2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 20 Ladies Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 20 Ladies Short Program

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Anyways, Tsurskaya still wins my favorite SP award, I hope Rin and the Koreans can move up in the FS, and Chermesky was a nice surprise. :)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Oh, Rin. :no: some lovely touches, but the jumps went away.

In some ways, I'm sad that the vast majority of Juniors skate to music that they have time enough to use when they are older. It would be nice to see a few more skating to stuff that they love and connect to from their own generation, rather than trying to be Mini-Seniors.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

In some ways, I'm sad that the vast majority of Juniors skate to music that they have time enough to use when they are older. It would be nice to see a few more skating to stuff that they love and connect to from their own generation, rehear than trying to be Mini-Seniors.

Agree! They should choose what they want.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

In some ways, I'm sad that the vast majority of Juniors skate to music that they have time enough to use when they are older. It would be nice to see a few more skating to stuff that they love and connect to from their own generation, rather than trying to be Mini-Seniors.

I tend to agree. I would rather see a skater skate to something they clearly love that i hate than skate a safe routine to a safe piece of music. There just seem to be a disproportionate number of skaters that like classical music as teenagers it seems.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Agree! They should choose what they want.

That's usually what I would say, too, but after that poor girl skated to dubstep, I'm not so sure. They should choose music that they love, as should anyone, but they need guidance from their coaches to make sure it's...appropriate for athletic competition. And some may love it-when I was their age, I always skated to classical music because I loved it, not because I wanted to look older. I was an orchestra nerd, after all ;)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marina Popov is 15th ! Hope she will do better in the Free !! :cheer:

That's who I just watched there now!

I managed to get the stream wound back before it cut off, so I'm currently catching up on the first hour that I missed. It's a good job I got Gennaro watched during the last resurfacing, as it only went back to when Gordienko was being introduced. (There must be a 4 hour limit on how far you can wind back)

Yes, Marina was pretty good! Pity about the fall at the start, though. LOVED the music!

Now to see what all the fuss is about with Vivian Le...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As Ted Barton said over the highlights, that was a "beautiful programme" from Vivian!

But, after seeing her, I am rather embarassed. Because, every time I was reading her name in this thread, I was pronouncing it with a French accent. Then when she comes out on the ice, I discover that her background is actually Chinese!

Oops! :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

katymay

Medalist
Thank you! I think this one's my new favorite. Or at least pretty close to Polina.

Indeed yes, that was lovely. Good balance of nice jumps , polished spins and nice skating skills. The music was like elevator music, but not sure that is a bad thing.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That's usually what I would say, too, but after that poor girl skated to dubstep, I'm not so sure. They should choose music that they love, as should anyone, but they need guidance from their coaches to make sure it's...appropriate for athletic competition. And some may love it-when I was their age, I always skated to classical music because I loved it, not because I wanted to look older. I was an orchestra nerd, after all ;)

Oh, yes, some obviously will really love a piece of older music or a great classical selection and that is great, but for the rest I am a bit underwhelmed by seeing teens skating to Big Spender and the like. Tbh, I'd rather a skater of that age being skating to 'move ya butt' as lyrics as opposed to that! Lol

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Polina was the best today no doubt. But she needs to work on her Bielmann - it's even worse than Sima's. Well, Wakaba had no Bielmann at all last season.

Vivian Le was very good as well. I would even agree that the fair gap with Polina should be less than 5. I just found her choreo a bit weak with significant portions of empty skating. Both girls have huge 3Lz-3T.

Sad about Valeria - visually she was much better than 53. I would place her third. The gap with Mihara is too big.

Emily Chan has very good potential. Her skating and spins are beautiful. Just need to fix the jumps.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Emily Chan has very good potential. Her skating and spins are beautiful. Just need to fix the jumps.

Agreed. I was not surprised to see the jumping issues, hopefully she can pull it all together soon for a complete program, everything else is great!