2018 Europeans Pairs FS | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Pairs FS

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
+1.80 GOE 3STh
+1.60 GOE 3LoTh

for the twofooted throws. This is more V/T got at sochi for their twofooted....

Seeing those throws in slomo with GOE they received made me question my mind, if I am seeing things as for those two-foot landings... Their throws are big and swift indeed, but landings were not...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am a bit cautious about how Bruno will perform at his first olympics without one more competitive warmup though. I suppose it's better than placing who-knows-where at euros though, so soon before pyeongchang.

If they skate the team event SP that might help him with his nerves.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Actually judges wanted to give them a medal. They got their seasons best PCS scores both in short and free, even they didnt skate their best this season :confused2: Its just a bad luck this time

It was hardly a surprise. I just knew it wouldn't happen. It took some time for the score to come up, too and I was doing the mental math. I feel sad for J/C but that skate looked extremely hard on them. I thought they would collapse at any moment, that they got their season's best PCS shows that they were not treated harshly here.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Seeing those throws in slomo with GOE they received made me question my mind, if I am seeing things as for those two-foot landings... Their throws are big and swift indeed, but landings were not...

point less for both throws would have been still OK.

Looking at the PCS...

All judges overscored T/M in PCS...Terrible evening for pair skating. The two most innovative pairs ended in 4th and 5th.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Being here in the minority, but i liked so much Natalia and Alexander. She has such great arm movements and i love how she moves and express herself.

I didn't liked S/K like i liked them during the GP. Their Carmen had no spark today. Such a pity, Ksenia is such a diva, but today was not her day at all.

Vaness and Morgan i predicted that they will win. Today they were so messy and i was so afraid at their lifts that they killed every joy their program could bring.

I like Evghenia and Vladimir's energy. I just like it, Candyman or not.

I also liked Valentina and Ondrej, very funny program, very them.

whatif

Medalist
Considering Vanessa is recovering from an injury it is amazing they did as well as they did. That .01 will be training fuel and put a fire in their eyes.

And would T/M receive SB scores for that skate anywhere else on earth. I doubt it

Oh please all skaters, unless you are Japanese, get 1-2 point PCS boost for a cleanish skate at home. So nothing outrageous here. They scored about 5 points higher here and they would have still not have won had J/C skated well.

Kutien

Final Flight
WINNERS
Judge No.1Ms. Elena FOMINAISU
Judge No.2Ms. Ekaterina SEROVAISU
Judge No.3Ms. Stanislava SMIDOVAISU
Judge No.4Ms. Prisca BINZ-MOSERISU
Judge No.5Ms. Laimute KRAUZIENEISU
Judge No.6Ms. Karin EHRHARDTISU
Judge No.7Ms. Asa NORDBACKISU
Judge No.8Mr. Josip CEROVACISU
Judge No.9Mr. Anthony LEROYISU

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Congrats T/M for a great comeback skate. It was an emotional evening for many of the skaters. Seemed like a tough competition.

matcha

Medalist
They're not even here but we all know the real winners are S/M. :slink:

Aliona is seasonsed enough to know when to say no thx.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Remember when we were thinking earlier that there wasn't much controversy in the Pairs thread? [emoji23][emoji257][emoji97]

haha, well, there is always a mini(?)-argument in pairs each cycle. Before sochi there was V/T vs S/S, then D/R vs S/K, now it's viewers' opinions about mozer skaters' packaging/execution vs the judges'...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay... lets not rag on the audience. It's hardly the first time an audience has favoured their own skaters. They paid for their tickets and they wanted to see their teams do well. Lets not take a dump on them for it.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
This is exactly why I hate when FS events take place in Russia. Yes, there is home inflation everywhere, but Russia takes it to another level.

First they robbed Carolina in ladies, now this. Just watch Bobrova and Soloviev challenge P/C in dance tomorrow :rolleye: