Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Come on, we all agree that Shoma was overscored, even Shoma himself! No need to keep on moaning about it. The difference, imho, is that Cup of China is in China, and if someone should be overscored in China it is the Chinese Skater. Same in Japan. They wanted a Japanese Victor and it's not if Shoma lost all ability to skate. He was obviously exhausted and still tired from 4CC.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Where does Patrick come into this competition? I mean, he's ethnically Chinese but that's about it... :scratch2:

I think we can be upset at the final result while being happy for some of the skaters. For me Misha, Mura, and Han Yan were highlights. Kinda wish there was a pewter medal so we could've seen Mura on the podium too.

apple123

On the Ice
tl;dr 4everchan's favourite at this comp "won" in a highly controversial result ergo 4everchan wants to shut down the conversation surrounding the win.

Look, I'm still happy and shrieking and falling off my couch that Brendan got 237. But that doesn't mean I'm not also seething for the SECOND TIME THIS SEASON that Boyang was robbed blind by someone else being RIDICULOUSLY overscored in the SP!

Glad I'm not the only one who see through his act.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Where does Patrick come into this competition? I mean, he's ethnically Chinese but that's about it... :scratch2:

If he was brought into this conversation - and it wasn't me who brought him in - then it was probably in context of the other occasion on which Boyang was robbed, when Chan's grossly overscored SP at CoC caused a wrong result there.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

I think we can be upset at the final result while being happy for some of the skaters. For me Misha, Mura, and Han Yan were highlights. Kinda wish there was a pewter medal so we could've seen Mura on the podium too.

What I meant to say that in CoC Boyang should have been favoured as it was his Home GP. Shoma doesn't have a Home GP, since he doesn't skate at NHK, so think of Asian Games as his Home GP.

apple123

On the Ice
Come on, we all agree that Shoma was overscored, even Shoma himself! No need to keep on moaning about it. The difference, imho, is that Cup of China is in China, and if someone should be overscored in China it is the Chinese Skater. Same in Japan. They wanted a Japanese Victor and it's not if Shoma lost all ability to skate. He was obviously exhausted and still tired from 4CC.
You do know none of the Chinese skaters received home ice boost at COC. Jin even lost to Chan by a tiny bit. Now you are twisting the facts to defend Shoma? Wow. Shame on you.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker

Not true, had Chinese fed doing something for Boyang , Boyang should have won coc and make GPF, but yes, at Cup of China Patrick beat him with fraction because of ridiculously overscored SP. so no, not all feds politick for their skaters.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Obligatory : Spidy-Jin wuzrobbed? :(

Meh. Some people are willing to write essays about overscoring for some even when the placements wouldn't have been effected but when placements are on the line, as long as the results were to their liking, it's all "accept the terrible judging and be happy. Why bother arguing/discussing?" :rolleye:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tl;dr 4everchan's favourite at this comp "won" in a highly controversial result ergo 4everchan wants to shut down the conversation surrounding the win.

Look, I'm still happy and shrieking and falling off my couch that Brendan got 237. But that doesn't mean I'm not also seething for the SECOND TIME THIS SEASON that Boyang was robbed blind by someone else being RIDICULOUSLY overscored in the SP!

my faves at this competition

ermm DENIS :) for ever denis ten :)

Han :) who skated like a champ

MCM ;) gotta love that boy

wait for it karne
BRENDAN :) i ijust love his skating... and he looks like my ex.. 5 years of unconditional love you know... makes me weak for Brendan and the ex was half australian

then we go to
Shoma
and boyang...

so... how is it that my ultimate favourite won this comp... well patrick chan wasn't even there... he was robbed because he is asian and not even invited :) LOL

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
so... ho is it that my ultimate favourite won this comp... well patrick chan wasn't even there... he was robbed because he is asian and not even invited :) LOL

Obligatory: he gets dragged in here nonetheless. He is still the favorite bashing target. I take the implication as the silver lining. :)

However, it would be nice if Patrick's haters would be phony and compliment him instead.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Obligatory: he gets dragged in here nonetheless. He is still the favorite bashing target. I take the implication as the silver lining. :)

However, it would be nice if Patrick's haters would be phony and complement him instead.

haters can compliment him...
i am the only one who can complement him

OMG i am way too funny

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
my faves at this competition

ermm DENIS :) for ever denis ten :)

Han :) who skated like a champ

MCM ;) gotta love that boy

wait for it karne
BRENDAN :) i ijust love his skating... and he looks like my ex.. 5 years of unconditional love you know... makes me weak for Brendan and the ex was half australian

then we go to
Shoma
and boyang...

so... how is it that my ultimate favourite won this comp... well patrick chan wasn't even there... he was robbed because he is asian and not even invited :) LOL

Oh come on, that's one lame attempt. A bit of trying to change the subject + you like Boyang as much as Shoma? Yeah, sure you do.
(And you are free to like Shoma more than Boyang of course, but claiming you like Boyang as much to make your opinion look more reasonable or something, ew)

This competition was like Japanese nationals. They wanted Shoma to win no matter what and even ignored his URs. Of course he isn't to blame for the scoring, but the scoring sucks.
Ah, back when Japanese national events weren't up on the list of laughing stocks, those were good times. How far they've fallen.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
Let's get technical. Shoma's 4loop should be downgraded but not, his 3lz didn't get the edge call, his 3f in the combo should be URed, and some judges gave his 4F +1 GOE. It's just eye-opening. I'm truly speechless.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Not true, had Chinese fed doing something for Boyang , Boyang should have won coc and make GPF, but yes, at Cup of China Patrick beat him with fraction because of ridiculously overscored SP. so no, not all feds politick for their skaters.

Yes, exactly what I was saying? Sorry, sometimes I'm not getting my point across. Blame it on an early morning, my less than stellar english and no coffee. I think Boyang should be more supported by his fed, like they should politick him harder.