2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think, of the top men, only Javier can do a convincing Elvis Presley. It's great crowd pleasing music.

I think he can still turn it up a little more. But he still did amazingly well, and thank god he's going to win after that overrated skate by Shoma...:clap:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That C/L in dance do programs that they know suit them but it can look like they are doing the same thing over and over and not pushing themselves artistically. I think the knock on Fernandez is that he does artistically safe programs that suit him.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Well... not as enjoyable as I'd hoped but I've seen some nice skates as well. Congratulations to the medalists: Javier, Shoma and Alexei :) :hap10:

jan

On the Ice
4+ higher then Chan at Skate Canada. That is unbelievable. He is not near his level.

Is it only me or any other person that can not understand how Xavier gets higher PCs than Patrick and Yuzuru?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
what does that mean ?

Cappellini/Lanotte, who tend to do the same style ---charming, swingy --- of programs year after year. Javi seems to do these charming American standard programs. But as we saw, he does them well.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists! I'm glad for the terrific men's event with less splatfest. :) I'm also happy with Elladj in the top 6.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Is it only me or any other person that can not understand how Xavier gets higher PCs than Patrick and Yuzuru?

Well Javi did skate the LP better here than Yuzu than Patrick so far - though in general I agree, he shouldn't get higher PCS than them.

That said, bored as I am with Javi recycling his programs, compared to Shoma's scores I actually thought he got lowballed... :slink:

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
A nice satisfying end to the Men's section of this competition. Bychenko shocking everyone with his bronze. Yes, I don't get his program at all but he made sure the judges couldn't count him out.
Shoma doing very well and qualifying for the GPF. His landings make me weep inside. I love him and Satoko so much but I can't look at the jump re-plays without shaking my head.
Javi was amazing. Keeping his cool in the face of young up and comers. Excellent.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow, Javier. Great program and deserved victory. And Shoma is at the GPF!! Yes, a great day! Looking forward to the ladies now.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

in the SP is was to still give him an outrageously good score so he could still win
in the FS it is because he skated clean unlike Chan or Yuzu.

It is not fair but clean skates do get a mad boost in PCS

s_parks

Record Breaker
Admittedly I'm not a fan of Fernandez, but his pcs is ridiculous. Yes, he had a great skate and has a lot of quality, but let's not pretend his skating is at Chan/Hanyu's level... come on. But, getting higher pcs for clean skates is nothing new.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Shoma paid for his combos not being there today. Well done, cutie, though! You've done enough for GPF. Not your weekend but you've done enough.

And then Javi took his opportunity! Well done! Really on today. I like the programme.