Practice reports? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Practice reports?

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
Gracie's Tango SP in my humble opinion is the best overall program she's ever done. It's more mature, less princess and more womanly. I just wish she would emote and let loose for once. It could be a masterpiece if she puts everything together.

Wow! Ashley is skating to one of my all time favorite songs...The Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams. She is one person who has no trouble whatsoever letting loose. Jumps look great and a lot of speed with such fire and passion. I was never a fan of hers in the past but she's really growing on me.

How were their run thrus? Clean?

Daniel1998

Final Flight
First group reports from Rockerskating:
Mariah Bell: 2A, 3F, 3Lz(e), 3Lz-3T(UR), runthru (3Lz fall, 3F, 2A), 3Lz, 3Lz-3T
So Youn Park: 2S, 3S, 3Lo(step), 3Lo, 3S-3T, runthru (2S (step), 3Lo-2T, 0A)
Mao Asada: 2A, 3F(UR)-2T, runthru (2A, 3F-2Lo, 2Lo), 3Lo,
Sima Sakhanovich: SP runthru (3F fall, 3Lz fall, 2A), 3F-3T, 3F-3T, 2F-2T
Angelina Kuchvalska: 3T-3T. 3Lz(UR, fall), 1Lz

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Are these practice groups set up like the starting order? How is everyone doing?

Just some observations quickly:

Sima: No successful jump attempts in run thru, left ice earlier than everyone else

Daleman: skipped combo during SP, otherwise strong

Mihara: looked good just as yesterday

Kanaka: honestly can't remember much :disapp:

Gracie: clean SP, surprised, still has blank face

So Youn: popped two jumps, okay 3-2

Mao: saw a good 2A to open, I got distracted for some of the rest, sorry

Bell: fell twice I think

Ashley: clean SP, good performance, woke up practice crowd for the first time

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice

Sima: No successful jump attempts in run thru, left ice earlier than everyone else

Thank you so much!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thank you so much!

I wish Gracie would work on showing emotion during her practices but she doesnt seem to...prefering to concentrate on the technical.
Kind of like an actor reading lines and working on body language without facial expression....whatever works, I guess.
Wait a minute, YOU GOT DISTRACTED WHEN MAO WAS ON THE ICE? LOL!

mrrice

Record Breaker

I don't care about Gracie's face. At this point, I just don't want her to fall and ruin her chances of getting on the podium. She is the defending US Champion and Ashley has rightly stolen her thunder. I'd love to see Gracie show some real Grit and fight her way onto that podium where she belongs. Come on girl, you can do it! :cheer2:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
I don't care about Gracie's face. At this point, I just don't want her to fall and ruin her chances of getting on the podium. She is the defending US Champion and Ashley has rightly stolen her thunder. I'd love to see Gracie show some real Grit and fight her way onto that podium where she belongs. Come on girl, you can do it! :cheer2:

It would be very interesting to see where the scores end up if they both skate perfectly clean tonight!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wait a minute, YOU GOT DISTRACTED WHEN MAO WAS ON THE ICE? LOL!

Yeah, I know. :noshake: I find practices extremely distracting tho, people talking to me, many other skaters on the ice to watch... especially when the skater during their run-thru stops performing for a bit (or even talking to their coach), my attention wanders.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah, I know. :noshake: I find practices extremely distracting tho, people talking to me, many other skaters on the ice to watch... especially when the skater during their run-thru stops performing for a bit (or even talking to their coach), my attention wanders.

Yeah, I hear ya...it happens to the best of us! We even get silly about the fifth day of Nats practice....:biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There was a DDoS attack on a major server this morning so a lot of websites are down/slow.

A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is when a web service is intentionally overwhelmed by traffic from many sources. It is a common method for digital assaults.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Second group notes from Rockerskating:
Gracie Gold: runthru (3Lz3T, no flip, 2A), 1F, 3F(e?)
Kanako Murakami: 3F, 3F, runthru (3F (UR, two foot), 3T-2T, 2A)
Ashley Wagner: 3F-3T, 3Lo, runthru (3F-3T(UR), 3Lo(UR), 2A)
Mai Mihara: trouble with lutz, runthru (3Lz-3T, 2A, 3F)
Gabby Daleman: runthru (no lutz, 3F(e?), 2A)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
First group pairs practice:
Marchei Hotarek: thr3Lz, runthru (sbs3Lz (M fall), 3Tw(-), walked through thr3Lz), thr3Lz
James Cipres: sbs3S, runthru (sbs3S (J foot), thr3RipF (step))
Tarasova Morozov: runthru (3Tw, sbs3T)
Kayne O'Shea: runthru (sbs3S (K step))

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There was a DDoS attack on a major server this morning so a lot of websites are down/slow.

FYI I am having all sorts of problems with INW right now. I can get to the website but it wont accept my login attempt and the customer email address is being rejected by my email.....both on my desk top and lap top and with Firefox and chrome. I will try again in a couple of hours.

temadd

Final Flight
FYI I am having all sorts of problems with INW right now. I can get to the website but it wont accept my login attempt and the customer email address is being rejected by my email.....both on my desk top and lap top and with Firefox and chrome. I will try again in a couple of hours.

I had that same problem this morning. It finally let me sign in and I was able to watch a video

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well I'm LIVING for the shibs SD. I think they look amazing - maybe my favorite costumes so far this season. I was skeptical of Frank Sinatra when they announced it, but it's a great vehicle for them and their movement at the top is spectacular. I'd love to see Maia giving a little more edge and smirk in her face. I also am a huge fan of the remix. It's very relevant and I think exactly what the ISU was getting after and it's bold. But honestly not that bold. This notion of starting with a traditional version of a song then bringing in the remix or club version is nothing new.

Moving forward I'd love to see a little more speed and a little more power. They have moments where the movement does a nice job of accenting the beat especially in the no touch step sequence and I would love to see them hot those moments a little harder. Don't be afraid to get aggressive.

One thing I think is gonna be a challenge for ice skaters to really grapple with while taking on hip hop is finding a way to get into the earth (I mean earth not ice it's a different sort of sensation) and get grounded. The traditional style in skating is so lifted and buoyant and modeled after the aesthetics of ballet and ballroom that to find the earthiness, grit, and even edge of anger that's so relevant to the form it's going to require a bit of a shift in how we view what figure skating can be.

Oh but they still gotta get those levels lol
This is such an insightful and articulate post, especially the last part about hip hop on ice!:agree:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I had that same problem this morning. It finally let me sign in and I was able to watch a video

There were a few waves of the cyber attack, apparently, which is why some stuff may have gone down earlier but works now while others were working earlier and are down now.

(As for the practice, I appreciate people who are posting reports!)