2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, they had the best choreography and charisma. Elements were pretty well done, but the SBS 2A and the 2throw have to be upgraded to really make a splash. I'm sure it's not anything they don't know.
I just love any time I can see them since they can’t skate internationally.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Sonya Hilmer. Her final combo spin changes direction when she changes foot. This is a feature we don't see very often.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My nose is running and I had to put on another layer. Just like I was there!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no idea who Aleksa is but despite some errors I was feeling that performance. And here comes Goku in all black and “Tango de Roxanne.” Strong skate though

I wish I had a dirty link to keep up with the men with you, but I'm going to have to wait until our friend gets it uploaded.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is that Todd Eldridge at the boards? Give it to me Yaro! My goodness, where is your funding link? That deserved a couple of bucks.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ellie and Timmy…the synchronicity, so amazing. I know they have a couple of simpler throws but…I feel relaxed (because they rarely make mistakes) yet excited (because I love them) when I watch them skate. A good combo

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I’m going to sleep. Repeated “suspended due to policy violations” error.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe I've been living under a rock and missed the change, or maybe I'm just too old to recall the last time I looked at protocols... but anyway...

The protocols for the singles step sequences now include the Key Points (example: YYN) like ice dance compulsory segments? The pairs step sequences did not have these notifications on their protocols.

Is this new?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like Sonya Hilmer. Her final combo spin changes direction when she changes foot. This is a feature we don't see very often.
She was my favourite at this event. To me, her program stood out the most in terms of uniqueness, etc. I hope she comebacks with her free skate.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Also, Sherry Zhang, my favourite USA Junior girl was terrific at this event with a 180+ result here 👏
The USA ladies are in solid shape this season. It will be interesting to see who shines.
It is a shame Sherry skated poorly at the Junior Cup. Hoping she can be given a slot for the Junior Grand Prix circuit this season.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe I've been living under a rock and missed the change, or maybe I'm just too old to recall the last time I looked at protocols... but anyway...

The protocols for the singles step sequences now include the Key Points (example: YYN) like ice dance compulsory segments? The pairs step sequences did not have these notifications on their protocols.

Is this new?
Yes, it's something USFS is doing at domestic comps.

The first Y is the body rotation, the second is the body movement, and the third are the two clusters.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They don’t do Kiss and Cry at these types of competitions. The results are posted either online and in a spot accessible to everyone.
I know they don't do K&C, but for instance, when I go to Philadelphia International or have seen any of these comps via stream, they have still announced the scores.

Cranberry does K&C (or did the year I went) cuz they're fancy.