2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was phenomenal!! :D :D Yuma is just such a talent, and he's had a major glow-up this year. He has always had wonderful jumps and skating skills, but his performance and choreography are much improved. I loved, loved, loved his step sequence!! :)

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, they went back to drawing this year. Your questions make sense even at 5:30.
Thank you! I was confused because the last pair group, I think, went in reverse rank order, but I guess they just drew it that way.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
At this point in time, I doubt Max has anything to do with the hope of a pair team in korea. Their split happened several years ago.
On top of that, Canada is doing so much for the Korean team event chances ;) Maybe, with the wonderful talent in singles we see in the junior ranks in Korea, that Korea should build their own pairs instead of counting on Canadian men :)

I need to save my energy for my new adopted son too ;)
... I will not attempt to explain my feelings/thought process further, it's going to be meaningless. I will just say that we do not, I repeat do not have enough men. We currently have 10 (domestic) seniors and 7 (domestic) juniors. That is 17 in total. And considering the physical characteristics a pairs man needs (not everybody can be Han Cong) our hopes of building a native Korean pairs team is non-existent. Do you think I like having to depend on a foreign skater who has to go through citizenship hurdles? It's literally that there is no other option

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
... I will not attempt to explain my feelings/thought process further, it's going to be meaningless. I will just say that we do not, I repeat do not have enough men. We currently have 10 (domestic) seniors and 7 (domestic) juniors. That is 17 in total. And considering the physical characteristics a pairs man needs (not everybody can be Han Cong) our hopes of building a native Korean pairs team is non-existent. Do you think I like having to depend on a foreign skater who has to go through citizenship hurdles? It's literally that there is no other option
and that's why Max deserves credit for even considering going through these hurdles... then another opportunity came up... he tested it... this is what people do in their careers too.... you got a job... you get another offer... you see what it's like, then you make a decision... you don't leave the previous job, without securing the new job.

This is not the same when you have a relationship of course.. and i think a bunch of fans mix these two up. But i am done here.. focusing on gorgeous CHA's skating now

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That reminds me...isn't Harley Windsor skating for South Korea now? Or did that not happen in the end?

On the plus side, Jun's looking good :cheer:

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
24. Junhwan CHA 🇰🇷
The Batman Theme

4S
4T (stepout)
3Lz!+3Lo (holds on)
FCSp4
3Lz!< (stepout)
StSq4
3A+2A+SEQ
3A
3F+1Eu+3Sq
CCoSp4
ChSq1 +1.90
FCCoSp3

FS: 177.65 (2nd)
TOT: 272.95 (3rd)

Much better from Jun than the disasters at the start of the season, hopefully he continues to heal up and get it at Worlds. He could take a medal if the rotation calls go his way.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Juna-Bauer will never be surpassed! It is truly a thing of beauty! That Choreo sequence better have got +5.00 GOE for real.

I'm no good at guessing scores, do we think Jun will stay on the podium? Or were Shun and Sota too good?