8 Holly HARRIS / Jason CHAN AUS 170.20
9 Molly CESANEK / Yehor YEHOROV USA 166.61
10 Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY ISR 159.40

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if there will be practice cameras? I recall a practice camera with Ted commentary in Canada once, but I don't remember which comp it was for.

natkatj

Spectator
Contacted the venue and they said that plushies and flowers ARE allowed in the venue and to be thrown onto the ice (see attached photo). I asked specifically about Skate Canada so there's no confusion there (even though both the SkateCan website and venue website say no plushies lol)

Also no figure skates in the venue (I was hoping to get skaters' signature lol) and limit to banners is 3' x 5' which is pretty normal.

DGj10Vy.png

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Very interested to see P2 Evita FD.

MFD & Patrice still have nowt to do with LilahandLewis choreography. How many seasons has it been?
7 seasons that Romain has done their choreography with input from Lewis, and Sam Chouinard. Obviously Ginette has assisted with their RD.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Very interested to see P2 Evita FD.

MFD & Patrice still have nowt to do with LilahandLewis choreography. How many seasons has it been?
7 seasons that Romain has done their choreography with input from Lewis, and Sam Chouinard. Obviously Ginette has assisted with their RD.
if it ain't broken, no need to fix it.... It is perhaps even F/G who simply bonded with their choreo team and are fine with it..
When working with a team of coaches, I would assume that is it entirely normal that some athletes work mostly with some members of the team... Anyways... looking forward to seeing how this event unfolds with 3-4 top teams competing at the same time.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Contacted the venue and they said that plushies and flowers ARE allowed in the venue and to be thrown onto the ice (see attached photo). I asked specifically about Skate Canada so there's no confusion there (even though both the SkateCan website and venue website say no plushies lol)

Also no figure skates in the venue (I was hoping to get skaters' signature lol) and limit to banners is 3' x 5' which is pretty normal.

DGj10Vy.png
Thank you for letting us know! I have just frantically bought a few cards and a stuffed animal and have written a message to Keegan in one of the cards in an equally frantic way!!! Can I finish writing the other cards in time?!? 😂

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice

DGj10Vy.png
This is actually contradicting the Skate Canada International Event FAQ saying "It is not permitted to throw any items on the ice at this time." Can they fix it so it would not look too confusing and unorganized?:rolleyes:

DonnaR

On the Ice
I received an email from the venue yesterday per below, so hopefully no one has any issues.
  • Plushies/teddy bears and flowers are permitted. They will be allowed to be thrown onto the ice. There will also be a large gift box at the front of the venue where fans can drop off gifts for skaters. We recommend that flowers are pre-wrapped.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am forgetting -- do they have the clear plastic bag policy? I brought mine, if needed. Just wondering.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking I would be at the practice sessions today, but it has come to my attention that if I wanted to see all the tourist attractions I really want to see in Toronto, I will have to cut into practice session time somewhere. Unfortunately, that time may be today. I'll be back for Sho time, though! 😉

DonnaR

On the Ice
This is the info from the Paramount Centre email (no mention of clear plastic bags):
  • Re-entry during sessions will not be permitted, except during open practice times.
  • Guests will be permitted to leave between sessions and re-enter when attending with the second/evening session ticket on Friday and Saturday.
  • Plushies/teddy bears and flowers are permitted. They will be allowed to be thrown onto the ice. There will also be a large gift box at the front of the venue where fans can drop off gifts for skaters. We recommend that flowers are pre-wrapped.
  • Banners/signs or flags must not exceed 3’x5’.
  • Spectators cannot bring figure skates into the venue during this event.
  • To ensure a faster entry, please adhere to the bag policy noted below. Purses/bags can enter if they are smaller than 14"x14"x6". We do not have a storage area for luggage or large bags/backpacks.
  • Refillable containers are not permitted entry.
  • Our box office will be open when gates/doors open throughout the event.
  • All guests are subject to inspection. All bags will be searched prior to entering the venue.
  • Bags, backpacks or purses cannot be larger than 14”x 14”x 6” and are not permitted in the venue.
  • Concession stands are cashless.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Some practice notes: Flutzes and Waxels is at SCI and providing updates, and of course GS is as well! This Twitter account is posting YT videos of the practices and runthroughs

Rinka looks very strong, landing 3As and 3A-3Ts. She's going for a 3A in her SP, which was landed with only a step-out
Young You popped the 3A in her SP to a single, but is otherwise looking good
Niina Petrokina is practicing well, and stood up on two 3A attempts!
Rika is jumping triple sal, loop, and toe, and 2A

Country
Norway
Some practice notes: Flutzes and Waxels is at SCI and providing updates, and of course GS is as well! This Twitter account is posting YT videos of the practices and runthroughs

Rinka looks very strong, landing 3As and 3A-3Ts. She's going for a 3A in her SP, which was landed with only a step-out
Young You popped the 3A in her SP to a single, but is otherwise looking good
Niina Petrokina is practicing well, and stood up on two 3A attempts!
Rika is jumping triple sal, loop, and toe, and 2A
Niina is attempting 3A??? I didn´t know!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Halina Gordon Poltorak + Julia Rey of USA + Ayako Higashino of Japan
not sure Halina is good for Piper and Paul... but then, I doubt she would also be good for Fear and Gibson.... ( I think she is more "traditional" in her preferences)

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Fans of Kao Miura~
I'm handing out these rally towels (5 different colors) to support Kao

PXL_20221027_173100371.jpg
Come find me in Section 6, Row P if you would like one
I'm the super short, short-haired Asian aunty wearing all black, including black mask

I SHOULD be there in time for the Men's Thursday practice

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Fans of Kao Miura~
I'm handing out these rally towels (5 different colors) to support Kao

View attachment 5818
Come find me in Section 6, Row P if you would like one
I'm the super short, short-haired Asian aunty wearing all black, including black mask

I SHOULD be there in time for the Men's Thursday practice
I was just at Skate America and I loved the fan signs I saw there! One fan had made a beautiful banner depicting Kana and Daisuke as fish and I saw Kana and Daisuke admiring it and chatting with the fan on the concourse. (I think if I were to be close enough to Daisuke to speak to him I would faint dead away, but that is another matter.)

Good luck to Kao, he is a classy young man. On his way to the KnC after his FS he stopped to acknowledge the cheers of each and every section of fans. I also saw him up on the concourse the next day, patiently signing autographs for well-wishers.