Gracie Gold | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm surprised all top level athletes don't always have a sports psychologist on hand and not just when things go south. Being an elite athlete is mentally and physically taxing, and the least you can do is have a therapist/psychologist to talk to.

I remember a couple of years ago around the Sochi Olympics reading a piece about Mikael Kingsbury (a Canadian moguls skier who was a gold medal contender). It was basically about him being sort of extraordinarily mentally strong and how his whole team decided it was best to just not mess with that, so he didn't do anything with a sports psychologist. He's now one of the most decorated moguls skiers of all time, so I guess it worked for him.

I mention this not to say that other athletes should be like that, but because I remember having the distinct impression reading that article that it was considered at least somewhat rare that he not be working with a sports psychologist. He seemed very much to be the exception. Now different sport, I know, but being pre-Olympic coverage, it had a fairly general lens of winter athletes IIRC.

Back on Gracie, I hope she's able to put in a good performance at Nats. It's not fun to watch an athlete struggle.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Gracie is ready for nationals and doing much better after her time with Alex:

http://www.globetrottingbyphiliphersh.com/home/2017/1/12/gracie-gold-im-forgiving-myself-for-failing

:hap85::hap85::hap85:

Thanks a lot for posting it, KatGrace, a great read indeed! :thank:

Carroll said it was he who suggested Ouriashev after Denise Gold had mentioned some other coaches.

"Whether we (Carroll and Ouriashev) do things a little differently isn't important," Carroll said. "If anything helps anybody, I'm open to that.

:thumbsup:

princessalica

Final Flight
Really hope we get reports on if Gracie shows up to practice tonight, and how she skates. I'm so excited to see her skate again!

pjskater

Rinkside
Is anyone else (being a Gracie fan) a nervous wreck to watch her skate on Thursday? I just want her to skate well for her own confidence and am so worried what it will do to her if she doesn't. She doesn't have to be perfect or win, just want to see a bit of the old Gracie back! Anyways wishing her all the best!!:luv17:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Is anyone else (being a Gracie fan) a nervous wreck to watch her skate on Thursday? I just want her to skate well for her own confidence and am so worried what it will do to her if she doesn't. She doesn't have to be perfect or win, just want to see a bit of the old Gracie back! Anyways wishing her all the best!!:luv17:

I was feeling very nervous about it, then I saw some tweets on her state. Gracie is making a lot of mistakes in practice but according to them she is on the attack and looks confident and strong. So no matter what happens it is clear she is on the upswing.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I leave tomorrow for KC and can't wait to see her skate, I may be biting my nails and doing this {{:palmf:}}, but I know it will be exciting.

pjskater

Rinkside
I leave tomorrow for KC and can't wait to see her skate, I may be biting my nails and doing this {{:palmf:}}, but I know it will be exciting.
I hope you have a great time. I talked myself out of going and now I really regret it. Have fun! I don't think I can watch live but I'll tape and hope for the best.

princessalica

Final Flight
LOL, it makes me want to quote "Into the Woods" - It "made me feel excited-
Well, excited and scared."

Read more: Into The Woods - I Know Things Now Lyrics | MetroLyrics

narcissa

Record Breaker
Decent skate, she fought for the lutz! If she does well in the free, she'll be on the podium for sure.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Goondess, the Gracie Gold haters and critics have come out of the woodwork with conspiracys of her perpetual overscoring again... These so called experts get on my nerves, I'm so glad they're not judges.

pjskater

Rinkside
I haven't watched yet, should I? Don't care about placement, just if she had a good skate. I haven't even read the details yet....

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I haven't watched yet, should I? Don't care about placement, just if she had a good skate. I haven't even read the details yet....

She had a pretty good skate, she doubled her flip and that is it. She looked happy with it and she looked like she had a fire in her gut.

Now the Gracie haters are calling her washed up and saying she should retire again. Others are making comments that show they have no clue whats been going on with her.

Anyhow. I juggled lemons while watching her skate. It surprisingly works! I was much calmer!

pjskater

Rinkside
She had a pretty good skate, she doubled her flip and that is it. She looked happy with it and she looked like she had a fire in her gut.

Now the Gracie haters are calling her washed up and saying she should retire again. Others are making comments that show they have no clue whats been going on with her.

Anyhow. I juggled lemons while watching her skate. It surprisingly works! I was much calmer!

Thanks, yeah I need to stay off these forums because there is so much negativity about her which I just don't get at all. This is the only safe one because it's hopefully just her fans. I just hope she doesn't hear any of the hate! Hope your juggling helps Saturday night. 😊