2016 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Free Dance

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe D/W do need to come back also and show V/M how it's done especially with the twizzles. Except for the Shibs none of the top teams come close to D/W when it comes to twizzles.

yuna13

On the Ice
now after watching the fd many times i'm disappointed by scott. to be fair i guess i'm so used to guillaume and zach Donohue that i find scott a bit rough and not graceful.

Last edited:

Matt K

On the Ice
Maybe D/W do need to come back also and show V/M how it's done especially with the twizzles. Except for the Shibs none of the top teams come close to D/W when it comes to twizzles.

D/W, like C/B, cover less ice with their twizzles. V/M cover more ice, which is much harder to do. When V/M get their twizzles clean they get higher GOEs than D/W.

keasus

On the Ice
D/W, like C/B, cover less ice with their twizzles. V/M cover more ice, which is much harder to do. When V/M get their twizzles clean they get higher GOEs than D/W.

Yeah, but that's been a big IF for a while now.

nocturnalis

Medalist

When performing twizzles, Meryl was often noticeably behind Charlie. They never got docked for it, but she often started after him.

Matt K

On the Ice
When performing twizzles, Meryl was often noticeably behind Charlie. They never got docked for it, but she often started after him.

They also tended to do the exact same twizzles with no variations over and over and over again for 4 seasons straight, whereas others changed their twizzles.

A D/W fan here did say that they were practising lifts for their Scheherazade program 2 years in the making.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
Wow- I was blown away Chock/Bates' by program. I'm kind of "meh" on Ice Dancing but this program...I cannot wait to see how it continues to grow this season. Again. Wow.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
One of the great moments of that awful show. So many quotable interactions.

If there's anything I learned from watching that show it's that Tessa and Scott are soul mates.

Post-Pyeongchang they'll realize they're meant to be together all the time and the whole figure skating world will sigh in relief that it finally happened when they announce the pregnancy of Tessa.

Don't you mean they'll finally admit that all those conspiracy theory blogs were right and they already have a five year old child whom they've kept hidden for all this time?

:laugh2:

:rofl:

Debs122

Rinkside
now after watching the fd many times i'm disappointed by scott. to be fair i guess i'm so used to guillaume and zach Donohue that i find scott a bit rough and not graceful.
First time I've heard anyone refer to Scott Moir as ungraceful.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Don't you mean they'll finally admit that all those conspiracy theory blogs were right and they already have a five year old child whom they've kept hidden for all this time?

:laugh2:

:rofl:

I love me that Dube Moir blog and her accusation that Tessa faked an injury after Vancouver to give birth to their baby. What a nutjob. :biggrin:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

Scott does not look totally fit yet to me.He seems absolutely exhausted at the end of their FD.Loving his longer hair!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
WeakAnkles, is it a case of not wanting to look away from a trainwreck?

LOL not quite that bad. But it's an unbalanced team. He's got his father's ability to project a charming personality to the audience; she's like a Barbie doll--the limbs may move but the movement is stiff and plasticy. One thing that shocked me their last outing was the overhead camera shot of their twizzles, which clearly showed they have very very little movement on them--they're practically pirouettes. They've gotn talent galore--you don't get to be junior World champs without talent--but their choreography does them no favors. This is a herky-jerky tango with none of the sexual tension and release, that cat and mouse play, that the best tangos have (heck, even Piper and Paul had it and if they have sexual tension in real life then I'm Marie of Romania).

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
LOL not quite that bad. But it's an unbalanced team. He's got his father's ability to project a charming personality to the audience; she's like a Barbie doll--the limbs may move but the movement is stiff and plasticy. One thing that shocked me their last outing was the overhead camera shot of their twizzles, which clearly showed they have very very little movement on them--they're practically pirouettes.

Yup, Gordon-Póltorak was pointing it out as an error in their FD too. I've never noticed myslef, but during replays it was very obvious.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
The only bad thing about Chock & Bates FD is that awful song choices. It actually has worse music cuts than "Best of Plushenko", if that's even possible. :laugh: I found a few music by Two Steps from Hell that suited segments of their FD better, but certain parts of their choreography will have to be rearranged to fit the music and obviously the semi-smiley facial expressions will have to be altered.

Not too sure about the same all-black costuming again though.

sammyott

Rinkside
It is the bergemot that makes it icky. Some people who do not like the strong flavour of earl grey do enjoy the lighter bergemot flavour of Lady Grey tea.

This might be like the cilantro thing. It is genetic. Cilantro either tastes like soap to you or it does not. It is all in your genes.

Cilantro tastes like soap to me and C/B are definitely cilantro in my book. It's not necessarily the programs I don't like. It's the lack of connection between the two. Reminds me of RusLena where she is emoting to the judges and crowd, but not to her partner. And her partner just doesn't emote at all.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yup, Gordon-Póltorak was pointing it out as an error in their FD too. I've never noticed myslef, but during replays it was very obvious.

They had a problem with maintaining momentum on the low position two years ago, but it really improved last season. This competition was a bit of a backslide there, but I think more of an aberration now rather than a consistent problem. It is an incredibly tough twizzle position to do, obviously, but sets them apart as long as they perform it to their ability. (I do think the junior team Shevchenko & Eremenko have more movement across the ice with theirs, which is often what happens when a tough element is learned at a younger age).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Cilantro tastes like soap to me and C/B are definitely cilantro in my book. It's not necessarily the programs I don't like. It's the lack of connection between the two. Reminds me of RusLena where she is emoting to the judges and crowd, but not to her partner. And her partner just doesn't emote at all.

I'm now going to think of Chock and Bates as Cilantro Earl Grey.

The Cilantro thing is like the tongue curling thing. It's genetic. But I don't think it's one of those one your parents has to be able to do it for you to be able to do it, like the tongue curl.

Elena is so lovely she's distracting to me. I find myself watching her emote instead of watching her dance. Ruslan seems way more in the background to me than Nikita ever did.