2015 NHK Gala | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Gala

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I was able to watch this exhibition live in Japan this past summer and it's definitely a mood maker! Very charming and cheerful. Hope she feels better!

paperhearts

Final Flight
Ahh, I love Mao. <3 Now, go Yu/Jin! (On as side note, Xiaoyu is so pretty.) Also, I love this Chinese version of See You Again.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I know this is about figure skating, and not faces, but... Yu Xiaoyu has the most amazing face. Angelic, ethereal... there is something very unique to it.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Y/J almost as much as BESP does ;)

I'm so glad they made it to the GPF as well! When I saw their GPs, I was afraid they wouldn't.

thoakun

Final Flight
Ahh, I love Mao. <3 Now, go Yu/Jin! (On as side note, Xiaoyu is so pretty.) Also, I love this Chinese version of See You Again.

Wonder if Xiaoyu has a background in Chinese ballet, as she reminds me of many elegant, airy and otherworldly Chinese ballerinas. She also has that classic beauty look.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know this is about figure skating, and not faces, but... Yu Xiaoyu has the most amazing face. Angelic, ethereal... there is something very unique to it.

Funny you should mention Xiaoyu's face, because they showed a close-up shot of her face during a death spiral, and I started thinking "from this angle, she looks very like another skater..."

But, I can't think who it could be!!! :rolleye: :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This Shibs EX? Hands down, the best EX I've ever seen by them. I cannot stop watching when they skate this, and that's been very different in the past. I honestly do not like their FS (partly due to the fact that the music is really not my thing), but this... wow. Incredible.

edit: oh, actually this part of the FS is rather... wow. Maybe I should watch the FS again, after all, lolol.

Last edited:

paperhearts

Final Flight
Wonder if Xiaoyu has a background in Chinese ballet, as she reminds me of many elegant, airy and otherworldly Chinese ballerinas. She also has that classic beauty look.

Possibly? If she does, I wouldn't be surprised. She is such a beautiful skater. :love:

Love this soulful, jazzy side of Mura:dance2:. More please.:luv17:

Perhaps some new programs of this vein next season? Hahaha. Always nice to see skaters challenging new styles in EXs.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
This Shibs EX? Hands down, the best EX I've ever seen by them. I cannot stop watching when they skate this, and that's been very different in the past. I honestly do not like their FS (partly due to the fact that the music is really not my thing), but this... wow. Incredible.

edit: oh, actually this part of the FS is rather... wow. Maybe I should watch the FS again, after all, lolol.

Trying to figure out a way to remove the vocals from their fs whenI watch it live ;).

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Yu is too striking and alienesque to be considered a classic Chinese beauty. That's more Zijun Li.

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Just got home from work.
Bummed I just missed Mura.
Glad Shun Sato was invited.
Was hoping that would be the case.
Excited to watch what I missed!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry if this sounds sleazy. But, is Maia showing a lot more cleavage this year than she did before?

I can't remember her ever wearing so many low cut dresses before.

Or, maybe I just didn't notice before. :slink:

CaroLiza_fan