2016 Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies FS

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I won't proclaim Anna for sure into the GPF since she already won 1 GP.

Remember what happened to Anna last year at NHK? And clearly what happened here with Ashley. :slink:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Amano doesn't care for that. He had no problem hammering Japanese skaters too (he did it with Rika yesterday, remember?)

The skating needs more people like Amano in technical panel. It has been so wrong towards other skaters in many competitions as some skaters get away with UR´s and double-footing...

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I won't proclaim Anna for sure into the GPF since she already won 1 GP.

Remember what happened to Anna last year at NHK? And clearly what happened here with Ashley. :slink:

Of course it's just probable projections,

There can be a major upset with Tursynbaeva and Chartrand medaling at NHK and then everything will change ;)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Happy for Lena and Liza! Good for Kaetlyn too:)
So right now the final looks like Zhenia, Lena, Kaetlyn - 100%, Anna, Satoko - great possibility. The better question is who is 3d?? Maria or any japanese?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Oh wow, my poor predictions. I missed everything again as this is the worst time possible but holy hell, what happened Ashley?! Got to catch up after the men.
Congratulations Elena, Kaetlyn and Elizaveta! (yay Elizaveta, I'm so happy for her!)

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
How do you underrotate a half loop? Does it become a quarter loop? *brain explodes*

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The skating needs more people like Amano in technical panel. It has been so wrong towards other skaters in many competitions as some skaters get away with UR´s and double-footing...
I agree and I don't worry too much about Ashley, she just wasn't at her best at this competition. The current field is very strong, small mistakes are costly.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It'll be the first time in five years Ashley won't be at GPF. :sad21:

However, My Girl Ashley always finds a silver lining:rock: in every pourin-down raincloud. She'll take this experience and move forward. Work hard and work her magic. I hope. What I know is, she'll Get Up and fight through.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i was very happy looking at the protocols... it makes me happy when i feel a jump is not rotated and the carrot appears on the protocol... there were many today unfortunately but it seemed fair...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Liza is the highlight of the FS today for me despite two mistakes, but her mistakes look relatively small compared to her competitors. Elena won the title, but her jump landings are so....iffy. During Liza's performance, I thought her spins got much better, so assuming that Lambiel helped her for that. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nice podium, but would have been better if Ashley can join them :(

This is not the US Nationals, else she could get a pewter medal standing next to Liza. Some call it potato medal but it's more of a carrot for Ashley.