2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

whatif

Medalist
surprisingly well skated event. So many clean skates and very high scores across the board.

Warwick360

Medalist
I really thought Elizabet would hit 70+. And from look of things, on the brighter side of things, it is clear that she does in fact have ability to hit 70+ at the current state, because I'm guessing she probably lost about 3 points with the negative GOE and the deduction on the Axel. Also, it was clear that the fall made her spins go slow, which may have contributed to lower GOE. At least just for that, I am really glad even with the fall. :clap:

PS: would have still been better without a fall. :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elizabet's dress made her look so young that I had to cringe at the line "I got my man who could ask for anything more" ICKY!!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Elizabet's program is great! Those falls that come right after you think they've landed it are the worst.

I don't mind Elena's program, but I think I get why others dislike it. I would have had Yulia over Elena here, too.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Still no sign on Match showing the event on my tv set((( but I did manage to catch Lena's dress & The Moment

Idk

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
For some reason I think Elena looked so tall. Man, she really grew this year. Program is so-so for me, but I'm happy she skated clean. Of course I'm happy for my girl, Anna! And the judging was very fair in this event, short of the punishment of Kanako, although I must say, the program isn't that good either. Looking forward to tomorrow. I hope Anna can hang on, but I have a feeling she cannot allow any mistakes. She's still not Russia's darling and I doubt she'll ever be so it always feels more than just good when she wins something against the 'darlings'.

sneakers

Match Penalty
unofficial russian ladies ranking

1 Medvedeva
2 Pogorilaya
3 Tsurskaya
4 Radionova
5 Sotskova
6 Lipnitskaia
7 Tuktamysheva

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Not a fan of Elizabet cutesy outfit which makes her look even younger.

Russian Nationals is going to be a bloodbath. I would have probably had Julia above Elena but it is shaping up to be a clear Russian sweep. So who will make Worlds? Evgenia and Anna seem a good bet but Julia, Elizaveta or Elena... who will get the third spot??

Maria will surprise you in the next GP event ;)

matcha

Medalist
Radio in front of Lip, like, idts judges!

Anna's programs are literally my favourite of all the ladies this season.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I haven't interpreted it as making fun of Lena at all Imo it looked like they were talking about being shown on tv screens in the arena thus waving & taking the mask off
Where ppl saw mocking is unexplainable to me *scratches head*...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I really thought Elizabet would hit 70+. And from look of things, on the brighter side of things, it is clear that she does in fact have ability to hit 70+ at the current state, because I'm guessing she probably lost about 3 points with the negative GOE and the deduction on the Axel. Also, it was clear that the fall made her spins go slow, which may have contributed to lower GOE. At least just for that, I am really glad even with the fall. :clap:

PS: would have still been better without a fall. :laugh:

It would have been interesting if she would have beaten Julia with that fall. I think Anna and Elena were to far ahead, but realistically I think she should have beaten Julia, if clean. Honestly, I don't see much difference between her and Evgenia, and if Evgenia can get these scores, why not her?

sneakers

Match Penalty
For some reason I think Elena looked so tall. Man, she really grew this year. Program is so-so for me, but I'm happy she skated clean. Of course I'm happy for my girl, Anna! And the judging was very fair in this event, short of the punishment of Kanako, although I must say, the program isn't that good either. Looking forward to tomorrow. I hope Anna can hang on, but I have a feeling she cannot allow any mistakes. She's still not Russia's darling and I doubt she'll ever be so it always feels more than just good when she wins something against the 'darlings'.

Anna needs to be clean in FS, or else "Cup of Russia Darling" Elena will win.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Zijun is so underscored on her PCS...I think she should've at least been ahead of Elizabet who had a fall. I would like to put her ahead of Radionova though.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Zijun is so underscored on her PCS...I think she should've at least been ahead of Elizabet who had a fall. I would like to put her ahead of Radionova though.
Hopefully the marks will come with consistency

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Radionova messes up her 2A (a 0 from one judge) and gets a personal best.

Li and Hicks go clean and get a couple points below their personal bests.

YASSS Rostelecom inflation!!!!! :laugh2: :dance3: :love: :party2: :popcorn: