Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 267 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker
A story of one of GQ photos translated from the interview and posted on his/her Insta by Pep_On_(@wintek_eastsky). Thank you !:thank:
As it turns out, after talking to the photographer and inspecting the prepared "stage", Yuzu himself chose music from his smartphone {"Aqua" by late Ryuichi Sakamoto), turned it on and started to move slowly in a dance-like trance thinking of it as a prayer-like ritual. The story makes the pic even more strikingly beautiful! And Yuzu modelling is becoming an art in itself with every photoshoot. It also allows us to peek into the background of these photoshoots even more than the BTS vids, awesome and cool as they are. So inspired and inspiring!

And here's the link to Aqua by Ryuichi Sakamoto, the music Yuzu selected and danced to for this photo.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He really photographs like a dream. How often is it that a sporting GOAT is one of the absolute best looking - ever - in their sport? And yet the way he looks is only part of his appeal to people.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
These photos are so good that like those from the Elle/Gucci photo shoot, they will be exhibited in the Gucci Ginza Gallery from May 22d:
https://twitter.com/Grandprixoli/status/1785384837391548873?ref_url=

For international fans from Beijing, Shanghai, Dalian, Seoul and Taiwan, who wished to visit Sendai alone using direct flights, this may change their plans.
Also, for fans who got tickets for Fantasy on Ice in Makuhari, this exhibition may be worth a visit.

Another consideration: in April, May and June, visitors of Gucci stores in Japan can upload a special message from Yuzuru Hanyu. I wonder what will be the dates for May and June, but it might make the stream of visitors to Gucci Ginza really astounding.

Edit: the May special message in Gucci stores will start on May 8th and last until 31st, which means that between May 22d and May 31st visitors of Gucci flagship store and gallery in Ginza, Tokyo may upload the message AND visit the exhibition:

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Sekkisei has published today a new visual with Yuzu. Extremely beautiful, of course! He's such a great model, what he does for Sekkisei feels so different from what he does for GQ or Gucci or Citizen or Phiten... I hear photographers just love working with hm! Anyway, enjoy!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Sekkisei has published today a new visual with Yuzu. Extremely beautiful, of course! He's such a great model, what he does for Sekkisei feels so different from what he does for GQ or Gucci or Citizen or Phiten... I hear photographers just love working with hm! Anyway, enjoy!

In the past, I tended to think that SEKKISEI commercials photos were too edited, but I think that they've heard their customers, and for instance they don't remove his pretty moles. We're really spoiled these days!
I wonder if they will release a full length photo (or video) of this outfit: it's intriguing, what is there below? In theory it could be black training pants and sports shoes, but somehow I prefer to believe that it's a full costume.

Magill

Record Breaker
So here it comes. The promised GQ BTS Video. It's gorgeous :love: Tip: Turn the music on when watching, it fits so well and even enhances the experience. But the delicacy and intensity of the movements, wow! And the bit with the hands,really so classy!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So here it comes. The promised GQ BTS Video. It's gorgeous :love: Tip: Turn the music on when watching, it fits so well and even enhances the experience. But the delicacy and intensity of the movements, wow! And the bit with the hands,really so classy!

Stunning. And now I so want to see Yuzu skate to Bach...

Magill

Record Breaker
We have an abundance of Yuzu these days!!!! Quadruple Axel has just announced their Special Issue given exclusively to Yuzuru - maybe as an apology to fans after the "cover scandal" in January (was it?) when they advertised cover with Yuzu and when pre-orders elevated it to No.1. in sales .... fans received the magazine with another skater on the cover :palmf: So hopefully this time nothing like this happens. Let's see if they are able to regain fans' trust. They advertise to have interview with MIkiko and other Yuzu's collaborators in it as well.

Last edited: