Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Returning to topic, and, yes, hurrah's (very graphic) description is correct - the phrase "getting low" (and hence the song) IS referring to oral sex.

So, there is a whole world of difference between the meaning of this song and the meaning of Tom Jones' song!

I really hope somebody associated with Liza is reading this, as Liza and her team really need to have a full understanding of what this song is about.

CaroLiza_fan

It is only a show number, but it is really indecent for a young lady to skate to it. Their team should think twice before presenting it on a bigger world stage, which will very likely cause much criticism and jeers among the skating fans around the world.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It is only a show number, but it is really indecent for a young lady to skate to it. Their team should think twice before presenting it on a bigger world stage, which will very likely cause much criticism and jeers among the skating fans around the world.
Can Russian fans send our message to her VK fanpage? It's not in the season yet maybe there's still time to change.

Barb

Record Breaker
Sorry to disappoint you but that is hardly what comes to my mind when the phrase "get low" is said. So no, it isn't "all too obvious" to everyone. And yes, I'm a native speaker of English.

I don´t understand english very well, I am 30 and I did not know what getting low mean. But I would be much surprised that Liza did not know what with this song. Because she don´t speak english but if you are skating whatever song it is your obligation investigate the meaning. https://espanol.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081003153605AA8t6mB less of one minute I found the answer in google.

Especially seeing the video, she sure saw the video, if we saw it, why not she? It is definitly about sex.
Anyway, I am sure she is only dancing normal in the program. My problem with the song is that it is soooo bad. not because the lyrics,it is everything.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The difference between this song and Plushy's Sex Bomb or someone skating to I'm Sexy And I Know It is that those two songs are almost parodies; they're humorous, light-hearted takes on the subject, playing with fun without being degrading. This song, like the majority of the classless trash that passes for "music" these days, degrades women and is very serious about that.

Liza is a very beautiful young woman, and very attractive. She is also exceptionally talented, and I hope she does not feel the need to succumb to the worst dregs of what teenagers consider "awesome music" to seek validation.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I don't have an account on VK but I've posted a message on one of Russian forums fan page hopefully it'll be passed on

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I hope so too, melissa_ire. If Liza wants to do an exhibition in a dance/hip-hop style, there are plenty of songs to redo this number to anyway.

moriel

Record Breaker
I believe that if Liza likes skating to this song, the moral issues are totally not our business. And it is totally inapropriate assume that she does not understand it and go messaging her about it just because.

Sorry mad at you folks, it honestly got pretty gross here.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I hope so too, melissa_ire. If Liza wants to do an exhibition in a dance/hip-hop style, there are plenty of songs to redo this number to anyway.

Exactly. Once again one wonders why oh why, out of millions of songs something vulgar like that has to be chosen.
I must say I'd be much surprised if Liza is really unaware of what the song implies. Judging by kids of my friends, Russian teenagers are more 'tuned' to English slang than lets say someone like myself (actually living in English speaking country) though their general English might not be that great but that area is well 'covered'.
So if she knows that the song is riskey and still wants to go with it - it's one thing, if she doesn't then of course she should be warned

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
I believe that if Liza likes skating to this song, the moral issues are totally not our business. And it is totally inapropriate assume that she does not understand it and go messaging her about it just because.

Her morals where her private life is concerned are nobody's business. We've however been discussing issues regarding the image she'd be projecting to worldwide audience, I think it is two totally different things

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Her morals where her private life is concerned are nobody's business. We've however been discussing issues regarding the image she'd be projecting to worldwide audience, I think it is two totally different things
agree, we're worried about her. So we want to make sure she understands the lyrics she is skating to. If she doesn't then better let her know.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Exactly. The 2014 DJ Snake/Dillon Francis version is a stripped down DJ version surely meant to evoke the explicit Lil Jon rap song from 2003, whose video was Grammy nominated in the rap genre, so it is not obscure.

The 2014 version may be used in Zumba classes, but you only need to remember 2003 to get what the song is about. But Liza is not that old, and Mishin probably never listened to rap. Someone should tell them.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
agree, we're worried about her. So we want to make sure she understands the lyrics she is skating to. If she doesn't then better let her know.

Don't really see why to worry.
But then i was annoyed when people came up whining when we danced to "all about us" on school gratuation party. Because omg "thats to nasty, is a song about lesbians, you girls and boys probably don't understand the lyrics and didnt see the music video with 2 girls blablablabla" and we knew it all and just liked the beat... Maybe I'm just not old enough really.

Srsly people, let her do what she wants. She is 18. Not 8. Not 4. 18. She got several people helping her, its not like selfchoreographed random thing.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza has found a new coach!! This guy is purely focused on developing skating skills.

http://instagram.com/p/rPOGIzzQeY/

:)

Not to ahh....change the subject ;) but last year around this time it was only page 10 and I was posting nonsense like the post above. I remember this post specifically because I think I fooled CaroLiza_fan into believing it. :p

Personally I've always felt that the majority of this sport is targeted towards very young girls so I'm never going to be supportive of programs that flaunt sexuality so obviously. I wonder though if I'm being a hypocrite because I was raving about Valentina Marchei's program last year which was seriously hot in a less in your face way. I guess going for a sultry hot program that is set to some sizzling Spanish music has a different effect on me. By that I mean I would feel comfortable watching it with or discussing it with some of the younger up and coming skaters that I personally know from around the rink. The little ones who are like 10 yrs old.

