Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 744 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

ahkeekee

Medalist
Thank you for concern, alia jackson. The news reported that the earthquake hasn't caused Tsunami. I felt rather strong shake at my workplace, which was fearful. But I’m OK. I hope others so and there’s no damage on area the earthquake hit.

P.S.Yuzu’s come back to Japan? I’m worried about him thinking that he happened to be around the earthquake area and had it.

Glad to hear that you're alright!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yuzu is in Japan now. Some one saw him in Japanese airport yesterday.

thanks for update and welcome to forum!!
also i hope everyone is okay in Japan :):cheer:
and about Carmina Burana, i think it could be epic!

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I was just thinking about a tweet I had read before. It talked about the LP music for Sochi Olympic season, which was much more important than other seasons. The tweet said that “Carmina Burana” and “Romeo and Juliet” were on their short list when yuzu and his team were trying to decide it (I’m not sure if the tweet was true..). Does yuzu love “Carmina Burana”?

Do you think there is any possibility that yuzu will use “Carmina Burana” in 2018 Olympic season, or want to see him show “Carmina Burana”? (On one hand “Carmina Burana” is magnificent and dramatic music which is suited for Olympic. On the other hand it is so popular that it’s got some great performance like the one by French Ice dance couple Anissina&Peizerat..).

IIRC, David Wilson gave Yuzuru a choice between "Carmina Burana" and "Romeo and Juliet" for his music for his FP in the Olympic season, and Yuzuru chose the latter while being open to the possibility of using "Carmina Burana" for another season. If David Wilson choreographs for him again, we might see him skate to CB. Definitely I don't think Yuzuru loves CB as he loves POTO. ;)

But certainly there are those who think this big and dramatic musical piece suits Yuzuru: two Yuzuru videos set to "Carmina Burana": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRX643cGM0 (uploaded by Ana @WhateverHime using video originally uploaded by Sugar Autumn) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinN-eKjN4M (uploaded by Wing 2014).

On another matter, glad to know you are safe. Praying everyone else in Japan, including Pamina, is OK. Hope there are no aftershocks.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
I was just thinking about a tweet I had read before. It talked about the LP music for Sochi Olympic season, which was much more important than other seasons. The tweet said that “Carmina Burana” and “Romeo and Juliet” were on their short list when yuzu and his team were trying to decide it (I’m not sure if the tweet was true..). Does yuzu love “Carmina Burana”?

Do you think there is any possibility that yuzu will use “Carmina Burana” in 2018 Olympic season, or want to see him show “Carmina Burana”? (On one hand “Carmina Burana” is magnificent and dramatic music which is suited for Olympic. On the other hand it is so popular that it’s got some great performance like the one by French Ice dance couple Anissina&Peizerat..).

I remember seeing somewhere that yuzu doesn't like CB at all and ruled it out immediately. But what is for sure if that yuzu chose RJ over CB.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I remember seeing somewhere that yuzu doesn't like CB at all and ruled it out immediately. But what is for sure if that yuzu chose RJ over CB.

Really? I remember reading that Yuzu wanted CB for the 2012-2013 season but David suggested Notre Dame instead. So it happened to be Notre Dame program. In Olympic season he wanted to do POTO but Brian denied it and suggested RJ.

skatefan22

Medalist
Really? I remember reading that Yuzu wanted CB for the 2012-2013 season but David suggested Notre Dame instead. So it happened to be Notre Dame program. In Olympic season he wanted to do POTO but Brian denied it and suggested RJ.

Isn't the one he wanted for season 12-13 POTO? He suggested POTO again for the Olympics.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Not sure about Yuzuru ruling CB out immediately because I remember reading the choice for his music for his Olympic FP was shortlisted or narrowed down to CB and R & J so he must have considered rather than flatly rejected CB. In any case, there was an instance he skated to music he didn't particularly like but did so because it was his coach's choice (his 2010-2011 LP "Zigeunerweisen"). I believe though for Yuzuru to skate his best, he must have affinity to the music he's skating to. And it seems to me his musical taste is, like his skating, also evolving. His Chopin SP is proof of that.

yhmafan

Medalist
Welcome.

Yuzu is in Japan now. Some one saw him in Japanese airport yesterday.

