2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 2 | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 2

Iceskater12356

Rinkside
Oy... I thought this was just boring. Couldn't wait for it to end. It just felt off somehow, maybe because he does a lot of poitions that I usually only see in the ladies. Also, that piano music... :-/
Sorry Jason, nothing personal.

I don't think the music was a good choice for him, or at least they could have made the music have a change in pace. I understand if he needs something gentle for his back, but then why even compete at all?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wasn't going to say anything...but how did Jason score only ten points behind Shoma when shoma had 3 quads including a quad flip and two triple axels in combination with other triples while jason essentially had one triple axel and three double axels... Jason's skating skills aren't as good either. The judges really want NA to win.

Jason's skating skills are better than Shoma's, IMO. When I was watching this particular performance, I was thinking, "Wow, JB's skating skills are even better than Chan's," actually.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Username: BobTurkey only speaking in Russian on the YouTube chat is kinda funny to me:laugh:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think the music was a good choice for him, or at least they could have made the music have a change in pace. I understand if he needs something gentle for his back, but then why even compete at all?

He's competing for his team and for the joy of skating.

andromache

Record Breaker
I wasn't going to say anything...but how did Jason score only ten points behind Shoma when shoma had 3 quads including a quad flip and two triple axels in combination with other triples while jason essentially had one triple axel and three double axels... Jason's skating skills aren't as good either. The judges really want NA to win.

Did you know there are elements besides jumps in the sport of figure skating?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
right but IN is showing complete total of all skaters scores at the end of each group, I think.
And that is misleading??

They have to show the total until the end when then they will drop the lowest of the men and women.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Jason's skating skills are better than Shoma's, IMO. When I was watching this particular performance, I was thinking, "Wow, JB's skating skills are even better than Chan's," actually.

I think Jason does a lot of really hard steps and transitions. But I think his basic skating skills in terms of edging and speed aren't as good as P.Chan.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Satoko Miyahara (JPN - Team Asia)

3Lz+2T+2Lo
3Lo
StSq
3F - (looks !)
CCoSp3p
3Lz
2A+3T
FCSp
3S
2A+3T
ChSq
LSp - wonderful positions

Consistent and clean as always. Lovely skate.

76.06 + 68.96 = 145.02 - Wow, huge score for her.

Last edited:

Klarnet

On the Ice
I could not sit through a single program of Satoko the whole season, her movements are perfect to the extent of boring...no offence

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:rolleye: He did a 3A-2T and a 3A< WHICH IS NOT THE SAME AS A DOUBLE AXEL.

Did you miss the part where his TES was 89?

This was his long program at the start of the season too. It was made all the way back in May/June, long before his back problems came to light or maybe even happened.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Since it's been so long since I saw that movie, nothing all that bad. Just brings back memories.

It was more of a rhetorical question. Just silly joking here. A typical associated question any psychiatrist would ask. :) sorry. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker

No one in fs is better at spins and steps and pcs than brown and jumps are largely irrelevent to his success. All he needs is one triple axel in sp and fs to be near medaling and 4th in the world.

andromache

Record Breaker
Satoko has so many lovely qualities, but this LP doesn't do anything for me. It's pleasant and lyrical but it doesn't make me feel anything other than "oh that's nice." Her SP is somewhat stronger.

Time for Evgenia to slayyyy. I finally fell in love with her LP at Worlds and I'm ready to see it again.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm so sad to see this program go. Some people loved it and some people did not. I really loved it and in fact it's my favourite free skate of the season. It is such a gorgeous program.

Fun fact: With this performance, she has done a clean free skate six times in a row! :yes: