Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 580 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Record Breaker
I wonder what music to give him next... maybe some hard rock to fire him up and give him a change from the lyrical Chopin. I could get behind that. He obviously enjoys rocking out.

If Yuzu wants a daily coach, he already has one who has made it clear he is available if Yuzu wants him. However, he has chosen to stay at home much of the time, clearly showing that that is very important to him. Any new coach then would have to be in Japan or the situation would be the same because I don't see divided loyalties for brian being an issue.

Personally, I think the set up works... just, last night was one of those nights. Champions falter all the time. It is the getting back up and trying again that makes them stronger. For yuzu I wish he would take a page from roger federer... roger is known for quickly getting over bitter, bitter defeats and bouncing back and I wish the same for yuzu.

wookchub

On the Ice
I'm honestly baffled by the people thinking this is a coaching emergency and Yuzu should switch, as if he's being mistreated in some way. Brian has done absolute wonders during his time with Yuzu! NHK and GPF are testaments to that because /no one/ expected Yuzu to break his records again, but he held his nerve and he made history. But all the advice and wisdom in the world can only get Yuzuru to the boards - once he is on the ice he's alone and if his nerves overcome him then it's heartbreaking but it's just not gonna be his day.

At this time we should treasure Brian because I doubt anyone can comfort Yuzuru better than a two-time Olympic silver medalist who felt the exact same pressure.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh I used past tense:palmf:....I mean, I didn't stop, don't stop, and will never stop supporting Yuzu.:ghug:Sorry for my poor English

You are very eloquent and your post comforted me! Your love for Yuzu past, present, and future is very clear, as is that of everyone on this thread! We all want whatever is best for Yuzu to be what happens in every moment and I pray that great strength and good for him will come out of this hard time.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
maybe he needs to spend a bit more time in Toronto...of course I am not speculating.I believe he would do so if not that injury , thats why he was back only at the end of Feb.
Anyways he had an amazing season he had 4 clean skates, smashed records, life is sometimes unfair but things like this happens.Glad that he will be back to Toronto in one month, can't wait to see his new programs. Lets cheer up,at the end of 14/15 season we could never imagine him doing all these, he has changed the sport . Also I agree with people who say maybe going to 4cc will be better choise. I am sure he will go there next year as it is in Korea , the same arena where Olympics will be held. As a reminder: in early career Plushenko was the same, he was peaking for GPF's and went down for wc's . Then he managed , Yuzu overcame so many of his patterns this year, he will defeat those inner demons as well. Now a long off season has started and I can't wait for the new programs with quad loop. Costumes are still my biggest concern tho :))))

liv

Record Breaker
I bet he and yuzu will have a chat because , yeah, no one can empathize more with yuzu than brian right now.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This is why I ask you to give names, who could possibly dedicate his coaching talent to Hanyu alone? Would that be a productive relationship? Does Yuzu want to train on his own- with only a coach being with him on the rink all the time, not a single sparring competitor? Does he really want to win only big medals through the season? Does he want to become same kind of mystery Denis Ten has become?
I'm not referring to the incident at all.

IMO Yuzu needs a full time coach to help him peaking at the right time and dealing with the enormous amount of pressure he has to face inevitably.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I bet he and yuzu will have a chat because , yeah, no one can empathize more with yuzu than brian right now.
I'm sure Brian could share the kind of frustration he had when he placed 2nd twice in Olympics. I mean- that was a huge disappointment to him.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I've been thinking about this when I woke up and had my walk to get flowers, it's a lovely day, so I'm much calmer than earlier this morning and I think I got what my problem is (emphasis on mine). I'm a Novak Djokovic, not a Yuzuru Hanyu (type of person).

It's not that I'm competitive, I'm also ruthless when I'm competitive. I've realized I am never going to understand Yuzuru. I don't understand his coaching situation, I don't understand his relationship with Javi and I am never going to. I think about it now, hours later, and my brain simply stops when I think that if I were in his situation, my coach just helped me lose. I cannot understand that and I will never understand that. The same goes for Javi. I also can't believe I didn't realize sooner what I found odd in his situation but I can be a little slow sometimes. I honestly think he's a million times better person than me, considering he can do this. It's a breadth of spirit that's completely beyond me. Anyway, I also think World and Olympic titles matter, and I am the type of person who cares about that. World records are broken, and I do think Javi has a good shot at that too. And I think Yuzuru's talent is being wasted by not having this World gold (I am currently operating under the assumption he's done post 2018 but even with that being false, I do think yesterday was a waste of his talent). It's just how I am wired. This is a competitive sport. It's not theater and I'm a sports fan, a fan of competitions, and this is where the above, my lack of understanding, collides with that.

So I'm not really ideal to be a fan of Yuzuru :laugh: it's frustrating, really frustrating and I am more frustrated than I am sad because I don't think he won silver. I think he lost gold. In my world there is such a huge difference between these two things, though they sound the same. I am a person who believes it's always important to seize the day because you never know what tomorrow brings, never mind two years from now.