To once again change the subject ...if you could pick a theme for a new exhibition what would it be?I would just love to see her push herself to explore a more profound/personal statement and find a way to grow artistically under a non-competive program. Then again sometimes....Girls Just Want To Have Fun. So here is my suggestion for Liza if she were to change her Ex which by the way I don't think she will.

https://youtu.be/PIb6AZdTr-A

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2014 version may be used in Zumba classes, but you only need to remember 2003 to get what the song is about. But Liza is not that old, and Mishin probably never listened to rap. Someone should tell them.

Now I'm picturing Mishin driving down the road bumping some raunchy rap music extremely loud. Thanks :laugh:

hurrah

Medalist
But then i was annoyed when people came up whining when we danced to "all about us" on school gratuation party. Because omg "thats to nasty, is a song about lesbians, you girls and boys probably don't understand the lyrics and didnt see the music video with 2 girls blablablabla" and we knew it all and just liked the beat... Maybe I'm just not old enough really.

For me, "All About Us" is not a song for lesbians about lesbianism but a song for men to get off on women who can and will willingly engage in lesbian sex (more for the man's pleasure than for her own), so if Liza did a routine to that, I'd be equally concerned. Now, if Eliza came back and did a routine to one of K.D. Lang's songs, I'd probably still raise my eyebrows, but more for the moxy that she shows.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

:thumbsup: The lyrics themselves are not explicit and the song is in a popular film and commercials. No better or worse than most of the top 40 today.

I even went to the Urban Dictionary to see what the phrase meant, and most of the definitions (apart from the last one) are not nearly as graphic as what is being implied here. Given that anyone can submit an entry and write whatever they want, it doesn't seem like the 'oral sex' interpretation is commonly known at all.

I still hate the song (mostly because it's lowest-common-denominator, repetitive EDM). But the pearl-clutching is a bit much. As far as offensive gala programs go, it's no "One Banana."

Anyway! Back to Liza...here is her interview for Sobaka.ru.

http://www.sobaka.ru/city/sport/37170#fb

Tutto

Record Breaker
Anyway! Back to Liza...here is her interview for Sobaka.ru.

http://www.sobaka.ru/city/sport/37170#fb

Thanks for the link! My translation:

'As a child I was a tomboy, very active, so my parents were glad when I got into sport, they thought that I would use my energy in a positive way. Even now it is useless to shout at me or force me, I only will turn disagreeable. In the season 2014-2015 the most exciting was my first international competition in Obersdorf: I went out on the ice with a great fear after the 6 month break because of my injury. But when I won I got very excited, even after happened afterwards victories at Euro & Worlds I did not feel like that. During my performance my head is usually full of lots of thoughts on most different subjects. At Worlds my mind was in such turmoil that it felt like the skate lasted ages. After my skate at Euro my brain was ready to explode- I had controlled every single little movement; before every jump I'd turned the element over in my head many times as there was no room for even a tiny mistake. I had 13 competitions last season, in FS it is a lot. But I like such intense schedule, after a week of training at home I get bored and want to go to competition again, In this sport I like adrenalin, drive and chance to prove myself. I don’t have any rituals for competitions, if one is superstitious one can get distracted.
My life is definitely not ending with fs, my plans include studying to be a sports psychologist. On the ice not everything depends on skater’s body, a lot comes from the mind, so the knowledge of psychology would definitely be useful in future. So far I haven’t spent my prize money on myself everything goes towards family domestic needs. My Mum is raising my younger sister Zenya, all her attention is paid to her, so when I am at home (rarely) Zenya even gets jealous of our long talks with Mum in the kitchen. Honestly, fame & money are not very important to me, but family is. Like all girls I like shopping and everything around beauty industry & fashion, but all in moderation. I don’t like noisy people attracting too much attention – I myself a private person especially in a company with strangers. I appreciate a sense of humour in people, I like laughing myself. My laughter is infectious so if I start laughing everyone around join me.'

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty

Srsly people, let her do what she wants. She is 18. Not 8. Not 4. 18. She got several people helping her, its not like selfchoreographed random thing.
Why it's inappropriate? Liza can be 18 and she still doesn't know the lyrics of the song she's skating to. My friend is 35 and she had to ask me "what's the fuss about Liza new ex music?" While I have no intention of looking up the lyrics, when I first heard it I already felt what it's about. I'm a classic fan, not even pop and rap fan.
What's wrong with her fans informing her about the meaning of it? If she already knows it she has no reason to stop using it. But there's still chance she doesn't know about it. So what's the harm telling her?