2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada: Info & Pregame Chat

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if these delays have anything to do with the location of the seats. I bought my seats from someone else (so the delay is on their end), but they are front-row seats near the kiss-and-cry...

ChristineB

On the Ice
I double checked. I bought my tickets on July 23, and the seller transferred them to me as soon as she received my Pay Pal transfer.
I just wrote back to Skate Canada and Ticketmaster. I do wonder if those of us experiencing these problems were part of the Skate Canada presale. I bought tix before they opened it up to the general public, because I signed up on SC website for the alert.

To be continued...but I did notice that your seat is very close to mine!!

ChristineB

On the Ice
I wonder if these delays have anything to do with the location of the seats. I bought my seats from someone else (so the delay is on their end), but they are front-row seats near the kiss-and-cI

I wonder if these delays have anything to do with the location of the seats. I bought my seats from someone else (so the delay is on their end), but they are front-row seats near the kiss-and-cry...
You know, I think we may be onto something with this idea...my tickets are also front row near k&c. Section 5.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know, I think we may be onto something with this idea...my tickets are also front row near k&c. Section 5.
Gee, I feel left out. Mine are only in the lowly second row! They're great seats though and were reasonable.

:laugh2:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I also purchased full event tickets and kept getting the "ticket delayed" message
My seats are higher up (Row P, corner-ish, near the KnC)
I started to really worry that I did something wrong
Then a few days back I bought an individual Men's SP ticket (better seat) and that one was available to print immediately
I noticed shortly after my single event transaction was confirmed, that my all session tickets became available to print as well
Really strange~

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My tickets are in Section 3, unfortunately I won't be sitting that close to you...
A rep from Skate Canada just emailed back, asking me to contact the box office of the venue. This is MADDENING.
I really appreciate you providing the details of your experience here, even though it's clearly frustrating, so that others can also find a way out of this mess. 👍

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
from my experience of ticketmaster... (not just for skating) they suck.. but it always comes through and with enough time :)

do not worry folks :) it will be alllll fine :)

and yes.. they lifted all the restrictions.. which also means that most people will not wear masks in the plane/airport... so good luck with that... my uber careful friend caught covid on a plane just now... you certainly do not want to land in Canada and miss the skating due to that bug...

ChristineB

On the Ice
My tickets are in Section 3, unfortunately I won't be sitting that close to you...

I really appreciate you providing the details of your experience here, even though it's clearly frustrating, so that others can also find a way out of this mess. 👍
Just wanted to give you an update. After a week of calling, I finally reached someone at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. She was aware of the issue for those of us in front row and was working with Ticketmaster to get this resolved so we can finally print our tickets. She assured me that there are no issues and that we'll definitely have our tickets well before the time of the event.

Antigravity

Spectator
Just wanted to give you an update. After a week of calling, I finally reached someone at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. She was aware of the issue for those of us in front row and was working with Ticketmaster to get this resolved so we can finally print our tickets. She assured me that there are no issues and that we'll definitely have our tickets well before the time of the event.
Thank you for your update! I was also having issues with the ticket delay and I actually was just able to print my tickets after weeks of calling Ticketmaster. I am not in the front row, but was also having issues! Hopefully everyone can print their tickets soon =)

ChristineB

On the Ice

Tickets are now available to print.:)

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just letting everyone know that I finally got to print out my tickets today! 😁 Can't believe this is happening in a couple of weeks, where did the time go?!?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The person I purchased my all-event from sent me a new link to print tickets. I think I see what happened -- when I printed originally in July, they all have TBD for the time. I'm assuming at a certain point they decided to firm up the actual times before they allowed printing, because all my new tickets have a specific time...Is anyone getting the Super Fan Bag? If so, do you have a ticket for it?

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The person I purchased my all-event from sent me a new link to print tickets. I think I see what happened -- when I printed originally in July, they all have TBD for the time. I'm assuming at a certain point they decided to firm up the actual times before they allowed printing, because all my new tickets have a specific time...Is anyone getting the Super Fan Bag? If so, do you have a ticket for it?
Apparently you have to buy a separate ticket to get a Super Fan Bag...and the bags cost $75. 🙀 You may purchase a bag here if you like, but I don't think it would be worth it...

While double-checking this information on the Paramount Fine Foods Centre website, I noticed that there's a strict no reentry policy:
There is no re-entry to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies must first make contact with a Guest Services Supervisor to make necessary arrangements.

Security reasons preclude Paramount Fine Foods Centre from allowing in/out privileges to individuals who choose to leave the building. Exceptions can be made in special circumstances through our guest service locations. In these situations, a Security supervisor will be called in to assist with your need.
This could be an issue during the all-day practice session; I usually eat food outside of any arenas I go to. I don't want to subsist on arena food all day, but I guess I'll have to this time. 😂

ChristineB

On the Ice
The person I bought my tickets from paid for the Super Fan Bag, which reminds me I did get a REALLY good deal on my tickets!
I purchased my tix as part of the presale, so the bag was included as part of the All Event package. I do have a separate ticket for it and I was told we will need to go to the Skate Canada table at the arena to pick up the bag.

ChristineB

On the Ice
Apparently you have to buy a separate ticket to get a Super Fan Bag...and the bags cost $75. 🙀 You may purchase a bag here if you like, but I don't think it would be worth it...

While double-checking this information on the Paramount Fine Foods Centre website, I noticed that there's a strict no reentry policy:

This could be an issue during the all-day practice session; I usually eat food outside of any arenas I go to. I don't want to subsist on arena food all day, but I guess I'll have to this time. 😂
They better not run out of food at the concession stands!:eek:

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The person I bought my tickets from paid for the Super Fan Bag, which reminds me I did get a REALLY good deal on my tickets!
Wow, that really is a good deal! My ticket person didn't pay for a bag, but who needs bags anyway when you're in the front row? 😂

Edit: Just found out the bag also includes a blanket and event program...I'd be tempted to buy it if I wasn't using someone else's ticket to get in. 😅
They better not run out of food at the concession stands!:eek:
I'm more worried about whether the quality of food will live up to the arena's name, lol.

Last edited: