2016 Skate Canada Men's SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's SP

auser

Record Breaker
:yawn: ok, going to sleep now, bye! :bed:

P.S. I had such a nice time posting tonight, y'all made me laugh so much the night didn't seem long at all :laugh: So... same place, same time tomorrow?

Sweet dreams Lota. Bring it again tomorrow :rock:.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Mura got three level 2's... hence the lower scores.

Patrick got a level 3 step sequence, while Reynolds/Hanyu got level 4s.

Some judge gave a 0 to Hanyu's 3S.

There's no way Chan should get 9.5 for PE with a fall, and Hanyu get 9.0 with that hot mess skate.

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Ok... so once again men's was a disaster. I shall light some incense in prayer that we have awesome free skate.

Raomina

On the Ice
Mura got three level 2's... hence the lower scores.

Patrick got a level 3 step sequence, while Reynolds/Hanyu got level 4s.

Some judge gave a 0 to Hanyu's 3S.

There's no way Chan should get 9.5 for PE with a fall, and Hanyu get 9.0 with that hot mess skate.

Thankfully all of those scores were thrown out at least...

andromache

Record Breaker
The men and missing on these spin levels. Yikes. 8/36 spins/spin attempts received less than a level 3, compared to 3/36 women's spins receiving less than a level 3.

Raomina

On the Ice
Only two skaters got level 4 step sequences as well, compared to four from the ladies.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Yikes - just checked into this thread after checking the results thread. GOOOOOO Patrick. I don't even care how he got there.....glad to see he's in 1st place. Poor US Men. Must have been pretty awful. I taped the competition but it won't show until tomorrow.

Glad to see Kevin doing well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The men and missing on these spin levels. Yikes. 8/36 spins/spin attempts received less than a level 3, compared to 3/36 women's spins receiving less than a level 3.

Ouch... yeah, I was noticing the men were having some sloppy spins... seems like a strict tech caller given not many level 4 sequences and so many level 2 and 3 spins.

auser

Record Breaker

Interesting stat. I have been missing seeing great spins.