Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

OniBan

Final Flight
Tom: "No kiss and cry here..."

For a second there I thought he was going to break into the "kiss and cry" story again!

:eek: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

i have to say I am curious because I didn't watch the stream with Tom's commentary - WHAT is the Kiss & Cry story??

breadstal

Record Breaker
Kinda feels weird that Chinese Gold medal ice dancing team is not there. It was still cute mini Gala :laugh:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know it's Closing ceremony :laugh: I wrote it before but I thought it will be longer when Japanese ice dancers skated.

Ah, sorry.

Nevertheless, I still think it's not fair the way the organisers are doing this.

The skaters, the spectators, and the viewers at home are being robbed of the enjoyment of a proper Gala. :disapp:

There. Only 30 minutes after it started, and the Gala as we know it is over. :mad: :bang:

And no proper Finale. Just introducing the participants, and then a lap of hounour. :disapp:

We've all been shortchanged! :mad: :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I want to add a Hanee appreciation post.
Other than his popped 3A (WHYYYY??) these were the jumps I fell in love with when I first saw him. So high, and with such confident landings with great flow and speed afterwards. None of the other competitors came close to the quality of Han's jumps in the Free skate.
Mura brought some pretty huge jumps to the table as well, but was less rotated and tighter on the landings, but just a little.

yes... totally agree with this.. the most impressive and quality jumps ; han.. next, mura

OniBan

Final Flight
Ah, sorry.

Nevertheless, I still think it's not fair the way the organisers are doing this.

The skaters, the spectators, and the viewers at home are being robbed of the enjoyment of a proper Gala. :disapp:

There. Only 30 minutes after it started, and the Gala as we know it is over. :mad: :bang:

And no proper Finale. Just introducing the participants, and then a lap of hounour. :disapp:

We've all been shortchanged! :mad: :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

there's two part to the closing ceremony. I think there'll be more skaters and performances then.

Plus the Japanese crown prince is in attendance, which i think made for more protocols and possibly a more formal event than what we're used to in normal post competition gala.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I just realized in the protocols that Han Yan was the only one of the medalists with no negative GOE and he even got two +2 on his 1A. :laugh:

Oh, and Mura had the highest PCS.

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Since I couldn't continue watching live...

Boyang... obviously a better performance than his previous ones (it's cute and kinda funnier too). I personally love it more each time as it's not as empty as the "quad king's" FS. Seriously, I think he should've won.

Shoma... alright I won't breathe a word about that SP. Falls, a couple of wobbly jumps, the abundance of two footed skating, and that annoying opera singer hmm... though I think he excels with his expressiveness. It's still good overall but I think he should've placed second.

Han Yan... except for that music cut, finally Han Yan is pulling himself together and showed the beauty of this program. :)

Denis... ouch, that's gotta suck. What's wrong with him?

Mura... ! The program really came together for such a lovely and beautiful display (Forgive me for saying but I actually think he did better than the JPN champ ).

Couldn't find videos for Misha and MCM :( In any case, congratulations to the medalists : Shoma, Boyang and Han Yan. :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i have to say I am curious because I didn't watch the stream with Tom's commentary - WHAT is the Kiss & Cry story??

Just telling us where the name came from.

Some TV person was talking to a Finnish skater (can't remember the name) at a competition one time, and was asking "What do you call that area where they get the results?" And the answer came "Why, it's the kiss and cry!"

And the name has stuck ever since.

Of course, I can't imagine a Finn answering the exact way that Tom told the story! But, you get the drift.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
there's part 2 of the closing ceremony!!!

i think we'll see more skaters then

I wouldn't bet on it.

I stayed on the stream while writing my previous post, and they're currently covering up the ice.

CaroLiza_fan

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
but I can't help but laugh thinking that 4everchan already left his mark on shoma XD 1 week fan and he already got his controversial two-falls-in-fp win :laugh:

Oh, it's on 4everchan. Well I guess that explains the weird defending of that win, when you have a bad conscience because you're to blame, what else should you do!:yes:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm re-watching the videos cathlen posted in the other thread, now with Tom's thrilling commentary. Already heard wobble in the first seconds of Shoma's program. How did you guys even survive this stream?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Takahito :love:
Haneee :love:

The hot ones delivered, I am so happy for them! :hap57:

The commentary is terrible, I agree.

Last edited: