2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Rhythm Dance | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day1: Rhythm Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think S/K will need to perform in the free dance if they want to fight for that team gold. Them losing to H/D and M/G losing to S/H in pairs really put ROC in a chasing position.
yes and no. Russia will win the ladies SP and LP. Russia will still place ahead of USA for the pairs LP and actually, USA may drop there. Russia may lose again against the USA in the FD but it would be one ranking... the real deal here will be how well the USA women can stick close to the Russians and if the Russian man delivers in the LP versus whomever USA selects for the LP. If the USA want that gold, they should keep Nathan Chen for the LP.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
which team ran into Tessa & Scott?
It seems that @SnowWhite is referring to SinKats running into teams in warmup before and being 'more in the wrong.' And that Sinkats once ran into V/M, causing a bruise on Tessa's leg. I did not see this incident, so I'm only repeating @SnowWhite's comments.

The Japanese pair team were way better than Alexa and Brandon!

Sui/Han have to be perfect to beat M/G in the pairs event. It’s so close.

You are in the wrong thread. This is the ice dance team event thread.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Even S/K’s skills cannot save that RD program. Dont know how the got such high scores at their gran Prix.
Yes, I agree. Someone was talking about being offended by the German team, who were acting out movie characters. I found SinKats RD to be more skanky than edgy. Sure SinKats have talent, but they are overrated. Other teams are better, including Gilles/Poirier and Guignard/Fabbri. Hub/Don and Chock/Bates are head and shoulders better than SinKats, and Zhulin and SinKats know this!!! Forget about SinKats being close rivals to Papadakis/Cizeron. That's a lie too. Even Smart/Diaz and Fear/Gibson are more interesting teams to watch and often have better music and choreography than SinKats.

yctomi

Rinkside
I don't follow dance super closely, but were H/D expected to be in first considering this lineup?

In my (relatively uninformed) brain I was expecting 2nd or 3rd. Did the Russians make a major mistake? I didn't watch live and I watched without commentary.
Nikita made a pretty noticeable mistake in the middle of the midline step. He also wobbled in the second part of the twizzle.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Gotta say, I love Piper's new dress, it looks way better than the trousers. I really hope they'll do better in the main event. As for S/K they bore me to tears with their choreography and generall blandness. I'm not a big fan of H/D, but at least they have some spark.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shouldn't overall standings talk for the team event be in a separate, designated thread, not in the RD thread (@gsk8)?
or the respective Cheering threads.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Dear Members. During the first day of competitions at the Olympics we have noticed that many posters are completely forgetting that these are competition threads, as for actual skaters competing. They are not threads to express with whom you have an axe to grind, to express your political opinions, your issues about doping allegations, any issues you may have with certain countries or people, your opinion about cheating or not, disparaging comments about people experiencing mental health issues, and/or any xenophobic or homophobic opinions you wish to express. Such posts are contrary to forum guidelines in general but are especially off putting in competition threads. Please focus on what is happening on the ice.

Posts which contain such sentiments derail the thread and take the joy out of taking part in these threads for other posters who join in to enjoy the experience of watching a Figure Skating competition with like minded posters. The moderators are free to delete all such posts without warning, and will do so if this continues.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I wish Russians invested in S/B more. Katzalapov is fighter to the last, but he is struggling with his injury… I feel bad for the guy.
I completely agree! When Nikita almost fell, the first thing I said to my husband was “This is what Russia gets for not putting S/B in the RD.” Poor Nikita is clearly struggling with his injury and it’s unfair they are making him skate 4 times in the next week.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
It’s feeling like that World medal last year was a lifetime achievement award for G/P. The judges are not seeing it for them right now.
I don’t think this was their best skate though. Things can definitely change in the individual event.

reneerose

Final Flight
Gotta say, I love Piper's new dress, it looks way better than the trousers. I really hope they'll do better in the main event. As for S/K they bore me to tears with their choreography and generall blandness. I'm not a big fan of H/D, but at least they have some spark.
Piper tends to get her costumes improved upon near the end of each skating season. I like the dress too instead of the trousers and that she added some color variety to her and Paul's outfits.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I agree that SinKats aren't all that. They improved over the years from where they started, but that doesn't make them the best. Katsalopov shouldn't have broken up with his better skilled partner, Elena I, as they were much more skilled and interesting together. While Sinitsina has improved, and SinKats are a better team than when they started, they are NOT better than a lot of the teams they continue to be placed in front of. Everyone knows there was a push by Rusfed and Zhulin for SinKats, and Rusfed also tried it with the entertaining, but lesser skilled Stepanova/Bukin.

I don't agree with Tanith trying to talk up SinKats in the booth, which only continues to uphold the nefarious ice dance politics.
Sorry but the amount of people that praise S/K that are not Russian clearly show that they have skill. What is in it for other commentators to praise them if they didn’t actually believe it? The conspiracy theories on here are wild sometimes. Do the judges always get it right? No. Is their political voting/national bias at times? Yes. But S/K have consistently been 2nd for the most part to P/C for the last few years, so does that mean it’s all one big conspiracy by all the judges in all competitions and by non-Russian commentators?!

I think Russians always have a leg up in all the disciplines because they invest a lot in the sport and lots of Russians learn to skate at a very young age and have good basic skating skills. S/K aren’t even my favourite team let alone favourite Russian team, but the constant judging conspiracy is getting tiresome. Sorry for the rant but I had to say something.

H/D definitely deserve to be first as they skated that brilliantly.