jumpers. It was the abandonment towards them and the emotion he puts even into the most technical elements. He has that raw passion rare to see nowadays in Figire Skating.

Yes, that is supposed to be one of the points which makes him special. He pours tremendous emotion into every element, even if it was difficult technically. So we are getting into his performance.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I was just thinking about a tweet I had read before. It talked about the LP music for Sochi Olympic season, which was much more important than other seasons. The tweet said that “Carmina Burana” and “Romeo and Juliet” were on their short list when yuzu and his team were trying to decide it (I’m not sure if the tweet was true..). Does yuzu love “Carmina Burana”?

Do you think there is any possibility that yuzu will use “Carmina Burana” in 2018 Olympic season, or want to see him show “Carmina Burana”? (On one hand “Carmina Burana” is magnificent and dramatic music which is suited for Olympic. On the other hand it is so popular that it’s got some great performance like the one by French Ice dance couple Anissina&Peizerat..).

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Earthquake 5.6 magnitude near Tokyo (off the northern part of Saitama Prefecture) at 2.28pm Japan time. Hope everyone in Japan within surrounding area is safe.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Earthquake 5.6 magnitude near Tokyo (off the northern part of Saitama Prefecture) at 2.28pm Japan time. Hope everyone in Japan within surrounding area is safe.

Thank you for concern, alia jackson. The news reported that the earthquake hasn't caused Tsunami. I felt rather strong shake at my workplace, which was fearful. But I’m OK. I hope others so and there’s no damage on area the earthquake hit.

P.S.Yuzu’s come back to Japan? I’m worried about him thinking that he happened to be around the earthquake area and had it.

Last edited: