2015 NHK Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Free Dance

auser

Record Breaker
Chock and Bates should be very nervous. Oh I'm so happy for my Shibs. I was very meh about that program at first--right direction, I thought, but wrong music. Chris Martin at his whitey whiniest. The interpolation of the instrumental break from The Scientist just lifted that program to a whole 'nother level.

Arty and precise. I said it last year that that would quiet the "but they're siblings" thang. Now next year, go fierce.

Really, Chock and Bates had best be working their buns off.

ETA: It's too bad I'm not actually competing in the GP Predictions game--this is the first time I would have gotten a 75 in dance. LOL!

Yes. You said what my ears(ouch), eyes and heart were feeling:luv17:. Congrats Shibs:yahoo:. This was beautiful.

caitie

Medalist
Is it possible for them to overtake C/B at nats?

It really depends on what happens at GPF. The Shibs can't have an off event like they did last season. They have to continue this momentum if they want to beat C/B at Nationals.

jcoates

Medalist
The Shibs total competition score is now the highest of the Grand Prix season. GPF will be very interesting.

ETA: I/Z got a higher total in their senior B.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This is an absolute disaster for H/D. What a bitter loss to B/S. :noshake:

This pretty much ends their hope to get top two at nationals.

Sorry but no way are they going to go top two at nationals. But what they have done may be more important: they've put their name back into the conversation in a way they haven't since their first season together.

But that free dance is a snoozefest. With moth wings. Oy veh. Where did I put that flyswatter again?

:hap57:

Last edited:

jg2000

On the Ice
I'm thrilled for the Shibs!

I'm a little put off by the high score B/S received. It just wasn't that good.

But, if they hadn't pulled up to second, then there would have been no Russian dance team at GPF, right?

Gee, I wonder if the judges knew that?

Well no, Sinitsina/Katsalapov would have been in if B/S were out.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am disappointed H/D couldn't hold on to 2nd. The positives are they improved their scores from early season comps and they make the GPF! They are also learning how to skate when medal expectations are high. Their move to Canada is paying off

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So, how is their Japanese, since I would have no idea?

Not too bad actually! The crowd really enjoyed it :laugh: especially when Alex called himself an idiot in Japanese :laugh: They often tweet in Japanese too.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the correction.

Dang. I'd much rather have S/K.

And I'm sure G/P must have some fans of their programs, too. So that would have been nice for them.

caitie

Medalist
If I were coaching M/C, I would get my team to compete at senior level and go head to head with H/D for the bronze.

It's not that easy to transition. Seniors is REALLY HARD. Look at the current reigning JW champs, Anna and Sergei. They are undeniably talented and looked completely ready for seniors. Dave Lease of TSL picked them to win the bronze at Skate America based on how dominant they'd looked in Juniors, but they have really, really struggled this season. The team that placed 6th here beat them at Skate America.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, shibs won!!!! :yes2: How long they did not win a GP? :hap93:

4 years. NHK 2011. It's also symbolic cause during that season Bobrova/Soloviev had beat them a Cup of China by a wide margin. And now the scenario was reversed here.

And interestingly enough they beat Weaver/Poje at that NHK and the reversed happened at SC.

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
I am disappointed H/D couldn't hold on to 2nd. The positives are they improved their scores from early season comps and they make the GPF! They are also learning how to skate when medal expectations are high. Their move to Canada is paying off

I think they got a 102 at SLC, though? That's what I have down for them on my spreadsheet anyway.

I'm really disappointed for them, but they did make at least one visible error.