2016 Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies FS

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Huge Congratulations to Elena!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::clap::clap::clap::hap57::hap57::hap85::hap85: That's a Champion for being a fighter!!!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darn - Mai took bronze at SA and I was hoping for another bronze here. Not a fan of Elena's scratchy landing jumps with no flow out and snow flying.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Calm down,
She still has a lot of life to live ;)

I know, but she could make a strong argument to Japanese Fed. Oh well, better luck next time I guess. She still has done well, I'm just dissapointed in placement.

valerieally

On the Ice
Sotskova will have to medal next week, at least a silver and Pogorilaya will have to finish no lower than 4th. Miyahara will need to win or maybe a silver. Higuchi will be there as well.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Whaaaaat? Liza had 64 in PCS and Mai only 62???? Someone wanted Liza on that podium so much....

Liza = WC + Russian + Dark Mumu power
vs
Mai = Junior tinker bell + inexperience + little known

No chance... actually Mai's PCS is actually rather generous i thought for a newbie, she is from Japan afterall, consider Zijun only received 58 skating at home, and Karen received 61 here.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Elena is getting lucky with all her landings.

I don't think it's luck, she lands them through sheer force of will sometimes. I do wonder though, if she's so good at landing iffy jumps that her team has never really needed to work on her jump quality. I do think the iffy jumps take away from the overall program, esp when you are skating to music like Turandot.
Regardless, still super happy for Lena :love:. People count her out but she's a fighter.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Didn't you know? 500 crossovers in a program equals good PCS, as long as all the jumps were technically fine!

:palmf:

Yeah :hopelessness: Loosing in TR to Liza is laughable, Mai at least attempted some, unlike Liza...

frida80

Record Breaker
Shin Amano happened to Ashley

She developed a love of carrots ;)

Honestly it was way better than her score might have you think.

Heart is breaking for Mai

:palmf:

I knew underrotations were a problem for her last comp, but I hoped would come out with fire and leave no room for doubt. This is the first time in what? Four seasons that Ashley won't be going to the GPF? Plus her TES is just as low as Gracie from last week and only four points higher than Mirai's from SC. What's going on with US ladies this season.

Oh well, I'm going to check out their skates on YouTube now.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Come on my girls please skate well and without regrets
Cheers to 君君, 子荃 & 香香 :clapper:

And sincerely Lena you'll nail this! I'm seeing some of the Lena who took my heart two years ago in this SP yesterday! Puberty has been hard on you but you're such a fighter and have fought to keep your standards. I love you dearly for that :hap10:

Phew, didn't jinx Lena. Huge huge congrats!!!