The thing is, ultimately, at the end of the day, none of this matters. What matters is that when he stops skating, if he is happy with what he's won and achieved, I'll be thrilled for him. And that's what counts. I hope he's happy and fulfilled and can look back and say he did it his way and has no regrets. No matter how many titles or world records he has or whether he is the greatest ever, or Javi, or someone third. At the same time, I can't be positive about the things I don't understand, it's me, not him, so I'll refrain from discussing things in this thread from now on and keep that to other places, and concentrate on the good stuff only when I'm here.

Anyway, I hope everyone's feeling just a little bit better today, and especially Yuzuru, goes without saying, and I truly apologize if I made anyone sadder or worse last night, it was never my intention.

ficelle

On the Ice
I'm honestly baffled by the people thinking this is a coaching emergency and Yuzu should switch, as if he's being mistreated in some way. Brian has done absolute wonders during his time with Yuzu! NHK and GPF are testaments to that because /no one/ expected Yuzu to break his records again, but he held his nerve and he made history. But all the advice and wisdom in the world can only get Yuzuru to the boards - once he is on the ice he's alone and if his nerves overcome him then it's heartbreaking but it's just not gonna be his day.

At this time we should treasure Brian because I doubt anyone can comfort Yuzuru better than a two-time Olympic silver medalist who felt the exact same pressure.

That ! :thumbsup: I think nobody knows better than Brian the bitterness of silver medal...

I wish the best to Yuzuru. I'm still devastated from the FS, but still it was a wonderful season, and you shouldn't forget the fabulous SP he did !!!

I'm looking forward to see him in the gala!

Last edited:

yuzuplease

Rinkside
I wished for Seimei to go out with a bang but there's nothing we can do now. It's a shame that Yuzu wasn't able to get the title back but it just wasn't his day. Only he knows what went wrong and I hope that he doesn't beat himself too much over it. Also, it's a freaking silver medal, not a potato medal. He is still one of the best and his track record can prove that. "Fans" need to chill with the negativity. Yuzu is already upset as it is, he doesn't need this kind of energy right now.

On another note, is he confirmed for the Team Challenge Cup this April? I was thinking that after what happened, he might want to slay one last time ala World Team Trophy 2k15.

ficelle

On the Ice
On another note, is he confirmed for the Team Challenge Cup this April? I was thinking that after what happened, he might want to slay one last time ala World Team Trophy 2k15.

No, he won't go. He declined the invitation.
But I think he really need rest, I mean real rest whithout interviews and others commitments.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I was thinking that after what happened, he might want to slay one last time ala World Team Trophy 2k15.
That competition has no personal meaning and is not concidered in the ranking. There is no need for him to do what he did last season. Last season he fought for Japan, this competition is not like that. I've heard he has some work to do for his Waseda studies- diploma or exams- if so then that should be his focus. IMO

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I wished for Seimei to go out with a bang but there's nothing we can do now. It's a shame that Yuzu wasn't able to get the title back but it just wasn't his day. Only he knows what went wrong and I hope that he doesn't beat himself too much over it. Also, it's a freaking silver medal, not a potato medal. He is still one of the best and his track record can prove that. "Fans" need to chill with the negativity. Yuzu is already upset as it is, he doesn't need this kind of energy right now.

The teams have already been assigned, so I don't think he can go anymore. Besides, Brian said he will go back to Japan for a month or so then go back to Canada to get the new programs ready.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuzu on winning the Silver medal! He has had an incredible season making history with
his record breaking performances. He has a lot to be proud of, he truly is an amazing athlete! :clap:
Yes.

And 295 is a GIANT score by any standards.

Looking to the future, I really think Yuzuru should compete at the next two 4CC's. He is developing a pattern of peaking at GPF and then having a bad time at World's. Maybe better to break that pattern? Have a bad time (or a "warm up") at 4CC instead... and then Peak a second time World's... and Olympics...

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I think he is done for the season, he turned down the invite before and now needs to rest his foot.

I am not sure I see how brian helped him lose. I see that brian prepared both guys as well as he could given whatever aches and pains they had and then sent them on the ice to compete and be judged. If they were tennis players I could see that giving tips about the other guy's weaknesses would be helping him lose, but not here, in this sport. It is different here and eteri, zueva, moser, among others,are also guilty then.

TatiMax

On the Ice
Yuzuru and Mao suffer from Japanese media obsession for perfection in a sport that is very unpredictable and subjective. Literally you can win one day and lose the next day. Clearly they are one of the best skaters ever but they don't seem to enjoy the sport because of huge push from surrounding atmosphere.

JuliettaG

On the Ice
I saw this photo https://twitter.com/BluecosmosH/status/716237501246013441 It's heartbreaking. I want to hug these two and tell them that everything is fine, they did what they could. Maybe they can share their hardships and then play some videogames to feel better. I have to say that I love the way Yuzuru looks when he is with Shoma, I hope they have a great friendship.:luv17:

Last edited:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
For me this was the Yuzuru year in the men figure skating, no matter the last skate. This year programs and performances were just outlandish and I watch them over and over again. I just wish him health and many more inspiring outings.

Status
Not open for further replies.