2015 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Alex D

Record Breaker
Once again this competition proves that you can't blow the short and hope to win with the long.

Blowing the short can allow you a comeback but only if the others mess up, so it´s always better to take the potato's in your own hand and score high at a short.

slider11

Medalist
Jeepers (American expression)...why is Mirai getting killed on under-rotations? Her first triple triple looked really good. The second jump run had a glitch but the rest of the jumps were decent. Someone is really taking a microscope to those landings. I am not in love with that Gatsby program. I like the new dress but the head band seems like a silly distraction. The music cuts are disjointed and I don't see Mirai embracing the free-wheeling 20's. I saw a smile during the Charleston but it felt like she was saying , "Don't I look silly!" Tom and Mirai seemed reasonably content with the 114. I just think she's capable of so much more and frankly I think she was under marked technically and over marked PCS.

IleK

On the Ice
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't think Ashley and Gracie "proved it" so far. They had several good showings in the GP over the last seasons, but usually fell short at the big stages. They have a track record for being almost there, but not making it in the end. Now they'll have the added pressure of skating worlds at home, which IMO makes both of them wildcards - pretty much independently of how they'll do at GPF/Nats/4CC.

I think Ashley had her best 2 programs together at SC and I don't remember if she has ever scored over 70 in SP before and over 200 points with the LP . Gracie did well in SA, also over 200 points, and had a very good SP at TEB. Don't get me wrong, I know they are both very nervous persons especially when they are close to a big win, my post was a response to how everyone does well in his own country, with some home boost of course. So, it was more of a wishful thinking that maybe they will win some medals. If not now, then when? That doesn't mean that I forget about the big competition they will face.

Last edited:

IleK

On the Ice
Mao got full credit for her too-footed and under-rotated 2A-3T.:noshake: I checked results first, and noticed that Mao got a full credit 2A-3T, was happy for her. but then found out it was too-footed and under-rotated...
No biggie, just ISU being ISU.

what about the 3F-3L form the SP? was it really rotated, because she never got credit for it lately as in her first GP and the her last years of competition when she tried it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
what about the 3F-3L form the SP? was it really rotated, because she never got credit for it lately as in her first GP and the her last years of competition when she tried it.
IMO, both F and L are under-rotated. just my opinion after I watched the slo-mo. Her 3F is not good as it showed in her other 3F jumps in this comp.
EDIT: If Mirai's 3F-3T is called, Mao's 3F-3L should definitely be called (on both jump), I will put it this way.

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
Russian GP was so much better than Japanese GP in ladies category.
All those flowers though! :agree:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Guys, just forget about the judging and the score, except Satoko and Mirai and Zijun, this event was a MESS for the ladies. Let's pray that they can do their best in the final

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Everyone before the ladies event: :party2: :yahoo:
Everyone after the ladies event: :confused: :sad4: :con3:

I d'know...I am not that bummed...I am happy that Pogo did better and I am happy for Court....cant wait to see Mirai live and in color...I think over the summer, Satoko needs to rework her jumps so it at least looks like she completes her rotation in the air. And work on her expression....but she is cool................

(love the avatar....my group calls the butt spin the "Krakatoa" (Crack-a-toe-a) and it isnt at all feminine and I dont even like it on men.....what's next? Twerking in dance?)
Chris the old foggie

Layback11

Record Breaker
Watching the ladies-Mao is on RN. Mirai was spectacular and now I REALLY can't decide if i want her, Karen or Courtney as the third world team member, LOL! Most of the others failed spectacularly.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
LOL, so Finnish TV tends to show top 2 performances in the FS... But this time it was Asada and Miyahara. I guess they assume no one wants to watch Hicks even if she got second(Overall though I really disagree with this system, should show top 3 come on).

curious

Final Flight
Well, she was world champion and the first seeded skater, she could have chosen NHK, right? :)
I am not sure if Liza would have been ready for GPF. She just skated in Warsaw SP where she got 64 with 34 TES. It's better than her GP events, but not up to her standards. She still struggles with consistency and her 3A. Missing the GPF might be a blessing in disguise for her as she has time to prepare for nationals which is where it all matters.

liza is still trying to recover from her grueling last season. She can't do 13 comps again if she wants to be in good shape for the next olys.

gotoschool

Medalist
LOL, so Finnish TV tends to show top 2 performances in the FS... But this time it was Asada and Miyahara. I guess they assume no one wants to watch Hicks even if she got second(Overall though I really disagree with this system, should show top 3 come on).

If you are talking about the top two scored performances in the FS, they were Satoko and Mao , but I do agree it would be better to show at least the performances of the top 3: even more would be better to see different kinds of skaters.

chloepoco

Medalist
I d'know...I am not that bummed...I am happy that Pogo did better and I am happy for Court....cant wait to see Mirai live and in color...I think over the summer, Satoko needs to rework her jumps so it at least looks like she completes her rotation in the air. And work on her expression....but she is cool................

(love the avatar....my group calls the butt spin the "Krakatoa" (Crack-a-toe-a) and it isnt at all feminine and I dont even like it on men.....what's next? Twerking in dance?)
Chris the old foggie

I think Satoko's expression is wonderful, and goes beautifully with her program.

And on a shallow note, does Satoko have the hottest coach in the business or what?!! She should get extra points just for that!! (JK, lest anyone takes me seriously)

Last edited: