2024 Four Continents Rhythm Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Rhythm Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The three American teams looked good and fairly sharp. Zingas et co are showing their mettle. Canada in general struggled. Piper and Paul seem to have issues with levels/goes and performing. They should be aiming and earning higher scores. This is what we might see from Fear and Gibson not a gold medal. I think thewriting is on the wall - bronze at worlds. The Danadians need excitement though I appreciate thestress. It is important that Christina and Anthony continue the momentum and be the top us team. the third Canadian team kind of crashed and burned. There goes the hope of a Canadian sweep thought o be fair this is really the fourth best Canadian team andthetop three are quite a bit ahead. THe three american teams are close to each other.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
My prediction in dance is a mess because I thought the Canadian team of FB/ S would have pull out. I left them off my prediction

auser

Record Breaker
Reviewing protocols, all the teams that were originally given level 3 on the pattern step sequence dropped to level 2 except for Green/Parsons. They dropped to level 1, and that helps to explain why they are behind Zingas/Kolesnik.
Thank you, I am planning to re-watch to see what my eyes did and did not catch while chomping on dinner. :)

Andrea82

Medalist
Detailed scores

British judge dinged Gilles/Poirier and Carreira/Ponomareko.
US and British judge had Fournier/Sorensen leading.
Spanish judge went hard on Lim/Quan and Harris/Chan.
Japanese judge tried to keep all 3 Japanese teams close to each other but the international judges went clearly for Komatsubara/Koleto.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The three American teams looked good and fairly sharp. Zingas et co are showing their mettle. Canada in general struggled. Piper and Paul seem to have issues with levels/goes and performing. They should be aiming and earning higher scores. This is what we might see from Fear and Gibson not a gold medal. I think thewriting is on the wall - bronze at worlds. The Danadians need excitement though I appreciate thestress. It is important that Christina and Anthony continue the momentum and be the top us team. the third Canadian team kind of crashed and burned. There goes the hope of a Canadian sweep thought o be fair this is really the fourth best Canadian team andthetop three are quite a bit ahead. THe three american teams are close to each other.
Did you watch this ?
Piper and Paul scored quite well. A couple points below their season's best at Skate Canada but they received very good levels on pretty much everything but the pattern, and all the teams received very low levels on the pattern. Nobody scored a level 4 here.
FBS performed quite well.
And Lauriault-Le Gac had their best RD of the season. A technicality in the lift caused them to lose almost all points on the lifts which went to a 1.15 BV and got a minus deduction for illegal element (her legs didn't reach the required 45 degrees angle)... but they skated so well and before the deduction and loss of the BV, their score was very high. The judges liked them very much. So no. They didn't crash and burn.
There was never hope of a Canadian sweep... Lauriault and Le Gac are indeed replacing Lajoie and Lagha who are injured. They did very well tonight. Sometimes, the scores don't tell the full story.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Piper Gilles seemed to be so relaxed. I think the mistakes creep in when she gets nervous?

I normally love the Korean team but that performance was a little bit of a comedown after Zingas and Kolesnik. The difference in skating skills between the two male halves of those teams was quite noticeable. And I wonder if Carreira and Ponomarenko had skated after Emilia and Vadym.. would the gap between the two teams be narrower.?

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Detailed scores

British judges dinged Gilles/Poirier and Carreira/Ponomareko.
US and British judge had Fournier/Sorensen leading.
Spanish judge went hard on Lim/Quan and Harris/Chan.
Japanese judge tried to keep all 3 Japanese teams close to each other but the international judges went clearly for Komatsubara/Koleto.
Well that's not surprising. The scores at Japanese nationals clearly reflected the value that the Japanese place on skating skills.

slider11

Medalist
This seems like a fair order in terms of what I saw. I am concerned for Green/Parsons that they are being pushed down just enough not to be in the top 3. Michael did have slight issues on his twizzles but I did not see the pattern step sequence as being a level 1. I suppose this judging panel has its quirks with each team in one element or another so the slight to Green/Parsons is subtle. I am hoping that, regardless of the placement, that Caroline and Michael can have a strong FD to that amazing program.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice job by Vadym and Emilea! :) They were sharp, and I appreciated their inclusion of less-popular MJ songs.
I'm confused as to why they got level 2 on their steps when the commentator was raving over them.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
-if you watch Tanaka/Nishiyama without miming playing with your imaginary controller you're not a human :biggrin:
-Yoshida/Morita could be more wild but :rock:
- who you gonna call? Miiisaatooo
- didn't understand the illegal element thing...
- Carreina/Ponomarenko grew on me...well Christina did
- Piper and Paul give me life (Piper also gives me Cyndi Lauper vibes :biggrin:)

rain

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul have upgraded this RD. I liked the MIStepSEQ better this time. The Choreo Steps too.
Yes. They were also flying through the choreo steps this time. You can see they've put in a lot of work.
Oh yes! Piper and Paul bringing the hot moves and rocking it! :rock::love:
I absolutely love this RD. A lot of people are saying they don't really enjoy any of this year's rhythm dances, and I admit that the ones I like are few, but I think this one is genius. It's not trying too hard, but has incredible energy and vibe at the same time.
P/P's RD had stronger choreo than in the past, but I think it still needs a little polishing to really hit at worlds.
I agree that it still needs some polishing. But that's understandable considering how much they've changed it since the Grand Prix. It was better here already than at nationals. The lift can still be smoother. And I'd be talking to the (very strict) caller about what they need to do to make the pattern a level 4. But then nobody got above a level 2 here, which makes me wonder what the caller was looking for that they didn't see. The twizzles were absolutely perfect in the warmup, so they just need to bring that to the performance now. They might have been a bit nervous because of Paul's mishap at nationals on them. All in all though, I was very impressed and think they've done what they needed to in order to refresh in the judges' eyes.

Oh, and I remain ticked off for Lauriault/Le Gac over their lift. That call lost them a bunch of placements.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Judges seemed a bit harsher than usual? Neither Yoshida/Morita nor Tanaka/Nishiyama would have earned worlds TES here (good job they both achieved this at golden spin!)
Also I noticed from the top teams, a few twizzle errors. In fact Zingas/Kolesnik were highest scoring for this element.