Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Asian Winter Games 2017, 23 - 26 Feb

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Oh come on, that's one lame attempt. A bit of trying to change the subject + you like Boyang as much as Shoma? Yeah, sure you do.
(And you are free to like Shoma more than Boyang of course, but claiming you like Boyang as much to make your opinion look more reasonable or something, ew)

This competition was like Japanese nationals. They wanted Shoma to win no matter what and even ignored his URs. Of course he isn't to blame for the scoring, but the scoring sucks.
Ah, back when Japanese national events weren't up on the list of laughing stocks, those were good times. How far they've fallen.

but I can't help but laugh thinking that 4everchan already left his mark on shoma XD 1 week fan and he already got his controversial two-falls-in-fp win :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh come on, that's one lame attempt. A bit of trying to change the subject + you like Boyang as much as Shoma? Yeah, sure you do.
(And you are free to like Shoma more than Boyang of course, but claiming you like Boyang as much to make your opinion look more reasonable or something, ew)

This competition was like Japanese nationals. They wanted Shoma to win no matter what and even ignored his URs. Of course he isn't to blame for the scoring, but the scoring sucks.
Ah, back when Japanese national events weren't up on the list of laughing stocks, those were good times. How far they've fallen.

damn it.. i forgot to mention mura... i loved takahito's performance :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am especially happy for Han Yan, I'm looking forward to seeing him smile like this again.

After the tough end to his season he had at Worlds last year, it's nice to see him having a better season. He looked pretty happy.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I too am very happy for Han Yan and the bronze medal he didn't get at 4CC. He was fierce and full out attacked that program tonight. It was a wonderful performance with big power jumps, even if he popped a 3A. I hope he has his confidence back and keeps it.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another positive -- my favorite pirate landed two quads. Hooray for Brendan!

Another positive -- the dead chicken costume did not make an appearance.

Seemed like there was a little better crowd by the time they got to the last two men's groups.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
couldn't catch anything live but omg!! what a precious podium :love:

Shoma looked almost embarassed to me. Poor him. It wouldn't have hurt him to get second here, and ultimately I think it would've been better for him. I haven't watched the other competitions, but I guess as figure skating is the most succesful Winter Sport for Japan, and there was no gold in the singles category, yet...well, they wanted that Gold for Shoma. Very much.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma looked almost embarassed to me. Poor him. It wouldn't have hurt him to get second here, and ultimately I think it would've been better for him. I haven't watched the other competitions, but I guess as figure skating is the most succesful Winter Sport for Japan, and there was no gold in the singles category, yet...well, they wanted that Gold for Shoma. Very much.

Either that or he wanted to be at home taking a nap. The timing was terrible. I'm tired and I only had to watch! He came and did what his federation told him to do -- SKATE. The vitriol is amazing.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

Especially after Rika had a meltdown. :sad21:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two different quads. ;) And marked the third with a 3T. Oh, I so hope...by Helsinki...

Wow -- he is rockin and rollin. He is very appealing. I got such a kick out of him at Sk Amer practices. He has a lot of personality and charm. And there's something awesome about a pirate!!!! :slink:

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
This competition has really put a spanner in the works for Worlds. This is going to be a real fight for Podium places, and Olympic Quotas.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Especially after Rika had a meltdown. :sad21:

I had no idea Rika was dealing with an injury. I found it somewhere that she has a bone bruise. Didn't quite understand why her performances were a little lackluster.

apple123

On the Ice
Boyang is truly a sportsman. How many times have the judges over-scored his opponents and made him lose? He never complains and take it graciously. But you know it's hurt. Well, let's just say karma has its own way.

breadstal

Record Breaker
So figure skating at Asian Winter Games is ended (sad that I missed Men's :cry:). Figure skaters will skate at Closing Ceremony btw, probably their Gala performances (?), not sure but nice that we will still see medalists :luv17:

FULL RESULTS:

Men:
1. Shoma Uno (JPN)
2. Boyang Jin (CHN)
3. Yan Han (CHN)

Ladies:
1. Dabin Choi (KOR)
2. Zijun Li (CHN)
3. Elizabet Tursynbaeva (KAZ)

Pairs:
1. Yu Xiaoyu / Zhang Hao (CHN)
2. Peng Cheng / Jin Yang (CHN)