Gracie Gold | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

breadstal

Record Breaker
What exactly are the Zayak rules? I am not well versed in how they effect the jump layouts.

That means that you can do only two types of triples (for example; lutz and toe loop) twice in your free. So you can have Two Lutzes, two toe loops but not two salchows etc. There was skater called Zayak, I don't remember her name and she was doing tons of toe loops because it was her only really good jumps so ISU changed it and it is called 'Zayak rule'. You can only do two 2A as well.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
That means that you can do only two types of triples (for example; lutz and toe loop) twice in your free. So you can have Two Lutzes, two toe loops but not two salchows etc. There was skater called Zayak, I don't remember her name and she was doing tons of toe loops because it was her only really good jumps so ISU changed it and it is called 'Zayak rule'. You can only do two 2A as well.

I knew the history of it. I just misinterpreted part of the rule, I thought you could only have two of any jump not the two of two types of triples thing.

It seems like a rule that needs a bit of updating. The sport needs to allow a bit more creativity in combos and layouts.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I knew the history of it. I just misinterpreted part of the rule, I thought you could only have two of any jump not the two of two types of triples thing.

It seems like a rule that needs a bit of updating. The sport needs to allow a bit more creativity in combos and layouts.

I think men have one more jump? But I'm not sure since I'm not following them but their layout always look longer for me. I agree also you can do only one 3 jumps combo :/

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I think men have one more jump? But I'm not sure since I'm not following them but their layout always look longer for me. I agree also you can do only one 3 jumps combo :/

The men have 8 jumping passes currently but I believe that will be reduced.

The rules need some revision because they seem be holding skaters back. Evgenia can do harder combos but they're invalid due to the Zayak rules.

Nathan13

Medalist
Who does everyone think will be Gracie's new coach? I know Alex is probably the favorite, but I'm excited thinking of all the possibilities...:biggrin:

jacky

On the Ice
good luck too gracie and too finding a new coach. I love her skating and I hope she will find someone that will work well with her and too help her with her needs too improve and become a great skater.

Edelweiss

Spectator
I'm not going to go into my pedigree here (and I understand people are different), but it seems to me that Gracie knows the answer, she knows the truth...but she doesn't truly believe what she needs to. I sense she's trying to exclusively use an attempt at positivity to block out fears and nerves...but I think for her to come back and be a/the world beater she can be...she needs to face her fear/doubt/nerves and kill it, not block it. Otherwise there will always be the doubt that can pop up...she can't be mentally distracted to wall her fear and still focus on being her best. When you watch Medvedev skate...you don't read or sense doubt at all. I watched Gracie skate in KC...in the group warm-ups, I read concern/distraction.

I don't know the first thing about skating, but I would advise her to mentally strip away all ego (forget she accomplished anything - remove all trophies and stuffed animals), go find a no-frills rink somewhere with a coach and train with a massive chip on her shoulder. First she trains to kick her doubt's butt on whatever the list of items are that concern her...then she trains to compete against the field. And if I were her, I would skate to the theme from the baseball movie, "The Natural" when she does come back. Ultimately though, hopefully whomever is coaching her advises her to first face her fear and be strong...kill it...thoroughly.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I am so excited for Stars on Ice this year, because I will be bringing the encouragement book. Her get up post was awesome. If anyone has submissions, get them in!