She tweeted that Yuzuru (she thinks he was Yuzuru) was taller than she thought he was and his walking figure was beautiful. :eek::
He was wearing black cap and black-rimmed glasses and he bowed to the staff at the airport, she also thought what a nice boy he was. :love:

Thanks everyone, I am ok :)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Page 1501 - 1510

News
ANA news translated by Echo Cheng from FB group: "Annual "Lily-of-the-valley Event" held by ANA Group will kick off on 3rd June. This year is 60th anniversary. ANA's cabin crews will visit the 47 local Red Cross hospitals nationwide to blessing the patients with these flowers and an especial bookmarks pack. This bookmark pack is designed by ANA staff on cover. As one of ANA affiliated athletes, Yuzu wrote a blessing message on the back of the bookmark."

Translation of Yuzu's message on the bookmark " I’d be honoured if the happiness that Lily of the valley brings can be an encouragement to your heart”. Credit http://yuzuland.tumblr.com.

Fanart of the news ---> "Lily of the Valley flower purity, love and beauty. Paganini's 15-year-old ♡" as one fan posted

Articles, Interviews & Translations
I think that's part of his appeal: the fearlessness and lack of hesitation in his jumps, and of course getting up and jumping again after a fall. That is why I wasn't surprised in the WTT gala that after he had fallen on the quad loop, he made another stab at it and that time succeeded.

And his own coach Tracy Wilson said this of him: "I remember when I first met Yuzuru, he would always go headfirst into all the challenging elements (laughs). His actions don’t go through any form of thought process, and are done with blind belief and hope, which I don’t think is a bad thing. When I acted as a commentator at Worlds 2012, I had said that 'When Yuzuru is on, his jumps are sensational, and when he’s off, his falls are spectacular.' ...His greatest strength is his ability to weave together his movements with his emotions. For example, when you see his triple axel, you can also feel that he takes off on the jump fully believing that he will land it, as if he enters the jump without any hesitation whatsoever. I think that this is the most enticing part of figure skating." - http://311mi.tumblr.com/post/96411335613/yuzuru-can-improve-even-more-tracy-wilson

Video

First time I'm seeing these clips #1, #2. Anyone knows when these interviews took place?

It was after World 2012. Not sure which month (probably March/April), but if I recall correctly, it was local news interviewing him.

A video after 2015WTT http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n9s6r_2015-04-20-エヴリ_sport. Yuzu explained about his 4S image training of every night and every morning.

What program was Yuzu practicing here? Love the spread eagle.

Here's the full video of that practice with the spread eagle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpORfU0X5T4

Two Yuzuru videos set to "Carmina Burana":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRX643cGM0 (uploaded by Ana @WhateverHime using video originally uploaded by Sugar Autumn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinN-eKjN4M (uploaded by Wing 2014).

Photos and Others

OMG OMG total S and M relationship! http://ameblo.jp/kenjimiyamoto/entry-12031761718.html

The pose/photo even made it into Yahoo news.

A rough translation of the article:

Today, the choreographer Miyamoto uploaded Hanyu’s “Kabedon” picture with Oda on his blog. It’s caused something sensational. That ice prince did that “Kabedon”! There would be tons of girls who want to be done “Kabedon” by Hanyu. Who was that in such an envious position? It was that Oda! In the picture, they stared at each other in different facial expression with each other, Hanyu’s is serious, and oppositely Oda’s is a bit funny.

In addition, this picture has a touch of dramatic, which is a former figure skater Akiko Suzuki looked at both from behind. Fans commented enthusiastically like this,” What a direction!” “ I wish I were Oda!” “Actually I had the kind of dream that yuzuru did “Kabedon”.Now it became real.”

Fans' comments are:
"What a farce they are creating :laugh:"
"Oda-kuuun, give up that position for me please!!!"
"My daydream....has now come true :love:"

After all, "Kabe-don" by a man like Yuzuru may be all girls (I dare to say girls!) dream. Because his love confession should follow!!

Don't forget his sing sing sing's hat
This is my image of him wearing a black hat and black-rimmed glasses.

A girl who met yuzu in the grocery and someone in the fb group shared THIS!! a short clip taken somehow before the pic was taken!!!

These are SO adorable! Headphone jack stoppers Yuzu edition!! 2 3 4 Cr.

Yuzuru's POTO.2 costume - Dipped strawberries version!!

Yuzuru   He’s so cute.

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Jason Brown's segment for japanese TV ( 'Why did you come to Japan?' show) where he talks a bit about Hanyu. Very sweet :biggrin:

Love both Yuzuru and Jason! It's great to hear how highly Jason thinks of Yuzuru, and Yuzuru of course years before Riverdance knew Jason is special and likened him to Patrick Chan in his book Blue Flame.

I was a little surprised the interviewer apparently didn't know who Jason was when he approached the latter. Anyway good, no great choice for an interview. And I must say Kori looks so pretty and young even without make up. :)

Thanks for sharing!