Gracie Gold | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

narcissa

Record Breaker
Only having 1 GP spot is not going to cut it for her Olympic season. She's still a favorite for gold even with her dreadful season if she comes back and shows different form.

narcissa

Record Breaker
Honestly, I wouldn't be all too surprised if she comes back next season STRONGER THAN EVER with most of her mental issues mostly solved (if not solved, then 10000x better). I would love to see her absolutely kill it and come back and win an Olympic medal. That will make Frank look reaallyyyyy bad, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if her coaching relationship is the reason behind her downward mental spiral. I mean, IF Gracie could actually be doing the 3Loop instead of the 3F in the SP and Frank insisted on the 3F for whatever reason, I would blame at least a portion of her mental struggles on that. Being apprehensive about the 3F/focusing all of her mental power on landing it and neglecting the rest of her program/losing heart and phoning in the rest of the competition because she fell or doubled the flip and took herself out of medal contention, well, there's only so much of that you can do before you start to hate skating and competing.

And while we were all speculating that there has to be other reasons behind the 3F, looking at how clearly dysfunctional in hindsight Gracie and Frank were, it may ultimately have been due to a colossal lack of communication and planning.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I definitely believe this could happen. Gracie has everything she needs to succeed withot Frank, especially if she goes back to Alex and gets that technical strength in full return.

kalee

On the Ice
Only having 1 GP spot is not going to cut it for her Olympic season.

This season, all the skaters (regardless of country) who qualified for at least 1 guaranteed GP spot ended up getting 2. So, fully expect Gracie to get her 2 spots next year.

Tutto

Record Breaker
As distressing as all this has been I feel relieved in a way that that limbo situation Gracie was for a good while is now over. Nothing is worse than uncertainty. She has no choice now but to change a lot of things in her life and a fresh start is what she needs. I hope it will be a turning point for Gracie. She will come back stronger I believe in her more than ever.

pjskater

Rinkside
This is a question from another board which I shouldn't have been on (not following my own advice...). What is a "snowflake"? I must be old.... but boy that person was nasty, again why I shouldn't be looking at the other boards, too sad and discouraging for me. But I just had to ask because I feel clueless - never heard of that term.

Ahh.. just looked it up. Interesting that is was involved in the election stuff (why should that be a surprise)? I'm not young but I'd be glad to be as beautiful and as graceful as a snowflake.

Last edited:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I have generally seen "Special Snowflake" used as a way to call millenials entitled spoiled brats. It's used politically to dismiss the opinions of people who are young.

It kinda ties into being called the entitlement generation or the participation trophy generation. It is derogatory and mostly used dismissively.

pjskater

Rinkside
Thanks for explaining that. Did you see the video posted by TSL? I was watching something else and saw it posted. The comments were so hateful. I don't get why there is such hate out there - for what reason, what has she ever done to these people? I guess it's just a sad example of this crazy world. Anyways I commented which I don't ever do - but just couldn't stop myself. Thank god this season is over. She will be okay and I truly hope she does whatever is right for her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Can anyone make an imaginary layout that would allow Gracie to not use the flip? It's probably going to be like Yuna's layout but since it's basically her Achilles heel, I'm wondering if it would work better.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for explaining that. Did you see the video posted by TSL? I was watching something else and saw it posted. The comments were so hateful. I don't get why there is such hate out there - for what reason, what has she ever done to these people? I guess it's just a sad example of this crazy world. Anyways I commented which I don't ever do - but just couldn't stop myself. Thank god this season is over. She will be okay and I truly hope she does whatever is right for her.

She's unfortunate enough to be both stunningly beautiful and a very talented skater. I think the combination is too much for some people to handle.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

I was on there, I was commenting back to some of those people. It is ridiculous, you can tell how much she is holding back there, that she wanted to vent and break down.

People have hated her for years for seemingly no reason. It comes down to, people do tear down those who are the combination of beautiful, successful and seemingly wealthy. Graice has had success and would have won that worlds gold with no mistakes. When she was on top of the short people were railing against her, calling the results fixed, calling her a horrible skater and calling her a horrible person. At no point were any of these accusations true.

