2016 Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well now that the Shibs had exorcised its curse in China -- I guess it had to strike someone else. Sorry Ashley.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Whaaaaat? Liza had 64 in PCS and Mai only 62???? Someone wanted Liza on that podium so much....

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Feel sorry for Mai. But she's still so juniorish so I cannot get too worked up about it.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Underwhelming ladies FS segment. Mai's alarmed reaction to her score is heart-breaking.

Nathan13

Medalist
Well could it be like 4 Russians, Kaetlyn at this rate and either Wakaba/Satoko? Evgenia's already in - Elena will be in now that she's won this competition, Anna P, Maria S.?
I think it will be Anna P., Evgenia, Elena, (likely) Satoko, Kaetlyn and then either Maria S. or Wakaba--depending on who beats who at NHK.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
well I guessed Lena's place right. That's about it. I expected Kaetlyn to bomb more and Ashley to bomb less tbh

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
However, GPF is not a requirement to get on the World Podium. Ask Anna P. or D10. :)

However, I'm concerned for the state of U.S. Ladies at the moment....I hope Karen Chen, Mirai Nagasu, Bradie Tennell and Mariah Bell give some hope at their respective comps next week.

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
on a positive note for Kaetlyn : first time this year she lands both her opening big combos !!! happy with this... silver lining.. silver medal and gpf berth... happy camper here

Me too!! :) It's so exciting to have a Canadian woman in the GP Final!!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
GB is fired! I might have to go and deflate him.

So.. no Ashley in the GPF? That's shocking. I might have picked her to win here.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ok, what does this reference to carrots mean? I think I missed the boat on that one.

The > used to show underrotations on the protocols are nicknamed 'carrots'. Shin Amano (one of the tech callers here) is known to be suuuuuuuuper strict about them

gibbynka

On the Ice
:-( I wanted Ashley to make the GPF 5th year in a row :( But I guess that can't happen now.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Poor Mai! But Well done Elizaveta and Elena! They both gritted it out and this is a good podium.
Mai has a lot to look forward to and she'll come back for nationals mad and ready to do better.