2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1

apple123

On the Ice
How is that 4F ratified by the judges? Shoma pre-rotated and then under-rotated that jump. It's more like 3F if the judges are not blind.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I liked Brezina better, personally. He knows how to deliver a messy performance.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
The current team standings after Group 2 Skated:

1. Team Asia - 42 points
2. Team North America - 40 points
3. Team Europe - 38 points

I wonder how this will end up after the final group skates!

Iceskater12356

Rinkside
How is that 4F ratified by the judges? Shoma pre-rotated and then under-rotated that jump. It's more like 3F if the judges are not blind.

I was wondering about pre-rotation and under-rotation as well. It looked rotated when they replayed it though. However, the replay wasn't super slow.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
no need to think about the jinks... the difference between uno and jin now that both can do two quads in SP : PCS... Huge advantage for Shoma
Now I really want to see Boyang skate clean and see where he ranks. Hope I don't jinx it tho.

- - - Updated - - -

i thought he hooked it a bit on the landing when i first saw it...
I was wondering about pre-rotation and under-rotation as well. It looked rotated when they replayed it though. However, the replay wasn't super slow.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It's crazy to see Nam earned Team N.A more team points than Gracie did

In a match up competition, it's smart to match your worst with their best, and save your best to beat their lesser contestants. Shoma's score is great for his personal record but didn't do proportionally great for his team. All he needed was 65 to earn the same 12 points.

badknees

Medalist
Good strategy to have Nam in this group so his 64.91 earns 10 points for N.A.

Except this wasn't strategy right?
the captains didn't know anything about the other choices and when they put up their placards it was random as to who they were skating against.
At least I think that's right!