Gracie has always been one of the kindest girls and most gracious competitors. None of her competitors have anything bad to say about her. There is nothing we can do about the spite filled people of this world. What we can do is to continue to support her.

It was after seeing the hate Gracie endured that I decided not to ever believe the worst about any of the skaters I watched. I am enjoying what every person offers to the sport without trying to tear down the competitors of my favorites, which is partially what comes into play. Medvedeva fans hate Gracie because she has been a competitor to Medvedeva. It's sad because these skaters are class acts and don't tear each other down. Their fans shouldn't either.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Can anyone make an imaginary layout that would allow Gracie to not use the flip? It's probably going to be like Yuna's layout but since it's basically her Achilles heel, I'm wondering if it would work better.

In the short they could change it to a loop or salchow. Either of them would be more consistent.

pjskater

Rinkside
Excellent points. I didn't watch whatever the latest one is, the one I watched was the interviews after the long and it was obvious to me that she was trying not to cry, amazing strength in her. You know I didn't even watch the long programs. It was a mistake to comment though; the backlash is too much for me. I need to stop posting and reading. I don't have Gracie's strength! I hope you continue to love skating and support the skaters. :agree:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
After finally having a bit of a break from school work, here's what I formulized.
(Please correct me if anything is wrong!)

Short:
1. the double as a starting jump
2A
----
3Lz-3T
3Lo

2. using a 3Lz-3Lo
*Okay this is likely impossible but her loop is one of best jumps that it could warrant being in a combo. This is probably for the dreams.
3Lz-3Lo
----
3S
2A

Long:
I'm not going to propose any layouts but this would what her jump content will be like:
3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 3S, 2A, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3Lo-2T, 2A

This won't allow her to do another 3T combo but the way 3F is an impenetrable wall for her, I really think she should stay away from it for now to gain back confidence. If she works on her stamina, she can move a lot of her jumps in the second half to gain more points.

Last edited:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Excellent points. I didn't watch whatever the latest one is, the one I watched was the interviews after the long and it was obvious to me that she was trying not to cry, amazing strength in her. You know I didn't even watch the long programs. It was a mistake to comment though; the backlash is too much for me. I need to stop posting and reading. I don't have Gracie's strength! I hope you continue to love skating and support the skaters. :agree:

I will always love skating and I've been enjoying growing up and finding kinda my own personal philosophy of support for all people I see and meet.

I find it childish how people are acting on the forums about Gracie. I was taught when I was young that whatever name you call someone else is actually a reflection of who you are, I watch this play out all the time on here. I wish we didn't live in such a divisive world but that is life.

After finally having a bit of a break from school work, here's what I formulized.
(Please correct me if anything is wrong!)

Short:
1. the double as a starting jump
2A
----
3Lz-3T
3Lo

2. using a 3Lz-3Lo
*Okay this is likely impossible but her loop is one of best jumps that it could warrant being in a combo. This is probably for the dreams.
3Lz-3Lo
----
3S
2A

Long:
I'm not going to propose any layouts but this would what her jump content will be like:
3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 3S, 2A, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3Lo-2T, 2A

This won't allow her to do another 3T combo but the way 3F is an impenetrable wall for her, I really think she should stay away from it for now to gain back confidence. If she works on her stamina, she can move a lot of her jumps in the second half to gain more points.

I'd add a 3T to one of the 2A instead of the 3L-2T. She does that combo very well. Especially the 2A-3T-2T.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I only see one triple toe in your layout, she can do two.

But in @sunnystar's layout Gracie would do two triple loops and lutzes so she can't do another triple toe. But I still think that she should have flip in her program. Right now it's impossible for someone to miss jump like Yuna could.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
But in @sunnystar's layout Gracie would do two triple loops and lutzes so she can't do another triple toe. But I still think that she should have flip in her program. Right now it's impossible for someone to miss jump like Yuna could.

What exactly are the Zayak rules? I am not well versed in how they effect the jump layouts.