2015 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Ladies Free Skate

flying camel

Medalist
Mirai robbed again! Only one visible error (2-foot on second jump in combo)and she scores below skaters with step-outs, pops and falls.

It's unfortunate, she was better than some who came after her. But she never built up a reputation for herself. When you have top skaters coming after you, the judges leave room for them. Unless u have proven to be one who delivers. Mirai had lots of problems with her jumps and her performance in the past. She is rebuilding her reputation. The score she got was not bad, and it moves her in the right direction. If she keeps performing well the scores will come.

I'm happy for Courtney. Can uimagine her score if she ever goes clean. Does anyone know if she beat Polina's CofC score?

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sooo ...

with the Americans doing well in North America,

the Russians doing well in Russia,

and the Japanese doing well in Japan ...

what expectations do we have for Boston?

:think:

First off, I expect a medal for Gracie-probably not gold, but a medal for sure. Ashley will probably be fourth or fifth. I also expect either Courtney to be the third lady as she's totally eclipsed Polina on the GP and could conceivably be a final alternate.

Mao could either win, win bronze and be disappointed with it, or totally die and not even make the top 5 a la Sochi. Satoko could be back in the top 5 and will definitely make the top 10. Rika is more unsure but I think she'll be in the top 10.

Evgenia and Elena could both medal but I doubt both of them will. I'm not sure who the third lady will be: if it's Anna, I expect a meltdown; if it's Liza, she could either be brilliant or terrible; and if it's Yulia, get out your tissues and prepare to cry incessantly.

That's my prediction, anyway.

gotoschool

Medalist
Mao Asada has been really, really bad this tournament. Maybe her time is over.

Mao is almost certainly sick skating in front of a home audience with incredibly difficult tech content, so it would be nice if you showed her a little consideration. Her skating was very beautiful to me, but she did have some problems with jumps, which is understandable given the situation. I think it's impressive that she doesn't complain even though her reputation is at stake. That's a noble and selfless attitude. It will always be an honor to watch Mao skate until she decides herself that it's time to retire.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Mao is trying to skate sick in front of a home audience with incredibly difficult tech content, so it would be nice if you showed her a little consideration. Her skating is beautiful, but she did have some problems with jumps, which is understandable given the situation.

She's sick? Wow.

My respect for her just grew by about 89%. Because anyone who can do 3As (landed or not) while ill, in front of thousands of fans who expect you to win, is somewhat superhuman. #YouGoMao :cheer:

desertskates

Medalist
Wow, wow, wow. So at all what I expected. I haven't watched yet, but did look through the score sheets. Congrats to Satoko for a well deserved win at home! Congrats to Courtney on a surprise silver! Her skating is not really my cup of tea :slink: but she must be thrilled.
I hope Mao is feeling better soon, as I see here she's not feeling well. And I'm so disappointed for Ashley. I really hope this is her meltdown for the year, and it's out of her system now.
The finals will tell us a lot this year, I look forward to seeing each lady and really hope they put their best efforts for us to enjoy :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I believe this Courtney's first GP medal! This does put her in good contention for the third world's spot!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Mao got full credit for her too-footed and under-rotated 2A-3T.:noshake: I checked results first, and noticed that Mao got a full credit 2A-3T, was happy for her. but then found out it was too-footed and under-rotated...
No biggie, just ISU being ISU.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Told ya Courtney is good, you were all so negative when I mentioned her tztz.

Did Kaety fall twice? :( "sad panda face"

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, I haven't seen any skater other than Hicks. However, I have to say, that stylistically, I prefer Polina. However, Courtney like Tonya H. Has undeniable height on her jumps and excitement in her performances that are very hard for a judge to ignore. I'm still not sold on M.Bell but if I had to pick a third US lady right now. I honestly couldn't make a decision. I guess it will come down to Nationals.

US people. Is Polina still the obvious choice for the third spot on the World Team?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's unfortunate, she was better than some who came after her. But she never built up a reputation for herself. When you have top skaters coming after you, the judges leave room for them. Unless u have proven to be one who delivers. Mirai had lots of problems with her jumps and her performance in the past. She is rebuilding her reputation. The score she got was not bad, and it moves her in the right direction. If she keeps performing well the scores will come.

I'm happy for Courtney. Can uimagine her score if she ever goes clean. Does anyone know if she beat Polina's CofC score?
But they're not supposed to either "leave room" or judge on reputation. 😠