2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 99 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

bramweld

Record Breaker
I love Hurtado&Diaz. They are not great skaters but I have a soft spot for them.
That SD is the usual D&L crap though. I was really hoping in something better. Hopefully the FD will be much better.

Yeah. When you compare it to what Najarro gave them last year, you literally just have to sigh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I LOVED D/R's SP>.. couldn't take my eyes off Eric... (i usually look at Meagan all the time..) i just loved the opening and the elements are strong... <3

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah. When you compare it to what Najarro gave them last year, you literally just have to sigh.

They were in their territory, so to speak, last year and that program was really great. I'm not sure the waltz is "their dance" but they could've done something funny, a fun waltz?

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
I'm absolutely in love with D/R's SP. Eric feels it so deeply, I can't wait to see it when it grows.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Hurtado & Diaz LD (1:10:05). Compared to their last programs I think it's the weakest one. I don't know, but for me there is little tango in this tango. It is too delicate, as if they were still in the short dance waltz mood. They made a lot of mistakes and I'm afraid the atmosphere in the kiss & cry was far from nice and supportive... They finished 4th overall, but their FD was placed on 6th position (out of 8). A lot of work ahead of them if they want to be placed within the top 10 both in the Euros and worlds.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3...2015-09-27-16-25-15-2015-09-27-17-45-35_sport

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I think Sui/Han SP is so far the best pairs SP for me at least

I think so too. It's a spectacular SP. I love it.

Hurtado & Diaz LD (1:10:05). Compared to their last programs I think it's the weakest one. I don't know, but for me there is little tango in this tango. It is too delicate, as if they were still in the short dance waltz mood. They made a lot of mistakes and I'm afraid the atmosphere in the kiss & cry was far from nice and supportive... They finished 4th overall, but their FD was placed on 6th position (out of 8). A lot of work ahead of them if they want to be placed within the top 10 both in the Euros and worlds.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3...2015-09-27-16-25-15-2015-09-27-17-45-35_sport

I don't like the music that much but I think this program has potential. It's a nice Tango but they are not in good shape yet and the performance was not good. I think it will look much better later on.

Edit: Sylvia posted on FS a youtube link of their FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUk0hcBRr_w

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Barb

Record Breaker

Totally agree. :disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually I think it's smart they do a tango. It's probably the one move from D/L coaching team I can appreciate. For so long they were the skaters with the super cool programs (loved Picasso!). They needed a program where they could improve their actual skating/dancing skills, which is why I think they are behind the top 10 in the world. This FD exposes errors -- if they are not on point and sharp -- the dance will fall flat.

I think this will be a good opportunity to work on their skills. i think if they are cool with doing cool programs, great, but they probably want to do more than that.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think Sui/Han SP is so far the best pairs SP for me at least

My favorite pairs program thus far. Fantastic.

Crossing my fingers that they can hit their combo jumps in the LP this season. If yes, I see their programs taking them a long way.

humbaba

Final Flight
Hurtado & Diaz LD (1:10:05). They made a lot of mistakes and I'm afraid the atmosphere in the kiss & cry was far from nice and supportive... They finished 4th overall, but their FD was placed on 6th position (out of 8).

One of the more riveting K&C vignettes I seen lately. Sara giving Adria an earful. The zamboni passes, momentarily blocking them from view. They reappear, Sara still giving Adria an earful. And the way she planted herself right in front of him after the scores were announced. Would love to have been a fly on the wall. It was like a car wreck. You can't help but look. Then you hate yourself afterward. I'm sure it was a very painful episode for them. Hope they can work through their problems.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
One of the more riveting K&C vignettes I seen lately. Sara giving Adrian an earful. The zamboni passes, momentarily blocking them from view. They reappear, Sara still giving Adrian an earful. And the way she planted herself right in front of him after the scores were announced. Would love to have been a fly on the wall. It was like a car wreck. You can't help but look. Then you hate yourself afterward. I'm sure it was a very painful episode for them. Hope they can work through their problems.

I wouldn't call it "their problems" or "painful". Obviously they were not happy but there is nothing dramatic about that. This was a test, not a big competition and it's early. Teams do argue, all of them. It's not always a bed of roses.

samm22

On the Ice
I like the program, but... uh, are they planning on leaving the profanity in the lyrics?

Tbh, I almost don't mind the profanity. It speaks to who they are as a team. I think this was a wonderful song choice for them

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Tbh, I almost don't mind the profanity. It speaks to who they are as a team. I think this was a wonderful song choice for them

I agree - It doesn't bother me.

Since lyrics are relatively new for competitive skating, are there any ISU rules pertaining to profanities in the lyrics (or anything else that might be considered 'offensive')?