Practice cam chat | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice cam chat

Greta

On the Ice
Anyone know why Nguyen/ Smirnov weren’t here today? They were at practice yesterday.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I can't get mutliquote to insert the quotes -- anyway, not sure about Kaitlin's outfit, and hopefully no serious issue with Nguyen/Smirnov.

Oh, no! N/S listed as WD on the RD order of go.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I can't get mutliquote to insert the quotes -- anyway, not sure about Kaitlin's outfit, and hopefully no serious issue with Nguyen/Smirnov.
I’m not sure either—Jean Luc did not look to be wearing a competitive costume, just plain black with a shirt over it, but both had their hair/makeup done already. Hard to say.

And Nguyen/Smirnov may be in the next warm up group? The groups are not the same as yesterday

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
According to the start/results page Nguyen & Smirnov have withdrawn :(

You know I wouldn't mind seeing Chock and Bates wear the black masks for their RD - kinda adds to the menacing feel of the dance! lol

Seven Sisters

Medalist
According to the start/results page Nguyen & Smirnov have withdrawn :(

You know I wouldn't mind seeing Chock and Bates wear the black masks for their RD - kinda adds to the menacing feel of the dance! lol
Jinx! I thought the same. Madison looks ready for Halloween!

Shame about Nguyen/Smirnov. That was some big hair they were giving us in practice yesterday, was looking forward to seeing them!

Gusmom

Rinkside
Yaro going through his Elvis LP with completely blank expression—it’s impossible to tell if he will be lighting up the arena with this or not! Could go either way.
I think Elvis should be banned 😂 it’s impossible to capture Elvis artistically in comp. (Or I’ve never seen it done well). Seems to be a disadvantage before you even start.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, at least you can go out to get food! We have snow on the ground, and are keeping quarantine in any event, due to a known exposure (though test this morning was negative, thankfully)
I go to the drive through and wear a mask. Not for Covid but for whatever it is I have.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Elvis should be banned 😂 it’s impossible to capture Elvis artistically in comp. (Or I’ve never seen it done well). Seems to be a disadvantage before you even start.
I love Yaro’s Elvis, although it is getting a bit long in the tooth.