dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

July 27-30, 2023

The Rinks - Anaheim ICE
300 West Lincoln Avenue, Anaheim, California 92805

This event is part of the Qualifying Series for US Nationals for singles and pairs.

This event is also part of the Southern California Inter-Club Invitational Series. Top point scorers at the
end of the season will be invited to the Invitational Final. Please see the Southern California Inter-
Club Association website at http://www.socalinterclub.org for more information

Website

Announcement

NQS starting order and results - these are not yet viewable

Summer Classic non national event starting order and results

SCHEDULE

STREAMING - $10.00 for both rinks

To Watch Please proceed to the Rink location on the right and then the Buy Now Button, purchase 15-30 minutes before scheduled time.

Proceed by clicking the Continue button. After check out you will be taken directly to the LIVE VIDEO.
The event can only be watched live, do not press pause button.

LIVE Video only, please don't pay until day of event

Last edited:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Notable Entries

Senior Men: Liam Kapeikis, Kai Kovar, Samuel Mindra, Yaroslav Paniot, Michael Xie
Senior Women: Sarah Everhardt, Alexa Gasparotto, Hanna Harrell, Hannah Herrera, Sonja Hilmer, Mia Kalin, Soho Lee, Elyce Lin-Gracey, Nicole Park, Clare Seo, Audrey Shin

Junior Men: Alexander Liu, Antonio Monaco
Junior Women: Mia Barghout, Annika Chao, Logan Higase-Chen, Teryn Kim, Cleo Park, Sherry Zhang

Senior Pairs: Liu/Nagy
Junior Pairs: Flores/Wang, Williams/Lewer

Gogolev and Rakic of Canada are also competing in the Senior Men's competition

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In case anyone hasn't figured it out, as noted above, the entries are now listed in the start orders for the NQS.

Senior pairs

Martins/Bedard
Liu/Nagy
McBeath/Parkman
Korytek/Chapman

Senior men:

Rakic, Endo, Nielsen, Sandraz, Mindra, Kovar, Yeung, Xie, Liu, Kapeikis, Gogolev, Sjöberg, Paniot

senior women (too tired to type :) )

entire llst

midori green

On the Ice
Korytek/Chapman were the most fun to watch (choreography and performance). Liu/Nagy were the smoothest. McBeath/Parkman look like they just started skating together (which they did, right?). Martins/Bedard look...young? Potential all around with early-season choppiness is my assessment. A couple neat death spiral entries, too!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Korytek/Chapman were the most fun to watch (choreography and performance). Liu/Nagy were the smoothest. McBeath/Parkman look like they just started skating together (which they did, right?). Martins/Bedard look...young? Potential all around with early-season choppiness is my assessment. A couple neat death spiral entries, too!
OMG, Ellie and Timmy were so so good. I love them. Senior pairs at US Nats is going to be LIT! So good to see B Nagy back skating for the US so I can see him more often. Yes, McBeath/Parkman just started skating together. She looks so happy!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So about the pairs.

Sure, they need some polish and time to gel as pairs.

But I was frankly shocked by the strength of the elements. 3 of 4 had SBS triples... Katie had a hand down, but the attempt was a 3F - bold. Same three had throw triples looking pretty solid. They all had a 3tw.

And speaking of 3tw... Liu/Nagy have world class height. That is not an exaggeration. I gasped and had to back up the video to make sure I had seen what I did, and I wasn't imagining it. She launched effortlessly, he had to reach well over his head to catch her after the revolutions, and the setdown and runout were smooth as silk.

McBeath and Parkman weren't chopped liver on the twist either.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no idea who Aleksa is but despite some errors I was feeling that performance. And here comes Goku in all black and “Tango de Roxanne.” Strong skate though

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So about the pairs.

Sure, they need some polish and time to gel as pairs.

But I was frankly shocked by the strength of the elements. 3 of 4 had SBS triples... Katie had a hand down, but the attempt was a 3F - bold. Same three had throw triples looking pretty solid. They all had a 3tw.

And speaking of 3tw... Liu/Nagy have world class height. That is not an exaggeration. I gasped and had to back up the video to make sure I had seen what I did, and I wasn't imagining it. She launched effortlessly, he had to reach well over his head to catch her after the revolutions, and the setdown and runout were smooth as silk.

McBeath and Parkman weren't chopped liver on the twist either.
Are you sleeping on Ellie and Timmy?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the only comp I’ve ever seen where they don’t announce the scores. So weird.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting this! I see that Clare Seo is keeping her Appalachian Spring SP, which makes me happy.

I liked almost everything about the program. I don't normally get worked up over costumes, but that dress needs to be re-thought. The song is a literal hymn, a Shaker song extolling the virtues of finding God in simple things... but that wild hot pink and purple dress with sparkles looks like something a saloon floozy would wear in a 1960's TV Western series.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you sleeping on Ellie and Timmy?
No, they had the best choreography and charisma. Elements were pretty well done, but the SBS 2A and the 2throw have to be upgraded to really make a splash. I'm sure it's not anything they don't know.