2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies SP

piona

On the Ice
No, that was Anna Tarusina. I don't think she will be able to compete again for quite awhile. :(

she seems to be in a good mood. she made a periscope-stream and she was in a relative good shape. she had an ACL-injury, broken arm and a surgery on her head.
Unfortunately i dont speak russian, but if someone would sum up her monolouge, I could upload the stream.

moriel

Record Breaker
Perhaps I should say it this way.

The probability of two skaters with the same placements (e.g. both silver medalists) being assigned to the same event is lower than the probability of two skaters with different placements (e.g. 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th) assigned to the same event. The probability 3 pairs of skaters with same placements assigned to 3 events is lower than the probability of skaters with different placements assigned to 3 events. It's not that this particular combination is much more unlikely than other individual combination so it's much more intentional than other combinations (they are all intentional, considering JSF is the one allocating the assignments), but this combination doesn't maximize Japanese skaters' chance to qualify for JGPF, thus makes the strategy look so weird because most people assume maximizing the number of Japanese skaters who have solid chance to qualify for JGPF would be the priority of the fed and JSF would avoid assigning skaters with same placements to the same event. If only two silver medalists are assigned to the same event, it's possible that there are some circumstances that prevent them from going to different events. But if 3 pairs of skaters with same placements are assigned to same events, then JSF's intent to let skaters with equal placements compete against each other is proven to be much stronger than its intent to let these skaters avoid competing against each other.

Sorry, going off topic.

=) now it is right ^^ And well, guess offtopic is fine hehe =)

P(same placement skaters assigned to each event) = 1 * 1/5 * 1 * 1/3 (you can assign any skater to event 1, then you have only 1 possible choice out of the other 5 skaters, then you can assign any skater to event 2, and then you have just 1 possibility out of 3 skaters left)
Which makes 1/15 =)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked Matilda! She's a powerful thing at times and the music was oddly fascinating. One of the programs that makes me glad vocals are allowed ;)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Nice skate from Matilda. Despite no 3-3, her skate was very fast and dynamic. She is quite a performer.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Go Ashley! :yay: I feel like seeing a lot of skater named Ashley these days. :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daria's smile was infectious but Ashley's is way overboard :slink:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ashley's constant smiling is certainly heartwarming but at the sime time quite awkward, given the music :slink:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's the highest score we've seen from the US junior ladies, so good job Ashley!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Daria's smile was infectious but Ashley's is way overboard :slink:

Daria looked very nervous during her performance while she smiled after that. Ashley seemed to just make herself considered "expressive" by the judges. It is a learning process I guess.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Daria looked very nervous during her performance while she smiled after that. Ashley seemed to just make herself considered "expressive" by the judges. It is a learning process I guess.

Yeah. She's 13, so I'm sure she will grow. Isn't this her first JGP ever?

oleada

Record Breaker
Lin's 3T was UR and her basic skating is pretty poor but she attempted harder content and didn't fall, and it's by far the best out of any American this year.