Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Oh that stream works for me for once. But I'm not sure if I can stand Tom. The little I've heard of him has been more than enough.

Edit: The Sapporo one still works fine, so back to that one.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Glad to see that summary. Don't think I realized how well China did in dance. Good for them! I know they're strong in pairs. Glad to see the N. Korean pair on the podium too.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Whoops, completely forgot about this, was watching the Challenge Cup. Hope I didn't miss too much. I can watch both at the same time, sorta. ;-)

breadstal

Record Breaker
Just checked and North Korean pair is PRK's only medal in this year's AWG :clap:

Last edited:

bobbob

Medalist
Boyang is truly a sportsman. How many times have the judges over-scored his opponents and made him lose? He never complains and take it graciously. But you know it's hurt. Well, let's just say karma has its own way.

True...but he got the World Bronze last year, and that's the most important one :D

Anyways, I was surprised two-fall Shoma won, and got higher PCS than Han Yan...I would have him third, Boyang first and Han Yan second. It seems like Shoma is jumping on the general craze of doing as many hard jumps as possible without paying any attention to cleanliness or overall composition of the program--not a good overall program. Believe it or not I wouldve given Boyang both higher tes and higher PCS...Boyang had better skating tonight. (Han's was even better, but weaker technically)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoops, completely forgot about this, was watching the Challenge Cup. Hope I didn't miss too much. I can watch both at the same time, sorta. ;-)

I came in towards the end of the kids with the flags. So, I don't think there was much before that.

Chris and Kana are the first performers.

I thought Tom was going to talk the whole way through Kana and Chris' routine! :drama: But, I think somebody prodded him in the side and told him to shut up.

Thank goodness! Because that routine had narrative, and we missed the start of the story! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why is Dabin performing so early? I guess there won't be many performances.

It's just the winners that are performing.

This isn't a proper Gala. It's the Closing Ceremony, incorporating a few figure skating exhibition routines.

CaroLiza_fan

breadstal

Record Breaker
It's just the winners that are performing.

This isn't a proper Gala. It's the Closing Ceremony, incorporating a few figure skating exhibition routines.

CaroLiza_fan

I know it's Closing ceremony :laugh: I wrote it before but I thought it will be longer when Japanese ice dancers skated.

OniBan

Final Flight
The most interesting discovery from these protocols. Boyang got Step Sequence 4... but Shoma didn't. :rofl2:

Shoma also got only 4.4 points on that first jump O_O (all judges gave solid -3 goe)
Could've done a solid 3S for the same base value and positive GOE when he lands it >.<

I do agree with Shoma's PCS being higher though - still felt like Boyang needs more polish overall in that department.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I want to add a Hanee appreciation post.
Other than his popped 3A (WHYYYY??) these were the jumps I fell in love with when I first saw him. So high, and with such confident landings with great flow and speed afterwards. None of the other competitors came close to the quality of Han's jumps in the Free skate.
Mura brought some pretty huge jumps to the table as well, but was less rotated and tighter on the landings, but just a little.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Boxers alert. I'm glad he is 19 now or I'd feel weirder noticing.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Shoma has this uncanny ability to make me appreciate white pants and a jeans-ish blue shirt as a skating outfit. :luv17:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tom: "No kiss and cry here..."

For a second there I thought he was going to break into the "kiss and cry" story again!

:eek: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan