Joshua Farris | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Jackie notices everything :cool14:

That said, it would not at all surprise me if Jackie had already earmarked this show as the possibility of seeing Josh video for the first time and was keeping a particular eye out. He knows Josh's comeback is one of the big storylines of the season, and he was just as thrilled as we were to hear of the comeback.

:agree: I would have been surprised if Jackie had not been on the lookout for video of Josh from Skate It Forward and/or had not had something to say about it.

But a more important question ;): Would it be a surprise to see Josh wearing a neon multi-colored boa? :laugh: :cool:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Perhaps Josh didn't want Jason to be the only brightly-coloured one :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Skate It Forward has posted some video of its own of Josh's performance:

I'm not so sure that it was a matter of Josh "liking" the boa :drama: :devil:, but he does seem fine with playing along for a group photo -- as he did with the goofy fake sideburns at the Avs performance :cool:.

I would say that Josh's head-to-at-least-torso banana :party2: costume of old was close to all out.
He was just going trick-or-treating, and had not even made any promise on social media to keep. But all due respect to PizzaHead :bow: :ghug: for giving his epic number of followers an on-ice performance and video.

musicfan80

Medalist
So.....is anyone else curious about what all went on in this (according to Tom Z./Jackie Wong) jump fest that happened yesterday at the World Ice Arena?

Apparently, Max, Joshua, Karen, Marin, Mirai, Vincent, Courtney, Nathan, and Adam were there. I'm assuming from Tom Z. that Nathan won being that he did a 3F-4T. Still, it would have been interesting and fun to watch, especially if what we saw from Joshua were more 3As, 4Ts, and/or 4Ss!

BTW, I don't know what those numbers on the right mean or why Joshua and Karen didn't have one.

EDIT: There a thread about this in The Edge.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think the numbers are related to the ticket system - maybe Joshua doesn't have a number in the system yet? Or maybe he doesn't buy the ticket (not sure why he wouldn't). The numbers are the skater's number in the World Arena system - I think they buy a certain number of "tickets" at a time, or maybe have an account.

musicfan80

Medalist
Who else is thrilled that Joshua got assigned to NHK Trophy today!!!!! :clap:

I don't even care that the competition there will be insane. Hopefully he will make the final LP group. :yes:

Last edited:

Tallorder

On the Ice
And presumably has a shot at Skate America TBD depending on how he looks at Champs Camp and pre Grand Prix B events

musicfan80

Medalist
I also think that the NHK Trophy selection byes him out of Sectionals. I believe they are that same week in November.

I don't know about Regionals, though. They are sometime in October and he might have to go.

LRK

Record Breaker
Maybe he could do a few Senior Bs in the autumn as well, which would also help him accumulate some ranking points.

musicfan80

Medalist
Maybe he could do a few Senior Bs in the autumn as well, which would also help him accumulate some ranking points.

I really, really, hope that Joshua does a couple of Senior Bs this fall. I also don't think that he will get Skate America unless he does well at them.

Also, Salt Lake City should be a quick flight for him. He can probably get a nonstop flight fairly easily (and hopefully also be really affordable).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so happy that his first GP back will be with Jason. :love:

I nearly cried again when I saw him on the GP list. IT'S REAL YOU GUYS. IT'S REAL. IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so excited to see him in the Aerial Challenge! I'm also hoping that maybe he will compete at Broadmoor!

musicfan80

Medalist
Skate Dance Dream has posted some photos of Joshua as an promotion for their camp next month! It looks like they are from those "Turns and Edges" clinics he taught during the Skate It Forward Ice Show weekend.

Instagram Post
Facebook Post - There's couple more photos here.

I will admit that I went :yahoo: at the Joshua Big Smile Photo. I don't care if it seems :eek::. I've been having a rough week and seeing that photo has helped. Not as much as my three day weekend coming up, though. :yes:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Josh's revamped website is up and running :cool::

FWIW, the only competitive events listed so far on his Ice Time page are (1) MK Aerial Figure Skating Team Challenge on Jun 24; and (2) NHK Trophy.

And no program information for 2017-18 yet.

The site has great photos of Josh (some of which will be familiar). My favorite two are on the Contact page.

... IT'S REAL YOU GUYS. IT'S REAL. IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

:agree: :dance2: :ghug:

I'm so excited to see him in the Aerial Challenge! I'm also hoping that maybe he will compete at Broadmoor!

FWIW, no mention on his site (at this point, at least) of the Broadmoor Open.

(Nor of Aerial Challenge's individual competition on Jun 23, BTW.)

But never say Never :popcorn: ...

ETA:

I am copying below the schedule for the World Arena's Fire and Ice exhibitions.
(Although I already posted it in The Edge a week or so ago, seems worth re-posting, esp. now that some of us will not have full access to GS archives.)

Broadmoor Skating Club announces 2017 schedule for Fire and Ice exhibitions. These exhibitions will feature members of Broadmoor Skating Club and skaters from across the country and the world who are currently training at The World Arena Ice Hall. Fire and Ice exhibitions will take place in Olympic rink of the World Arena Ice Hall and are open to public free of charge.

June 16 6:15 pm-7:45 pm
July 14 6:15 pm-7:45 pm
July 21 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
July 28 6:15 pm-7:45 pm
August 4 6:15 pm-7:45 pm
August 11 6:15 pm-7:45 pm
September 22 5:45 pm-8:15 pm
November 10 7:30 pm-8:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10155470604374548&id=183308679547 (May 23)​

Of course, no telling whether Josh will skate in any of these exhibitions.
But maybe he will??​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Uhum, I'm a bit of a fan of these photos on his site :eek::. I wonder when that shoot was done? It must have been very recent.