Gracie Gold | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
=Edelweiss;1624821... I sense she's trying to exclusively use an attempt at positivity to block out fears and nerves...but I think for her to come back and be a/the world beater she can be...she needs to face her fear/doubt/nerves and kill it, not block it.

Well, I don't know. Did you ever read the book There's No Such Thing as a Dragon?

I agree that blocking the fear/doubt out doesn't seem to be working, but rather than kill it, maybe accepting it, then figuring out how to make it work for her, could be better for her as a person and as a skater. Easier said than done, of course.

I am really really curious, almost anxious, to find out who's going to be her coach. Maybe she's taking plenty of time and interviewing that line of coaches waiting outside the door that Scotty H. alluded to. I suppose taking her time would serve her well. Anyone taking bets as to who it will be, or who you think it should be? As a game to amuse ourselves? Well, maybe I should put my money where my mouth is ... only metaphorically of course. I vote that she goes to Kori Ade. I stubbornly return to thinking that's who Gracie needs, even more than Alex.

Any thoughts?

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Well, I don't know. Did you ever read the book There's No Such Thing as a Dragon?

I agree that blocking the fear/doubt out doesn't seem to be working, but rather than kill it, maybe accepting it, then figuring out how to make it work for her, could be better for her as a person and as a skater. Easier said than done, of course.

I am really really curious, almost anxious, to find out who's going to be her coach. Maybe she's taking plenty of time and interviewing that line of coaches waiting outside the door that Scotty H. alluded to. I suppose taking her time would serve her well. Anyone taking bets as to who it will be, or who you think it should be? As a game to amuse ourselves? Well, maybe I should put my money where my mouth is ... only metaphorically of course. I vote that she goes to Kori Ade. I stubbornly return to thinking that's who Gracie needs, even more than Alex.

Any thoughts?

I actually vote Marina, with Alex on the team to help with jumps.

frida80

Record Breaker
This makes me excited! Wishing her the best...hope to see her in top form next season :)

I think Marina will be a good coach for her. To help her build her confidence up again just in time for the Olympic season.

I have to give it to Marina. She sees a opportunity and goes for it.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank: Thank you for posting frida80. Very interesting indeed! Plus I like that if she needs Alex's jump help, she is a 45 minute flight away (or a 5 hour drive in non-winter weather). So I guess the question is -- is it permanent? is it a trial? is she just in town and practicing (seems unlikely)? Inquiring minds want to know! :laugh: Whatever the case -- Gracie don't look back, just keep looking forward! :rock:

Barb

Record Breaker
I think this is very fast. She should take a longer break, nationals was only 2 weeks ago :shocked:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Marina could just be choreographing something for her.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I think this is very fast. She should take a longer break, nationals was only 2 weeks ago :shocked:

She is a worlds alternate, and even though the chances of her skating at worlds are slim, part of her job as an alternate is to continue to train.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Another environment could make all the difference. And not having a coach only a year prior to the Olympics can't be a great feeling, she can take a break after she's sorted this out. I think that I've mentioned before that I think that Marina would be a great coach for her. And she could still work with Alex O., I think Marina would support that. So I hope for Gracie that this works out in her best interest.

princessalica

Final Flight
Since Gracie has trained there between coaches before I think it is a logical place for her to work. It doesn't matter at the moment if marina becomes her coach or if she just is there in between. It's a good place for her to train for the time being.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that I've mentioned before that I think that Marina would be a great coach for her. And she could still work with Alex O., I think Marina would support that.

Well, it would work I guess as long as Alex agreed to be relegated to "jump coach." Remember how Marina referred to Rafael Arutunyan as the jump coach and made the TDF people list herself as Nathan Chen's only coach, despite Raf having coached Nathan since 2011.

Don't get me wrong, I've admired and loved Marina since she choreographed G&G to the 88 olympics. The situation with Nathan and Raf opened my eyes to how strict she is about who's credited with what.

I agree with others that it's great for Gracie to be with Marina right now, whether it's in transition, as she did before, or leading to a more permanent agreement. She sure looks happy in the picture!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well, it would work I guess as long as Alex agreed to be relegated to "jump coach." Remember how Marina referred to Rafael Arutunyan as the jump coach and made the TDF people list herself as Nathan Chen's only coach, despite Raf having coached Nathan since 2011.

Don't get me wrong, I've admired and loved Marina since she choreographed G&G to the 88 olympics. The situation with Nathan and Raf opened my eyes to how strict she is about who's credited with what.

I agree with others that it's great for Gracie to be with Marina right now, whether it's in transition, as she did before, or leading to a more permanent agreement. She sure looks happy in the picture!
Didn't Nathan say something like that he was told to go back to Arutunyan? And Arutunyan said that Nathan really started to listen only a couple of months ago? I think that many things were going on in the background.
But yes, Marina always wants to be credited. And she did package Nathan nicely this season. She's great at organizing and getting her skaters into the right mindset for competition. That's what Gracie needs imo. I think that Alex O. would be willing to help out, he already did that and it can only help his reputation.
Because let's be honest - I don't think that many coaches are brave enough to take Gracie so shortly before the next Olympics. Marina isn't afraid.

narcissa

Record Breaker
So glad to see her working so hard even though she could just lay low for a while. I suppose, as first alternate to 4CC, she could be called, but I doubt she will be for Worlds. I'm glad she's trying out new coaches -- sometimes that's all you need to take the next step in your skating.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
She's got this!

Update on the encouragement project, I only have 6 messages sent in from contributers. If you would like to contribute you still have time!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't Nathan say something like that he was told to go back to Arutunyan? And Arutunyan said that Nathan really started to listen only a couple of months ago? I think that many things were going on in the background.
But yes, Marina always wants to be credited. And she did package Nathan nicely this season. She's great at organizing and getting her skaters into the right mindset for competition. That's what Gracie needs imo. I think that Alex O. would be willing to help out, he already did that and it can only help his reputation.
Because let's be honest - I don't think that many coaches are brave enough to take Gracie so shortly before the next Olympics. Marina isn't afraid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, interesting point. Someone said Marina excels in the area of mentally preparing her athletes for competition. One of the reasons I'm so curious to see which way Gracie is going to jump is that, as everyone knows, she went to Frank only months before the Olympics, and that turned out to be arguably her best competitive season so far. It suggests to me that Gracie thrives in, and/or likes, the honeymoon period with a new coach.

princessalica

Final Flight
Did youall see she's going to be on the today show tomorrow? I've already set it to record. She's skating in Rockefeller center.